Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 10th September 2017, 05:34   #21  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrabs View Post
At a glance I can tell you none of those resolutions are correct. The spikes should be very close to zero. I would probably make 3 batch files for convenience, one bilinear, and two bicubic; one with -b 0.0 -c 1.0, and one set to defaults.

Anyway I can't say much since I have really nothing to go on, but if it's old it's probably bilinear or some awful irreversible thing, and might have a 1.5 aspect ratio (720x480)

The white part of the mask is from the absolute value of the error of debicubic(w,h).bicubic(1920,1080) and the input
It was scanned from film, so it should be somewhere close to 1080p. And I'm confuse with the graph, here're two graphs on the same frame, same setting, but different tested resolutions

The first one shows the spike closing on zero, but the bottom one shows that the spike has a long way reaching zero because of the bigger graph, how do we judge this?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 09:29   #22  |  Link
kgrabs

the y axis is what's different, there. the error graph is exactly the same. i wouldn't bother with inverse scaling if its that close to 1080p anyway
kgrabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, debicubic, debilinear, upscaling