Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th May 2003, 08:52   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

IfoEdit 0.95 Intermittently Reverts Back to 0.94 (2COOL's Fix).

I think I finally found a permanent fix for this. Just right-click on the IfoEdit.ini file in C:/Windows and check read only. Here is my analysis and reasoning.

I had experienced this previously when I was using Win98 SE prior to upgrading to WinXP SP1. What I did back then was install 0.95 without de-installing 0.94. Ifoedit doesn't even have any registry values. I thought that after a fresh new OS install, I wouldn't get this problem again. But the problem still existed and now and then, 0.95 would revert back to 0.94 without any logical explanations. The "band-aid" fix for this was to delete the IfoEdit.ini file which was located in my C:/Window folder. I mentioned "band-aid" because it was just a temporary quick fix.

Here's what is in my IfoEdit.ini when it's 0.95 and when it reverts to 0.94.

Ifoedit 0.95
[IfoEditApp]
WP=MCAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPJGAAAAAANEAAAAAAIBEAAAAAFPCAAAAA

IfoEdit 0.94
[IfoEditApp]
WP=MCAAAAAACAAAAAAADAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPJGAAAAAANEAAAAAAIBEAAAAAFPCAAAAA

Notice the changes in the 9th and 17th characters for WP? If I deleted the IfoEdit.ini file, a new ini file would be created and I'll be back to 0.95 the next time I start IfoEdit. My WP value will be back to normal.

So when WP changes again when in 0.95, I would get version 0.94 the next time I open IfoEdit. Sometimes, the window woulnd't get maximized by default. How it gets corrupted is beyond me.

<Sigh> It took me this long to figure out how fix IFOedit from changing to 0.94.

It's been 3 days since I've initiated the fix and I haven't reverted back to 0.94 yet. I'm being really optimistic at this point because my theory seems right about the fix.

Here's my first post on this matter back in November 2002.

Last edited by 2COOL; 12th June 2003 at 19:07.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote