Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 6th April 2006, 04:19   #361  |  Link
thuongshoo

Megui convert file by x264.exe and Avisynth . It is good .I have a mpeg-2 which can't be transcoded by Virtualdub but Megui can do well . I'm very surprise .
Averly Lee says that Using a large buffer make VD encode while it waits for disk I/O .
Oh ! all thing is theory . If increasing AVI buffer and pipeline , processing speed will increase . Have you try to do this with VD ?
VD uses x264vfw.dll while Megui uses x264.exe
Maybe we can't do this in MEgui because it use Avisynth . I guess that . I don't dare say because I'm a pro programmer

Last edited by thuongshoo; 6th April 2006 at 04:23.
Old 6th April 2006, 07:54   #362  |  Link
denise

difference setting between x264 MeGUI and x264vfw VD ---> difference speed.

Use MP4 box -aviraw video to extract raw h264 from .avi that made by VD . Mux new .264 and .aac in to .mp4 as you desire.
Old 6th April 2006, 08:22   #363  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Heavy pipelining is only useful for huge disk operations, on the order of tens of megabytes read and written a second. Capture and direct stream processing fall into this, heavy final encoding does not. x264 already uses asynch i/o afaik, which provides a big boost, and pipelining doesn't gain much over that.

He discusses it in this entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaeron
If your render operation is projected to take 14 hours and its speed is better measured in SPF than FPS, just leave the buffering settings alone. Tweaking them isn't likely to speed anything up.
Old 6th April 2006, 12:49   #364  |  Link
thuongshoo

Quote:
wrote by thuongshoo
because I'm a pro programmer
oh ! shock ! shock ! I'm sorry
because I'm not pro programmer

To denise : thank you ! I will try
To foxyshadis : I will read it .My english is n ot good so I need time to understand it .

Last edited by thuongshoo; 6th April 2006 at 12:57.
Old 6th April 2006, 13:33   #365  |  Link
Kayaker

I'd love to have vorbis sound suppont in MeGUI.

Until you resolve the avisynth sound support for Vorbis would it possible to add at least muxing of Vorbis sound with mkvmege ?

Cos mkverge is perfectly capable of doing so.

Thanks a lot for the BEST encoding GUI.
Old 8th April 2006, 02:54   #366  |  Link
Bathrone
Curious Beta Tester

Just a useability suggestion on the UI - buttons could be made inactive until they can be actually used. e.g. Not having the job tab start button enabled until a job exists in the que.

Thanks to all involved in MeGUI, a great app that Im sure is setting the stage for our AVC future.
Old 8th April 2006, 03:46   #367  |  Link
Kostarum Rex Persia
Banned

Hi guys, I have one reasonable suggestion for future MeGUI builds?

Instead supporting ONLY AVS input, devs should introduce direct work with AVI. MPG and other video files, without need for AVS script.

That's because most people doesn't need filters in AviSynth, so direct work with MPG and AVI files would be nice.

Any good thoughs, devs. I don't need AviSynth scripts very often, I just want to encode in MP4 or MKV container directly, without AVS scripts.
Old 9th April 2006, 22:20   #368  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Quote:
I don't need AviSynth scripts very often, I just want to encode in MP4 or MKV container directly, without AVS scripts.
I agree this would be nice. Most of the time I don't NEED scripts but have to make them anyway.
Old 9th April 2006, 23:06   #369  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

It does have a meinimize to tray already.

View --> minmize to tray
Old 10th April 2006, 00:49   #370  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

There's nothing nice about his request, all that needs to change is the drag-drop (and file open) handlers need to be extended to accept and handle directshow types (mkv, mp4, mov, wmv, etc). And, possibly, avisynth input renamed to video input, except then we'd get the exact opposite requests from people asking for an avisynth input.
Old 10th April 2006, 01:02   #371  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Not to mention demultiplexing issues, Remuxing control, container capabilites(in temrs of handling audio and video streams).

There is a whole lot to consider if Megui were to start accepting all types of files.
Old 10th April 2006, 01:12   #372  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Quote:
It does have a meinimize to tray already.

View --> minmize to tray
My bad...never seen it under 'view'
Old 10th April 2006, 01:18   #373  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Well, the video just gets sent to a directshowsource call, so if that fails you just pop up a dialog saying "No system splitter or decoder available for this format! Please install [haali's and ffdshow|realplayer|WMP codecs]."

If you get beyond that into multiple streams, subtitles, chapters, etc, you're in for a world of pain for not much gain. ;_;
Old 10th April 2006, 13:10   #374  |  Link
berrinam

Ok, done! You can now open any video source that works with DirectShowSource in a number of ways:
  1. Go to the AviSynth script creator and open it there
  2. Drag it onto MeGUI, which will open it in the AviSynth script creator
  3. Use File->Open, which will also open it in the AviSynth script creator

At the moment, the only supported filetypes for DirectShow are *.avi, *.mp4, *.mkv, and *.rmvb. Everything else is accessible through the 'All files' filter. If someone wants to givve a me a better list of file extensions for DSS-loadable files, please go ahead.
Old 10th April 2006, 17:54   #375  |  Link
Kostarum Rex Persia
Banned

Yuo don't inderstand my point berrinam. We, common users, want to open video files directly, without AVS interfering. I hate to make AVS script every time.
Old 10th April 2006, 18:09   #376  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostarum Rex Persia
Yuo don't inderstand my point berrinam. We, common users, want to open video files directly, without AVS interfering. I hate to make AVS script every time.
your an idiot. do you have any idea how much would be required to build a directshow decoder directly into megui??? Seriously man....it's best to do your decoding through avisynth. it allows us to deal with things better as the framework is already finished.
Old 10th April 2006, 18:20   #377  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross
your an idiot. do you have any idea how much would be required to build a directshow decoder directly into megui??? Seriously man....it's best to do your decoding through avisynth. it allows us to deal with things better as the framework is already finished.
maybe we can create AVS script impicitly without showing any avs-creation GUI
Old 10th April 2006, 19:09   #378  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

true. but I think what KRP is asking for is basically virtualdub. Where the video file is handled implicitly where the end of encoding all the stuff is done already.

That would mean that megui would have to be able to differentiate between all tracks(video, audio, subs) Their given track names and other info be able to wrap that in avisynth with no user input, and then figure out how to keep them into the next container with the same attribs.

Considering all the things that can go wrong in this process(audio compatibility, video changes and whatnot) there would have to be a substantial amount of time put in to get every possible situation and prereq for each container both input and output.
Old 10th April 2006, 19:47   #379  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

@berrinam cheers for clear log button,
just noticed the resize disable nice touch - but maybe a idea to turn on resize automaticly if crop is used and its not a mod of 8/16(not remember which)

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
Old 10th April 2006, 20:15   #380  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
maybe we can create AVS script impicitly without showing any avs-creation GUI
For example something like AutoGK
Closed Thread