Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 9th October 2018, 22:00   #1841  |  Link
jdobbs

Let me give that some thought. So... you'd like to have the chapters displayed in a separate menu? That would mean I'd have to create a way for you to select background video/image for the chapter menu... and create it. I'd also have to add a way to select the chapter menu from the main menu... either that or go to it automatically when the film is selected (rather than start playing).

I think it's doable...but I'd have to look at the code and see how much effort it would take.
Old 10th October 2018, 09:34   #1842  |  Link
musiclover

I only thought of replacing the quick-play menu as it is now with a menu containing the chapters. But you are right to look further and come up with selecting the chapter menu from the main menu.

I am happy that you are considering putting it on your todo list

Last edited by musiclover; 10th October 2018 at 14:38.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 14:42   #1843  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
I only thought of replacing the quick-play menu as it is now with a menu containing the chapters. But you are right to look further and come up with selecting the chapter menu from the main menu.

I am happy that you are considering putting it on your todo list
That would certainly be an easier way to do it!
Old 13th November 2018, 13:25   #1844  |  Link
musiclover

You created the hidden setting KEEP_HD_LPCM=0 where LPCM gets being reencoded even for "Keep HD Audio". Is it possible to make a reversed setting? So that LPCM is kept and DTS and AC3 are reencoded ?

Last edited by musiclover; 13th December 2018 at 15:04.
Old 6th April 2019, 00:12   #1845  |  Link
m.rup

Blanking single items

Hi, when blanking an item in the stream list, in some cases BD Rebuilder is selecting loads of additional items. That's basically not bad, but in some cases BD Rebuilder is overdoing things so I get problems while trying to play the processed movie. Would it be possible to add an additional item to the pop up menu, e.g. 'Blank this single item' or so, that does not affect other items in the stream list, or is there already an (hidden) option available for setting the blanking behavior?
m.rup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2019, 04:22   #1846  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.rup View Post
Hi, when blanking an item in the stream list, in some cases BD Rebuilder is selecting loads of additional items. That's basically not bad, but in some cases BD Rebuilder is overdoing things so I get problems while trying to play the processed movie. Would it be possible to add an additional item to the pop up menu, e.g. 'Blank this single item' or so, that does not affect other items in the stream list, or is there already an (hidden) option available for setting the blanking behavior?
I don't know if this is relevant, but I THINK BDRB blanks entire 'playlists' when you blank an item. Sometimes it is the movie itself divided into several parts, or it can be like all trailers, for example.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2019, 12:02   #1847  |  Link
m.rup

Yeah, it seems to work that way, so I ask myself if it would be possible to restrict the blanking to one 'playlist' item.
Old 6th April 2019, 19:19   #1848  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Yeah, it seems to work that way, so I ask myself if it would be possible to restrict the blanking to one 'playlist' item.
Well, if you happen to tell yourself an answer...

Seriously though, there have been a few times where I noticed that I would have preferred to blank just the one item instead of a whole block of them. I can't remember the specifics, but maybe something like blanking a large Xtra I really don't want, but not wanting to blank all of them.
Old 6th April 2019, 19:32   #1849  |  Link
m.rup

Of course I'm mainly asking jdobbs... It's not only blanking of special extras, in some cases also disc structure seems to be destroyed, at the moment, i see it while processing Incredibles 2. Here also the items that are displayed while disc is loading are included into selection. When blanked, the disc stops after the language selection menu.
Old 8th April 2019, 20:56   #1850  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Well, if you happen to tell yourself an answer...

Seriously though, there have been a few times where I noticed that I would have preferred to blank just the one item instead of a whole block of them. I can't remember the specifics, but maybe something like blanking a large Xtra I really don't want, but not wanting to blank all of them.
Honestly, some extras rely on other extras. Which is why when you blank some - all of them are. I don't know all the details about it, but it fits with logic of how some BDs are made. The authoring process.

Quote:
Of course I'm mainly asking jdobbs... It's not only blanking of special extras, in some cases also disc structure seems to be destroyed, at the moment, i see it while processing Incredibles 2. Here also the items that are displayed while disc is loading are included into selection. When blanked, the disc stops after the language selection menu.
I'll check that for myself.. I rarely use the language menus. I hadn't considered any of those braking before after processing. Unless you mean the removable of some languages and they're still a choice in the menu, but that's normal.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 8th April 2019 at 20:59.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2019, 23:10   #1851  |  Link
gonca

@Lathe
Here we go again
Quote:
I hadn't considered any of those braking before after processing
Shouldn't that be breaking >> before or after

Apologies AmigaFuture but it bugs Lathe and his rabbit ears
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 19:03   #1852  |  Link
m.rup

Quote:
Honestly, some extras rely on other extras. Which is why when you blank some - all of them are. I don't know all the details about it, but it fits with logic of how some BDs are made. The authoring process.
It sometimes (not alwas, depends on disc) happens when I blank annoying warnings and stuff. In case of Disney footage, sometimes even the introductory castle is concerned.

I assume that it should be possible to isolate the specific item to be blanked, because when I preview the same with MPC, I don't get all the stuff displayed.

Some problematic discs (all region B): Vaiana, Fantastic Four Silver Surfer, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Incredibles 2, just to give some examples.
Old 11th April 2019, 18:57   #1853  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
@Lathe
Here we go again

Shouldn't that be breaking >> before or after

Apologies AmigaFuture but it bugs Lathe and his rabbit ears
HEY! Who do you think I am, Mr. Video...??!
Old 17th August 2019, 06:21   #1854  |  Link
tectpro

Hello,

Would it be possible to upgrade FRIM from 1.25 to 1.30 and include hardware (HW) acceleration if compatible hardware is available in the system?
Why I am asking is I did some testing and noticed that 1.30 can now finally use HW acceleration without any issues. (iGPU used Intel UHD 630).

Speed comparison for BD50 3D to BD25 3D:
FRIM 1.25 ca. 25 frames per second (Software De- and Encode) (Hardware decode causes an error)
FRIM 1.30 ca. 166 frames per second (Hardware De- and Encode)

Thank you.

Last edited by tectpro; 17th August 2019 at 07:24.
tectpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2019, 15:12   #1855  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Hw acceleration is already available through the hidden options switches, but yes the current version results in severe artifacts if used.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 20:34   #1856  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by tectpro View Post
Hello,

Would it be possible to upgrade FRIM from 1.25 to 1.30 and include hardware (HW) acceleration if compatible hardware is available in the system?
Why I am asking is I did some testing and noticed that 1.30 can now finally use HW acceleration without any issues. (iGPU used Intel UHD 630).

Speed comparison for BD50 3D to BD25 3D:
FRIM 1.25 ca. 25 frames per second (Software De- and Encode) (Hardware decode causes an error)
FRIM 1.30 ca. 166 frames per second (Hardware De- and Encode)

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Hw acceleration is already available through the hidden options switches, but yes the current version results in severe artifacts if used.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Can you two clarify something for me...

@Ch3vr0n , you mention artifacts with the "current version" is that FRIM 1.25? Or 1.30 that tectpro is asking about? The EXE's in my BD-RB folder are v 1.25 from 2015, so pretty old.

And I assume you mean FRIM_SW_DECODE=n and FRIM_SW_ENCODE=n where N=1 means use software, N=0 Auto detect...

@tectpro , How did you test the FPS? Did you just overlay the newer FRIM exec's and toggle on BD-RB's hidden options? Did you play back the resulting files? Were there any video artifacts, or abnormalities?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2019, 17:55   #1857  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Sorry for the delay. That's with the default bdrb included frim. I'll have to run a test using those updated versions
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2019, 01:37   #1858  |  Link
Lowpro

I'd like to see a few small changes to the Quick-Play feature.

The first thing I'd like to see is the character limit increased when naming a menu item. (Well, unless it's a limitation.) There's plenty of horizontal screen real estate to allow for this. I'm frequently having to shorten the naming of TV episode titles due to this limitation.

The second thing I'd like to see is a change to the button navigation with respects to the "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons. A couple Quick-Play examples provided below.

(I recently purchased the below on Blu-ray, the content being packaged on 4 BD25's. Using BD Rebuilder I dropped the content on 2 BD50's instead.)

DISC 1, PAGE 1:

DISC 1, PAGE 2:

DISC 2, PAGE 1:

DISC 2, PAGE 2:

DISC 2, PAGE 3:

When navigating down from last menu item on a given page the "PREV" button is highlighted. I'm then having to navigate to the right to highlight and select the "NEXT" button. When navigating up from the first menu item on a given page the "NEXT" button is highlighted. I'm then having to navigate to the left to highlight and select the "PREV" button. This implementation is counterintuitive. One would expect the opposite. When navigating down from the last menu item the "NEXT" button should be highlighted. When navigating up from the first menu item the "PREV" button should be highlighted.

(If it's possible using BDedit to implement this change myself I'd love to know how.)

Also, notice how the spacing between the last menu item and the "Page x", "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons is inconsistent from page to page. In many cases the "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons really start to crowd the last menu item and in some cases even overlap the last menu item to a small degree. You can't tell from the screenshots, but on "Disc 1, Page 1" and "Disc 2, Page 1" the last menu item and "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons are actually overlapping a little bit. When selecting "PREV" it cuts off the bottom part of the "(" within the last menu item and when selecting "NEXT" it cuts off the bottom part of the ")" within the last menu item. What I'd like to see is consistent spacing from page to page, the "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons not crowding the last menu item. Ideally I'd like to see the same spacing from the last menu item to the "Page x", "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons as you see from menu item to menu item, "Disc 2, Page 3" above being a good example.

And one "wish upon a star" item if I may which is not to be confused with the below option.

MENU_HORIZONTAL=n n = 0-1919 - Offset from left of 1080p screen for QP menu item selection area (16 items/page max)

I use the above option quite a bit as you can see from the Quick-Play examples provided above. When not used of course the Quick-Play menu item selection area is centered on the page. What I'd like to see is an option used in conjunction with "MENU_HORIZONTAL" that results in the menu item selection area being centered within the remaining page area. Something like the below perhaps.

MENU_HORIZONTAL_CENTER=1 n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - Used in conjunction with "MENU_HORIZONTAL", if set to "1", the QP menu item selection area is centered within the available remaining screen area.

The "MENU_HORIZONTAL" option in this scenario would be acting as an offset, i.e. MENU_HORIZONTAL=907 and MENU_HORIZONTAL_CENTER=1 would result in the QP menu item selection area being centered between 907 and 1919.

Last edited by Lowpro; 23rd September 2019 at 02:26.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2019, 23:27   #1859  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
The second thing I'd like to see is a change to the button navigation with respects to the "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons. When navigating down from last menu item on a given page the "PREV" button is highlighted. I'm then having to navigate to the right to highlight and select the "NEXT" button. When navigating up from the first menu item on a given page the "NEXT" button is highlighted. I'm then having to navigate to the left to highlight and select the "PREV" button. This implementation is counterintuitive. One would expect the opposite. When navigating down from the last menu item the "NEXT" button should be highlighted. When navigating up from the first menu item the "PREV" button should be highlighted. (If it's possible using BDedit to implement this change myself I'd love to know how.)
He shoots, he scores! I figured out how to implement the change described above using BDedit v0.39b today. Takes just a quick minute to do. Couldn't be simpler. Pretty sweet being able to update this myself as I far prefer the "NEXT" button being what's highlighted when navigating down from the last menu item and the "PREV" button being what's highlighted when navigating up from the first menu item, especially in cases where the Blu-ray menus exceed 2 pages.

Well, the fun didn't stop there. I decided to enhance the menu item and page navigation behaviour even further. Prior when selecting the "PREV" button the first menu item on the previous page was being highlighted. I changed it so the last menu item on the previous page is what's highlighted. I then decided to take the "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons out of the loop completely when navigating up and down. (Well, for menu pages with only one row of menu items.) I set the last menu item to wrap around to the first menu item and vice versa just as if it were a single page menu. I then set each menu item to go to "PREV" when navigating left and "NEXT" when navigating right. Too much fun! Took a video as I was testing the end result. For those so inclined, click here.

And I've since created a tutorial showing how this is done in BDedit. For those so inclined, click here

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd January 2022 at 12:37.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:45   #1860  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
(If it's possible using BDedit to implement this change myself I'd love to know how.)
Are you gonna tell us how you did it?