Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th March 2010, 18:48   #11001  |  Link
onomatopellan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
Thanks there is no crash
Where can I download rev 3307?
You always can download the latest rev here. (thanks to xhmikosr)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...e79d7d0540e1e1
__________________
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 | Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (256Mb) | 4 GB DDR2 | Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64

Last edited by onomatopellan; 5th March 2010 at 18:52.
onomatopellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 18:53   #11002  |  Link
ikarad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by onomatopellan View Post
You always can download the latest rev here. (thanks to xhmikosr)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...e79d7d0540e1e1
I tried rev3307 and It crash anew with YUY2.
with rev 3306 there is no crash.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 18:57   #11003  |  Link
albain
Media Control author
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,014
Also the build that I posted hold the new ffmpeg libraries that are unstable, so that (probably) explains the crashes you get

Please test again with regular builds.

About ffmpeg libs : I'll try to digg this around but this is difficult as long as I can't debug them.
There may be conversion methods that I didn't import, or a few things that I missed during the merge.

If there are candidates to this, here is the last patch (works on both 32 & 64 bits) :
http://damienbt.free.fr/ffdshow_ffmp..._update2.patch
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 19:04   #11004  |  Link
ikarad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 527
With rev3306 it works well withtout any crash (edit: I had one crash with rev3306) but there are some problems with subtitles in the sample that i give you before.

1) some subs aren't displayed.
for example this sub is not displayed
148
00:10:09,692 --> 00:10:13,445
such speed, for such a large mass,
is quite unusual.

other example: between 10min34s and 10min 40 there is voice and no subtitle

2) Some subtitles appear with a time delay after the voice.

example, this subtitle appears with 1-2 seconds later
124
00:08:27,381 --> 00:08:28,590
Passing through the scorching sunshine
Storyvoards and Settings vy: Shinji Higuchi

3) some subtitles disappeared with a time delay
1
00:00:09,050 --> 00:00:12,720
'"2015 A.D. Perseus Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
(12,000 arsecs from Earth)'"

this sub must disappear at 12 seconds and in movie it disappears at 14 seconds.

I give you subtitle file extracted from bluray with suprip (there isn't all subs because ocr with suprip is not perfect)
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7305...92066e73874fde

sup file
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7335...498463343cacfe

file containing image of all subs (extracted with suprip)
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7335...63561bdd298763

example
part 1
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7219...12ca4e70f4959e
part2
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7222...cb0c45e37239c1
part3
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7222...fa215e89fcfdf2

part 4
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7287...1fac7d6620cda5

part 5
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7289...835142beff854c
part 6
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7290...3fe6974fb1237c

partie 7
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7215...a94c0fc61987f5

Last edited by ikarad; 5th March 2010 at 19:18.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 20:24   #11005  |  Link
tal.aloni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 496
albain,
v2 of the patch does not include the new files, only the modifications.

the build you posted based on v2 works well for me.
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 20:30   #11006  |  Link
JarrettH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
What should I do to confirm dxva is working in ffdshow? I've ticked off h264 in the dxva dialogue so far and am using ffmpeg-mt for the h264 decoder. Does a new tray icon for dxva video appear? Does it only work with EVR?

Running Windows 7, 7600 GT, ffdshow rev 3305, 196.21 drivers
???
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 21:10   #11007  |  Link
albain
Media Control author
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tal.aloni View Post
albain,
v2 of the patch does not include the new files, only the modifications.

the build you posted based on v2 works well for me.
Sorry, here is the new link
http://damienbt.free.fr/ffdshow_ffmp..._update3.patch

and thanks for looking at it

And me too, I can't reproduce the crashes. Maybe I wronly compiled it...

Last edited by albain; 5th March 2010 at 21:13.
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 21:20   #11008  |  Link
onomatopellan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
???
You should see this when dxva ffdshow is working. And yes, it only works with EVR in Vista/7
__________________
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 | Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (256Mb) | 4 GB DDR2 | Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
onomatopellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 21:47   #11009  |  Link
onomatopellan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
I have discovered with reliability monitor the reason of my crash with rev 3307. The fail module is libmplayer.dll

With output NV12 or YUY2 If Smoothing method for Bluray subs is "swscaler gaussian" then mpc-hc crash. If I select 'None','aproximate' or 'full' then it works. Output color (except rgb32) is still not good, color in rgb32 is good but it has some pixels on the top of the sub. example:
RGB32 output


YUY2 output


NV12 output (DXVA)
__________________
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 | Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (256Mb) | 4 GB DDR2 | Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64

Last edited by onomatopellan; 5th March 2010 at 22:45.
onomatopellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 22:52   #11010  |  Link
tal.aloni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by onomatopellan View Post
I have discovered with reliability monitor the reason of my crash with rev 3307. The fail module is libmplayer.dll
this is solved with albain v3 patch, IMO, it's stable enough to commit, this is the right direction.
(STaRGaZeR, could not recreate any of your crashes with my v3 build: http://iknowu.net/files/public/ffdsh...00305_dbt_.exe )

Quote:
Originally Posted by onomatopellan View Post
Output color (except rgb32) is still not good, color in rgb32 is good but it has some pixels on the top of the sub.
it's actually a complete single line, probably a tiny bug, it doesn't affect stability.
some colorspace conversion makes it break into several lines.

Last edited by tal.aloni; 5th March 2010 at 23:18.
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 23:25   #11011  |  Link
onomatopellan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Thanks tal.aloni. Indeed my crash disappeared with your v3 build.
__________________
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 | Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (256Mb) | 4 GB DDR2 | Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
onomatopellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 00:13   #11012  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tal.aloni View Post
this is solved with albain v3 patch, IMO, it's stable enough to commit, this is the right direction.
(STaRGaZeR, could not recreate any of your crashes with my v3 build: http://iknowu.net/files/public/ffdsh...00305_dbt_.exe )
Weird, there must be something in my config that it's making it crash because a fresh installation of that build works fine. I'll try to find what's happening.

EDIT: Found it. When using default settings everything is OK. However, try to select Lanczos as the resizer and then change the number of taps. It'll crash on you with the libav error. Luma and chroma sharpen sliders don't work either. Actually "luma gaussian blur" is doing everything except blurring, I think that's actually the effect of luma sharpening. Are you sure these sliders work as they should after the patch?
__________________
Specs, GTX970 - PLS 1440p@96Hz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manao View Post
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 6th March 2010 at 00:26.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 00:37   #11013  |  Link
albain
Media Control author
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Weird, there must be something in my config that it's making it crash because a fresh installation of that build works fine. I'll try to find what's happening.

EDIT: Found it. When using default settings everything is OK. However, try to select Lanczos as the resizer and then change the number of taps. It'll crash on you with the libav error. Luma and chroma sharpen sliders don't work either. Actually "luma gaussian blur" is doing everything except blurring, I think that's actually the effect of luma sharpening. Are you sure these sliders work as they should after the patch?
You're right, I reproduce the crash.

The sliders should work and bring visible results

I'll have a look....after some sleeping
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 01:29   #11014  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,307
Cool!

Have you guys seen that ffmpeg now decodes Bink video?

EDIT: clsid, with the lastest mingw64 (20100305) libavcodec vorbis works in x64.
__________________
Specs, GTX970 - PLS 1440p@96Hz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manao View Post
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 6th March 2010 at 03:09.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 04:16   #11015  |  Link
DigitalDeviant
Registered User
 
DigitalDeviant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 267
OK I tested the subtitle changes with 3307.

Blu-ray:
Still an issue with multiple subtitles

Sample

DVD:
Subtitles are discolored.

Good


Bad
__________________
"Do everything by hand, even when using the computer." - Hayao Miyazaki
DigitalDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 07:02   #11016  |  Link
dann23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Cool!

Have you guys seen that ffmpeg now decodes Bink video?

EDIT: clsid, with the lastest mingw64 (20100305) libavcodec vorbis works in x64.
how to use ffdshow to decode bink video?
dann23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 09:54   #11017  |  Link
albain
Media Control author
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,014
It crashes because of this :
swScaler: Exactly one scaler algorithm must be chosen

As a result the context is NULL. I am working on it
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 10:27   #11018  |  Link
ikarad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 527
There is the same problem with rev 3307 with patch v3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
With rev3306 it works well withtout any crash (edit: I had one crash with rev3306) but there are some problems with subtitles in the sample that i give you before.

1) some subs aren't displayed.
for example this sub is not displayed
148
00:10:09,692 --> 00:10:13,445
such speed, for such a large mass,
is quite unusual.

other example: between 10min34s and 10min 40 there is voice and no subtitle

2) Some subtitles appear with a time delay after the voice.

example, this subtitle appears with 1-2 seconds later
124
00:08:27,381 --> 00:08:28,590
Passing through the scorching sunshine
Storyvoards and Settings vy: Shinji Higuchi

3) some subtitles disappeared with a time delay
1
00:00:09,050 --> 00:00:12,720
'"2015 A.D. Perseus Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
(12,000 arsecs from Earth)'"

this sub must disappear at 12 seconds and in movie it disappears at 14 seconds.

I give you subtitle file extracted from bluray with suprip (there isn't all subs because ocr with suprip is not perfect)
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7305...92066e73874fde

sup file
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7335...498463343cacfe

file containing image of all subs (extracted with suprip)
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7335...63561bdd298763

example
part 1
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7219...12ca4e70f4959e
part2
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7222...cb0c45e37239c1
part3
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7222...fa215e89fcfdf2

part 4
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7287...1fac7d6620cda5

part 5
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7289...835142beff854c
part 6
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7290...3fe6974fb1237c

partie 7
http://www.zshare.net/info.html?7215...a94c0fc61987f5
There is the same problem with rev 3307 with patch v3.

Last edited by ikarad; 6th March 2010 at 10:30.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 10:41   #11019  |  Link
albain
Media Control author
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,014
I think this is fixed. Please tell me if the filters are working

New build


Patch v4
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 11:32   #11020  |  Link
dann23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 89
I see now that ffmpeg supports bink and indeo 5 formats. Will ffdshow support this?
dann23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.