Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd January 2018, 13:07   #1  |  Link
DavVador

UHD BD not detected by UHD friendly and official drives / Same problem as Xbox One S

Hello,

I just received my 2nd disc for "Independence Day" (FR) (EAN : 3344428062644) and i still got the same problem, the disc won't even be detected by my drives.
Neither MakeMkv, PowerDVD 17 or explorer can't read the disc or even see the disc itself.

I got 2 drives, an LG BH16NS55 1.02 (UHD friendly drive) and a Pioneer BDR-211 (official UHD drive) 1.02.
Both drives have latest firmware (at least latest before the loophole fix).

My discs come from Amazon and I hardly believe they sent me twice a defective disc.
The disc comes from a package with Independence Day Resurgence which is working fine from first and second package received.

A guy at MakeMkv forum seems to have the same problem with Lucy US disc (update: and Oblivion). He received a second copy and still same problem.

Is anyone having such issues with this disc or another one ?

Update : The problem seems to be the same as with Xbox One S

Source : https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread...E-829B7A54C9AC

Quote:
I've exchanged the Lucy disc twice now and tried 3 discs from 3 different stores, all fail to load.
Seems Lucy UHD disc fails on Xbox one aswell... and Oblivion seems to be a common fail too !

Quote:
ArcAngel81
I'm having an issue with the Independence Day 4K Bluray disc. It just won't load. I can only see the spinning circle in the Bluray app. I've tried the same disc in my Samsung K8500 4K Bluray player and it works flawlessly.
I feel less alone

Fantastic Beasts seems to also have the same problem.

As Xbox one and Windows are quite the same, i think it's normal to face the same problems.
Yet i don't know if this is a software issue or hardware (drive) issue as the discs seems to work on standalone UHD players (from what I've read on Xbox forums).

Solution found on Xbox forums : contact the studios and ask for a replacement
Quote:
The problem with Lucy and probably Oblivion was due to Universal pressing faulty 4k Bluray discs, I originally had the problem, I had to contact Universal customer support, and they replaced my faulty Lucy disc, and the one they sent back worked fine. If you own the titles, contact universal, and they'll replace your discs.
Quote:
I also received my replacement disc from Universal for "Lucy" yesterday and can confirm that works as well.
Odd because the original worked in other UHD players but Universal was aware of the issue and sent me a replacement and it wasn't a big hassle.
Anyhow I can report that both of these do work on the 1s and that a replacement directly from the studio is the way to go. If you return it to the store chances are their entire batch of discs have the issue that is causing this problem for the 1s
Update 2 :
In France, many discs (The Revenant, Dead Pool, Independence Day) from The 20th Century Fox seems to be not working, from Microsoft it concerns discs made in early 2016.
Solution is to contact the fox (europe) at : europecustomercare@fox.com
More infos here in french : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-1...xbox-one-s.htm
The will exchange the disc and send you a new one working.

Last edited by DavVador; 23rd January 2018 at 08:47.
DavVador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:26   #2  |  Link
hajj_3

I guess you would need a certified drive or a standalone uhd bluray player to know for certain whether the discs are at fault.
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 18:20   #3  |  Link
DavVador

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
I guess you would need a certified drive or a standalone uhd bluray player to know for certain whether the discs are at fault.
I don't have a standalone player for UHD for testing more, but my pioneer is supposed to be an official UHD drive for PC and sadly won't read it.

Last edited by DavVador; 22nd January 2018 at 18:26.
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:06   #4  |  Link
Relight

Do your drives work with any UHD discs? If they do, then it's possible the discs are at fault. If they don't, then it's possible the drives are at fault.
Relight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:13   #5  |  Link
DavVador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relight View Post
Do your drives work with any UHD discs? If they do, then it's possible the discs are at fault. If they don't, then it's possible the drives are at fault.
Yes, almost all my UHD discs are working, i only had problems with read faults on some Batman discs, but at least the discs were detected and visible in explorer or any software.
Here the disc isnt visible at all.
I asked a replacement at Amazon, they sent me a new pack (Independence Day 1 and 2), and here again the new disc of Independence Day 1 isnt working while Independence Day 2 as no problem at all on both packs.
Old 23rd January 2018, 00:09   #6  |  Link
DavVador

https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread...E-829B7A54C9AC

Quote:
I've exchanged the Lucy disc twice now and tried 3 discs from 3 different stores, all fail to load.
Seems Lucy UHD disc fails on Xbox one aswell... and Oblivion seems to be a common fail too !

Quote:
ArcAngel81
I'm having an issue with the Independence Day 4K Bluray disc. It just won't load. I can only see the spinning circle in the Bluray app. I've tried the same disc in my Samsung K8500 4K Bluray player and it works flawlessly.
I feel less alone

Fantastic Beasts seems to also have the same problem.

As Xbox one and Windows are quite the same, i think it's normal to face the same problems.
Yet i don't know if this is a software issue or hardware (drive) issue as the discs seems to work on standalone UHD players.

Solution : contact the studios and ask for a replacement
Quote:
The problem with Lucy and probably Oblivion was due to Universal pressing faulty 4k Bluray discs, I originally had the problem, I had to contact Universal customer support, and they replaced my faulty Lucy disc, and the one they sent back worked fine. If you own the titles, contact universal, and they'll replace your discs.
Quote:
I also received my replacement disc from Universal for "Lucy" yesterday and can confirm that works as well.
Odd because the original worked in other UHD players but Universal was aware of the issue and sent me a replacement and it wasn't a big hassle.
Anyhow I can report that both of these do work on the 1s and that a replacement directly from the studio is the way to go. If you return it to the store chances are their entire batch of discs have the issue that is causing this problem for the 1s

Last edited by DavVador; 23rd January 2018 at 00:28.
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:49   #7  |  Link
DavVador

Updated 1st post with more infos