Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 7th December 2009, 02:25   #1801  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalLF View Post
i found something in the nvidia control panal that makes me think.... "Maximum pre-rendered frames" and the default value is "3"

i think i did read awhile ago about madvr uses "8" can madvr override the nvidia value or do i need to change it to 8?
well, you gave me some idea. I used to do all this for HR..but it never helped, forcing 16X AF would simply stutter like mad from time to time.

I've done this(on XP SP3):

and here are the realtime stats, dead smooth in 48Hz!

whatever set to 1 or 8, "memory used" remains the same(the card is a rebadged G92 based 8800GS/384MB)

seeking is slower w/ 16X AF forced, though.

Last edited by leeperry; 7th December 2009 at 03:47.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 10:44   #1802  |  Link
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
timestretching is terrible in Reclock, avoid at all costs...
Is this because of the audio quality degradation, leeperry? It is definitively a problem, but I'd happily sacrifice a -reasonable- amount of that, to get smooth video. I mean, ReClock saves my butt in this madVR 24Hz issue, and also in my older 50/60Hz-only display.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 12:48   #1803  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

well there's been a third party improved timestretching DLL released: Phase-Coherent Pitch Shifter for ReClock

but I once tried the stock DLL in 23.976@25, and it was really unbearable..5% faster movie, and completely screwed up SQ were major deal breakers for me.

Last edited by leeperry; 7th December 2009 at 13:20.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:14   #1804  |  Link
Weirdo

Thanks leeperry, I'll try that fix. So here's my madVR wishlist:

1. Stability with Cuda.
2. 24Hz tearing issue
3. DXVA with mpc-hc subtitle support (nice for ATI owners, since DVobSub breaks DXVA).
4. DVD-Video compatibility

Goes without saying, even if madVR stays at 0.11, it's an amazing piece of work.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:17   #1805  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
1. Stability with Cuda.
Why losing time only for nVidia users (I have a nVidia yet) ?

Quote:
2. 24Hz tearing issue
I think it's one of D3D feature

Quote:
3. DXVA with mpc-hc subtitle support (nice for ATI owners, since DVobSub breaks DXVA).
From what I've read, DXVA is not a priority.
And even if it's better than VobSub or ffdshow subtitles support, subtitle renderer from MPC is not well written (from tetsuo55 who is the "manager"). But as you can see in MPC changelog, something has been done in order to anticipate madVR support...

Quote:
4. DVD-Video compatibility
Outdated support. :P

IIRC, the first step was stability and I think it's indeed the priority.
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 20:15   #1806  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

yep, D3D exclusive mode would be really nice...it's in the works apparently.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:59   #1807  |  Link
noee

Not sure if this will help you guys with 24Hz tearing, but here is what I found:

I had been running XPSP3 with MPC-HC/madVR/Reclock with my secondary at 24Hz with great success (Lancos4 up/SoftCubic100), no tearing, just stellar performance. I then, just recently ?upgraded? to Win7 Ult x64 and I moved my ATI HD2600XT on to this new machine. I also upgraded to the CCC9.11. Started tearing really bad and I tried everything and nothing worked.

Then, I found out how to set the refresh to 23.976 with the ATI driver and I took ReClock out of the graph and, presto!, I have tearing-free playback, but I don't have WASAPI excl anymore.....
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 23:06   #1808  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

I'm not 100% sure as I've been messing w/ a lot of settings lately, KMP has only been supporting mVR for a couple of weeks now and I wasn't watching much movies lately tbh...anyway, I get DEAD smooth playback(w/ Reclock in 48.000Hz on my DLP pj/96.000Hz on my CRT) if I check "disable tearing fix" in mVR(that "fix" seems to be fighting against Reclock for VSYNC control, pretty obvious when seeking)...but then, from time to time I seem to be getting strange artifacts(some sort of small horizontal tearing, but not on the whole picture width).

They go away if I uncheck it, but then it's not nearly as smooth...hopefully a D3D exclusive mode would help? anyway, I still got a few settings up my sleeve to try

PS: Kazuya just confirmed the exact same thing in 50.000Hz on his PLV-Z4 pj w/ an HD3870(I have a GF9600)...a fix -if any possible- would be a god's send, and a most welcome xmas present !

Last edited by leeperry; 8th December 2009 at 01:09.
Old 8th December 2009, 18:19   #1809  |  Link
flanger216

Is anyone else successfully using Forceware 195.62 with madVR? I just recently upgraded from a Radeon 3600 to a Geforce GT220, and madVR locks up instantly whenever I load anything in MPC-HC. This occurs regardless of decoder used, and I've yet to find any settings in either MPC-HC or the nVidia control panel that affect the crashes. So I'm about to go back through all the Forceware versions to see if any work; does anyone have any reccomendations?
flanger216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 20:51   #1810  |  Link
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanger216 View Post
Is anyone else successfully using Forceware 195.62 with madVR? I just recently upgraded from a Radeon 3600 to a Geforce GT220, and madVR locks up instantly whenever I load anything in MPC-HC. This occurs regardless of decoder used, and I've yet to find any settings in either MPC-HC or the nVidia control panel that affect the crashes. So I'm about to go back through all the Forceware versions to see if any work; does anyone have any reccomendations?
I only have this problem with CUDA enabled, with the CoreAVC decoder (9600 GT).
Old 9th December 2009, 11:58   #1811  |  Link
ice25

Fixing the 24hz tearing bug would be nice, lots of people haven't been able to switch to madVR as their main renderer because of this annoyance.
ice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:08   #1812  |  Link
Peuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanger216 View Post
I have the same "locks up" problem with this driver.
I didn't have the problem with 182.xx drivers.
Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 18:58   #1813  |  Link
flanger216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuj View Post
I have the same "locks up" problem with this driver.
I didn't have the problem with 182.xx drivers.
Ah, thank you so much. Just saved me a ton of troubleshooting time.
flanger216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 03:05   #1814  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

humm, KMP and its built-in MKV splitter can play 90' movies w/o a glitch on XP+Reclock@48Hz...mVR is so smooth!

I've left "disable tearing fix" unchecked, but I've disabled "combined writing" in the windows display troubleshoot options(it's pointless nowadays anyway)...hope it's gonna last
Old 10th December 2009, 08:20   #1815  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

1. A multiple of 24fps works fine with Reclock. I use 96hz.

2. The only framerates are 23.976/24, 25, 29.97, 59.94. The only one that matters to me is 23.976, film on Bluray/HD-DVD/TS-Files. Those other ones you made up do not exist.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 08:48   #1816  |  Link
chuuey

i'm gonna have to try disabling that combined writing maybe 0.11 will work for me at some point, one thing i've noticed is that sometimes i launch mpc with refresh rate at 60 and video won't start, so i alt-tab to another app and it starts lol, 24hz tears really bad though with or without cuda 0.09 works ok though
chuuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 09:05   #1817  |  Link
Steveo08

[QUOTE=leeperry;1350291]well, you gave me some idea. I used to do all this for HR..but it never helped, forcing 16X AF would simply stutter like mad from time to time.

I've done this(on XP SP3):

are these settings really working during video playback?
Steveo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 11:11   #1818  |  Link
iSeries

Hi,

I've just updated to Windows 7 and I'm having trouble using MadVR with VC-1 (decoded with wmvideo decoder). The decoder is outputting NV12 instead of YV12 - is there a way of changing this?
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 12:01   #1819  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Oh really? Then how come I have numerous samples from COMMERCIAL DVDs of content in 18000/1001 and 40000/1001? Not to mention 30000/1001 and deinterlaced 60000/1001 content? Hey, I even have some 25 and 50 fps material as well! Believe it or not, outside of your little bubble, lots of content that isn't "film on Bluray/HD-DVD/TS-Files" exists. Probably more than is in your nice little bubble in fact. Besides, why did you decide to respond to a perfectly valid question with a personal attack, denialism, and "stfu"?

Can someone here who is not a blogger explain what happens when you use RECLOCK and your video framerate changes?

Because of the obnoxious way you framed the question.

But you are right, I missed 50fps, a simple omission. But I DID mention 29.97 and 59.94, can't you read?

I stand by my comments re the other rates, they do NOT exist. They are NOT standard video framerates.

As for a dynamic change, Reclock can drive a VBS script which can change the refresh rate to match.
The other way is to use Reclock's PAL speedDown function to convert any 25fps material to 24fps.

Hey...your post disappeared. Somebody else didn't like the way you framed the question either...
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 13:56   #1820  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo08 View Post
are these settings really working during video playback?
sure they are, forcing 16X AF makes seeking noticeably slower.

but as Haali said for HR, you're better off leaving it all default and let the VR do as it wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Can someone here who is not a blogger explain what happens when you use RECLOCK
well, it's called blog9.org for a reason

Last edited by leeperry; 10th December 2009 at 18:06.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling