Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 21st January 2003, 06:16   #1  |  Link
timewaster

Removing preview question

I have a movie (About A Boy), where after the main menu loads and u hit the play button from the main menu, it plays a trailer of a movie (VTS_06XXX) and a msg saying the movie has been formatted to fit to your screen (VTS_07XXX). How would you go about getting rid of them, so that when u select "play movie" from the main menu it will go directly to the movie?
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2003, 07:54   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: Removing preview question

Quote:
Originally posted by timewaster
I have a movie (About A Boy), where after the main menu loads and u hit the play button from the main menu, it plays a trailer of a movie (VTS_06XXX) and a msg saying the movie has been formatted to fit to your screen (VTS_07XXX). How would you go about getting rid of them, so that when u select "play movie" from the main menu it will go directly to the movie?
Simple.

Disabling All Miscellaneous Between After Play button Is Pressed and Before Start of Movie Guide

Play the original DVD and watch IFOedit's status panel. When you press your Play button, you need to know what is it status panel displays when your first video clip. You're then going to have three scenarios.

1. Video Manager Menu (VMG)
2. Title Set Menu (VTS)
3. Title: #

Your video resides in a VOB-ID in VIDEO_TS.IFO/VMG Overview/Menu Language Unit. View each one and when you find your trailer, delete playback on VOB-ID in question.

Your video resides in your movie titleset. Assuming your movie is VTS_01_*, then your video is most likely to be a VOB-ID in your VTS_01_0.IFO/VMG Overview/Menu Language Unit. View each one and when you find your trailer, delete playback on your VOB-ID.

Your video resides in a titleset other than your movie titleset. Since you are jumping from one titleset to another, you have to jump to your VMG (VIDEO_TS.IFO) first and then jump to that other titleset. I sometimes call this "jumping from Title to Title through a dummy PGC". For example, if you got Title:50, then one of your PGC-Menus in your VIDEO_TS.IFO/VTSM_PGCI_UT/ contains that. Go through each PGC-Menu and look for this command, (JumpTT) Jump to Title:50.
  • Updated: 28Apr2003
  • If it is located in your pre-command section,then edit that to command to jump to your movie's title, (Jump_TT) Jump to Title.
  • If it is located post-command section, then edit your first pre-command to jump to your movie's title, (Jump_TT) Jump to Title.

These edits "should" bypass all videos between your main menu and movie.

Note: This may not work on all DVDs. There might be more than one miscellaneous clips between your menu and your movie and you might be bypassing some necessary GPregs settings. If you experience any problems with this method, I recommend you use this other guide I wrote for bypassing Titles, Disabling/Bypassing Unwanted Titles (Version 2)

Last edited by 2COOL; 29th April 2003 at 06:58.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 04:29   #3  |  Link
mikewillnot

Quote:
Go through each PGC-Menu and look for this command, (JumpTT) Jump to Title:50.

-If it is located in your pre-command section,then edit that to command to Jump to Title: 50.
2COOL, a clarification please. This part is a bit confusing to me. If the command being sought is found in the pre-command section, why edit that command to the same value? Either you meant something else, or I misunderstand. Thanks.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 07:00   #4  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by mikewillnot
2COOL, a clarification please. This part is a bit confusing to me. If the command being sought is found in the pre-command section, why edit that command to the same value? Either you meant something else, or I misunderstand. Thanks.
mikewillnot,

I apologize for the confusion, I wrote that quite awhile back. I updated the guide above for clarification and an extra note. Let me know if that works for you.
Old 29th April 2003, 14:22   #5  |  Link
mikewillnot

Thanks. That's what I thought you probably meant. Wasn't sure, though.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2005, 17:11   #6  |  Link
FiEND

question

i usually follow your guides to a T but just had my first problem. after pressing play something would get stuck in a strange loop.

anyhoo i wanted to ask if this is a OK fix.

using menu edit i looked up the hex in the scene selection menu for chapter one. then i duplicated that hex in on the play button(s) it had 2 menus in menuedit. seems to work for me in ifoedit and powerdvd.

if this is OK, then would be easier.

thanks
FiEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2005, 00:55   #7  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@Fiend

You have revived a very old thread!

The latest technology to kill playback (of a menu outro in your instance) is PgcEdit's macro. PgcEdit also has a menu editor,if you wish to use that.

But your methodology is fine. Just remember, that many DVDs duplicate the menu in several PGCs and/or programs, so you will need to change the menu commands in each of them.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote