Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2003, 07:06   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

How To Do a Movie-Only DVD using DVD95Copy Guide

How To Do a Movie-Only DVD using DVD95Copy
Courtesy of 2CL

There are still a lot of die-hard people out there that just want a movie-only DVD. No Menus. Some people have noted that the video quality of DVD95Copy is way better than DVD2one. At this moment, I tend to agree. I will show you how I do it.

3/18/03 Note: It has been brought to my attention that this guide may not be understandable to a "newbie". But, I still feel that it's at a comprehensive level and will leave it at that. If there are any areas of confusion you may have, please reply courteously or PM me to let me how I can clarify what troubles you.

Tools I used
IFOedit 0.95
DVD95Copy 1.1 Full Version or later

3/15/2003 Update: I have added step 10a for disabling menu buttons on your DVD player’s remote control.

Movie is in Titleset 1 (VTS_01): Go to Step 3
Movie is not in Title Set 1: Go to Step 5
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB thru VTS_01_*.VOB
  • VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    All your movie’s VTS_*_*.* except VTS_*_0.VOB

Note 1: VTS_01 must be present on any DVD as this is a mandatory DVD specification.

Note 2: If you are unsure of which Titlset to rip, read step 6 to get your Title and on the same line in "Number of Title Play Maps", you will see your VTS_* (Title Set) number.

In IFOedit, we need to find out what the Title Number is for your movie. Go to VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMG Overview / Number of Title Play Maps. The Title with the most chapters is your movie’s title.

In a case if you have a DVD with Widescreen and Fullscreen, you will have two Titles with the same amount of chapters. You need to know which one is the one you want. Usually, it pretty simple. Scroll down to “Number of Video Title Sets on this DVD” and examine your two Titles. Normally, the one with a video attribute of 16:9 is your Widescreen Title and the other Title should be your Fullscreen, 4:3.

If both are showing the 4:3, then play you original DVD in IFOedit. Not the one your ripped to your harddrive. When you get the movie that you want playing, look in IFOedit’s DVD Play Panel. There is a status window. Your Title number will be displaying.
8. Now go to your VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMGM_MAT / First Play PGC / PGC Command Table in your movie folder on your harddrive. Edit your first pre command to jump to your Title. Right Click on Pre Command line and select “Edit Command”. Choose "(JumpTT) Jump to Title" in pulldown menu and enter your Title Nr as found in step 6. You should have this below.

1.Pre Command (JumpTT) Jump to Title: #

Translation: Upon DVD insert, your movie will play.
10. Now go to your movie’s IFO. Go to / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1 / PGC Command Table. Edit your “Number of Pre Commands”, “Number of Post Commands”, and “Number of Cell Commands”. Each properties should be changed to zero values. Here’s what you should have below.

Number of Pre Commands 0
Number of Post Commands 0
Number of Cell Commands 0

Translation: With no commands present, you have no errors in navigation.

Have these options checked:
  • X Menu Call - Title
    X Menu Call - Root
    X Menu Call - Subpicture
    X Menu Call - Audio
    X Menu Call - Angle
    X Menu Call – PTT

Translation: This prevents you from using your remote control to access your menus on your movie that does not exist.

For your Destination Path, browse to your “DVD95Copy” folder.

Last edited by 2COOL; 19th March 2003 at 05:48.
Old 15th March 2003, 14:31   #2  |  Link
jdobbs

Why wouldn't you just rip the movie-only with DVDDecrypter, then use IFOEdit to create a new set of IFOs, DVD95Copy, and burn. Four steps and you're done.
Old 15th March 2003, 22:06   #3  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
Why wouldn't you just rip the movie-only with DVDDecrypter, then use IFOEdit to create a new set of IFOs, DVD95Copy, and burn. Four steps and you're done.
@jdobbs,

Hmmm...that would work if the movie was originally programmed for a chapter for each cell. But, not all DVDs are like that so instead of changing the PGC Program Map in the movie, I decided to do it this way so that it could work on any movie.

Also, when you create new IFOs in IFOedit, you only have two Chapter optons:

• 1. Create a Chapter for each cell
    2. Create Cell for 1st Cell only of each PGC

Most people choose number 1 and that's where your IFOupdate program comes in later when needed.

Last edited by 2COOL; 15th March 2003 at 22:42.
Old 19th March 2003, 00:51   #4  |  Link
mikef07

That is the worst guide I have ever seen. The English is barely coherent. If you know what youi are doing then this is fine, if you are a beginner I guarantee they don't get past step 6. If you want to write a guide learn how do communicate.

Step 6 should say something like.

1. Select Open.
2. Select your Video_ts.ifo file.
3. Look in window where it says VMG OVerview. Below that you will se Number of Title Play maps. The largest is most likely your movie.

Step 7??? Region free each IFO and get vts Sectors in Ifoedit? Which one do you open first. Do you region free each ifo first then vts it or do you do one after the other? This is gibberish.

Old 19th March 2003, 01:06   #5  |  Link
nyplayer

Seems like a lot of trouble...this way is easier.

1.Rip The whole dvd to hard drive.

2. Run through DVD-toolbox do not check to split. Here you can eliminate unwanted audio and subtitles. Or keep them all and do it in Dvd95Copy
http://www.dvdtoolbox.de/index_en.htm

3. Run Ouput of DVD-Toolbox through Dvd95Copy

4. Burn
Old 19th March 2003, 01:44   #6  |  Link
2COOL

@nyplayer

I get the feeling you're one of those people who looks at how many steps a guide has at first glance before reading it. So by first impression, it's normal to say "That's a whole lot of steps and trouble". The thing about doing guides is to ensure that every small step is documented to eliminate or minimize any grey areas. I could easily say rip, DVD95Copy, and burn. I always try to put myself in a newbie's shoes and see if they can grasp what needs to be done. At first, it'll be slow because it's something new but when you get proficient at it, you don't need the guide no more. It took a awhile to commit to memory on how to strip out my stream and VOBIDs in IFOedit but now, it's a piece of cake.

What I'm getting at is that though my guide has 17 anal retentantive steps, there's only three major easy to learn edits to do in IFOedit. But I am an open-minded person who always up for suggestions and recommendations. There are more than one method in backing up movies. My method works and so does yours. From there, it's just a matter of personal preference.
Old 19th March 2003, 02:22   #7  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by mikef07
That is the worst guide I have ever seen. The English is barely coherent. If you know what youi are doing then this is fine, if you are a beginner I guarantee they don't get past step 6. If you want to write a guide learn how do communicate.

Step 6 should say something like.

1. Select Open.
2. Select your Video_ts.ifo file.
3. Look in window where it says VMG OVerview. Below that you will se Number of Title Play maps. The largest is most likely your movie.

Step 7??? Region free each IFO and get vts Sectors in Ifoedit? Which one do you open first. Do you region free each ifo first then vts it or do you do one after the other? This is gibberish.
I can't believe I missed out on this post! For someone who just registered in Jan 2003 and your first post, you sure have a lot of B*LLs for blatantly accusing me of a badly written guide! Most good people would gracefully correct me but no, not you! You went for the head first. If you have any questions, it is good netiquette to ask courteously on what you don't understand. I've read Step 6 and I don't see any problems with that. And step 7, what part of "each IFO" don't you understand. Each means "ALL". It doesn't matter which you pick first, MOFO! You don't want 2COOL to be UNCOOL!

I think you're the one talking gibberish. I've put out a quite a share of guides to help people like you and this is the thanks I get for being a giving person?! Buddy,you just made my day! You're up there on my sh*tlist now. Good luck on seeing me give you any help on your problem in the future.

Quote:
If you want to write a guide learn how do communicate.
No comment.

Is there anybody out there who has any trouble with understanding steps 6 and 7 of my guide? I'll be happy to correct for YOU instead of you-know-who if there are any grey areas or misunderstandings.

Last edited by 2COOL; 19th March 2003 at 04:07.
Old 19th March 2003, 04:09   #8  |  Link
mikef07

I don't need the help. I understand how to use it. But for people who would use it, mainly beginners, you have made it way to hard to understand. Writing a guide is not easy, I will admit. But if I were to write one I would want it to be coherent. Also, just cause I registered in January , that don't mean sh*t. A poorly written guide is a poorly written guide, no matter if I was registered in January 2003 or January 1991.

Old 19th March 2003, 04:10   #9  |  Link
mikef07

Quote:
Originally posted by nyplayer
Seems like a lot of trouble...this way is easier.

1.Rip The whole dvd to hard drive.

2. Run through DVD-toolbox do not check to split. Here you can eliminate unwanted audio and subtitles. Or keep them all and do it in Dvd95Copy
http://www.dvdtoolbox.de/index_en.htm

3. Run Ouput of DVD-Toolbox through Dvd95Copy

4. Burn
WRONG!!!. Your steps are not coherent. You could have 4 steps or 4000 and your writing is poor at best.

Old 19th March 2003, 04:11   #10  |  Link
mrbass

@2Cool...cool down spud....His opinion is just that: his opinion. Take it for what it's worth: not much. If you think you can clarify any steps clearer then do so. If not leave it as is. People email me and tell me do basically go to hell all the time. Well my life is already a living hell so they can't wish worse upon me
Old 19th March 2003, 04:15   #11  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by mikef07
I don't need the help. I understand how to use it. But for people who would use it, mainly beginners, you have made it way to hard to understand. Writing a guide is not easy, I will admit. But if I were to write one I would want it to be coherent. Also, just cause I registered in January , that don't mean sh*t. A poorly written guide is a poorly written guide, no matter if I was registered in January 2003 or January 1991.
I don't need to waste my time on chumps like you. One bad apple in the tree is not worth it. I hope you get a lot of beer coasters during your stay here.
Old 19th March 2003, 04:18   #12  |  Link
mikef07

Im already at about 175 movies with 1 coaster so far. Sorry!! A much easier way to do it is to use DVD2ONE if you just want the movie. Use DVD2ONE, Set the ouput size to 9000MB so no compression occurs. When done use DVD95copy. Wow very easy and easy to understand. I applaud you for your guide. It is very thoughtful, seriously. But you do need to rewrite parts of it to make it understandable to a beginner.

Old 19th March 2003, 04:19   #13  |  Link
2COOL

Did I just hear something? Must've been my imagination. Oh well, time to move on...

Edit: PM me and let's discuss it privately if you choose. I want to abide by Doom9's rules and not let this thread get nasty.

Last edited by 2COOL; 19th March 2003 at 04:22.
Old 19th March 2003, 04:21   #14  |  Link
mikef07

Ok lilttle kid.

Old 19th March 2003, 04:33   #15  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by mrbass
@2Cool...cool down spud....His opinion is just that: his opinion. Take it for what it's worth: not much. If you think you can clarify any steps clearer then do so. If not leave it as is. People email me and tell me do basically go to hell all the time. Well my life is already a living hell so they can't wish worse upon me
@mrbass

When people give their opinion to me, it's cool. I'm really understanding. But to "slap" my face while doing it, I will not tolerate. It's not what mikef07 brings to the table, it's how he presents it.

What do you think? Is my guide clear for you even if you were a newbie? Do I sound like a "incoherant" fool in need of communication lessons?
Old 19th March 2003, 13:32   #16  |  Link
aaron10

Mike,

I do think there is more to communication than clarity of purpose. For example, an effective communication offering suggestions or criticism should not come across as demeaning or arrogant. I don't think many would judge your posts as lacking in either of these two categories. If I had to rate your communication skills based on your posts here, you certainly wouldn't receive a passing grade.

This forum is a great place for people to interact and help each other. If you have issues with anyone here, a PM is the best way to resolve things.

I think we should let this strain of the thread meet its timely demise.

Last edited by aaron10; 19th March 2003 at 13:58.
Old 19th March 2003, 15:51   #17  |  Link
mikef07

Quote:
Originally posted by aaron10
Mike,

I do think there is more to communication than clarity of purpose. For example, an effective communication offering suggestions or criticism should not come across as demeaning or arrogant. I don't think many would judge your posts as lacking in either of these two categories. If I had to rate your communication skills based on your posts here, you certainly wouldn't receive a passing grade.

This forum is a great place for people to interact and help each other. If you have issues with anyone here, a PM is the best way to resolve things.

I think we should let this strain of the thread meet its timely demise.
My communication skills obviously are perfect. You all completely understood what I was trying to say. To say I can't communicate would be laughable. You may not like how I communicate, but I can indeed communicate in an effective manner. Effective is to ask did the other people involved understand the information I am trying to convey. You obviously understand what I am trying to say if you say I am demeaning and arrogant. One could not make that assumption if my communication was flawed. Second, when someone puts together a guide, and there are about 100 of them, I ecpect them to be done in a matter that a 65 year old grandmother can follow the procedure. Not a chance here. Jus tbecause someone puts a guide together does not mean someone should not question it. WHen a person uses a guide it should be so easy to follow that he has no questions whatsoever. If I take my car into to get washed and they do a crappy job should I accept it because he was nice enought to wash it? NO!!! If you want to put yourself out there by writing a guide then accept some criticism. His procedure is wonderful. I'll rate it an A+. His delivery is a D. If I hand this to a few of my friends who are beginners, they have no chance of getting through it without calling me.

Last edited by mikef07; 19th March 2003 at 15:57.

Old 19th March 2003, 16:04   #18  |  Link
hakko504
Remember Rule One

@mike

There is no need for a flame war. You have not added anything constructive to this conversation. You would have been much more believable if you had tried to offer ideas on what is wrong and how to correct it.

@2cool

Try to live up to your nick and don't let people like mike annoy you. You do a good job and it's people like you that listens to valid critisim that we need here.

@all

If this doesn't stop right now the thread will be closed. I'm only letting it stay because I think that we should be able to make valid comments and ask things about the guide in this thread.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com
Old 19th March 2003, 16:34   #19  |  Link
mikef07

This is crap. This is America buddy. If I want to criticize something then I have the right to do so. Don't threaten to ban me because of my criticism. I have a right to free speech. I didn't call him names or anything like that. I said he didn't communicate his guide very well. Who are you? Are you moderator Hussein? Because you sure act like it. And if I got a warning, they both better have also. They also criticized me. Do I think what they did by criticizing me is wrong? No. They have that right to. But if we hae to tip-toe through this forum then this place is idiotic. You are in a public place on the internet. Therefore, we have the right to freedom of speech. Did you not go to school and learn about the big thing called the CONSTITUTION? You have no right to ban someone for criticism. When you host in America you follow our laws. THIS ISN'T SWEDEN.

Old 19th March 2003, 16:39   #20  |  Link
hakko504
Remember Rule One

This is not america. This is a european based board. And even in america you are not allowed to ridicule anyone. Post valid comments and we will treat you with respect. You have not followed our rules - #4 especially: Be nice to each other - profanity and insults will not be tolerated.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com
Closed Thread