Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 30th July 2012, 08:07   #1  |  Link
div007

4 Audio language in Feature Title and 1 audio in Special Feature

Dear All,

Subject: -- 4 Audio language in Feature Title and 1 audio in Special Feature.

Hello,

I am new to this forum need help for HDMV & BD-J Authoring,
Doing Basic BDMV Authoring. This forum has helped me a lot for solving my Issues related with authoring . (Thanks a lot “rik1138, mp3dom, srfscenar, you guys are amazing)

I have 4 different languages in Feature Title (e.g. English, Spanish, French, German) & one Audio (e.g. English) in Special Feature. My default language is English in Feature Title.

Changing Audio from IG or display Remote option, e.g. changing to French audio, once enter to Special Feature which has one English audio, once played goes back to feature title goes to default audio “English” where it should be “French”.

I have tried with PSR value shifting in GPR at the end the Feature Title & In the beginning of the special feature of the Movie Object but didn’t worked.

Bit confuse if the Primary audio PSR2 value is shifted GPR ID 2, how to execute the value back in PSR2 once my Feature & Special Feature is played.

My query is I need the same audio language should be displayed once the special feature is played after selecting the audio from IG or remote audio option. Please help me which command to execute to back the current PSR2 value.
div007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 10:48   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

You need to backup your audio value of Feature title prior of leaving to special feature. For example... you're in Feature title, when changing to special extra you save your audio value in a GPR and then play special extra. When you leave the special extra, you restore the audio with the value in the GPR.
Is the special feature the same video as the main feature? In that case, maybe it's better if you do 2 playlists. One for main feature with all the 4 audios, the other for special extra with only the single audio (commentary?). Then you can manage the special extra exactly as any other extra you have. This also avoid that inside the special extra one can select a standard audio (and vice versa, inside the feature you can't choose the special audio)
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 14:26   #3  |  Link
div007

Thanks mp3 doom,

First of all I have Feature Title & Special Feature as 2 different video, so I have not made different playlist, I have inserted popup IG in special feature. The navigation is from Feature to Special Feature & vice a versa from Special feature to Feature & Top Menu, in that my audio should highlight the selected audio on my IG as well display the current audio.

I have tried with other method Inserting default duplicate audio in special feature which increase the size of project.

Example: -
Feature Audio English, Spanish, French, German / Special Feature as English, English, English English (4 times)

Duplicating the number of audio in special feature my projects works fine but project size get increased, even when playing special feature the audio option shows 4 times the same English languages option in chronological order.

But I don’t want to increase the size of my project, so I have used single track in Special feature.

I have applied the primary audio PSR2 value in GPR ID2,

Move(GPR)Feature_Audio[ID:2] (PSR)Primary Audio[ID:2]
Move(GPR)Stored_Feature_Audio[ID:200] (GPR) Feature_Audio[ID:2]

The above command I have used from feature Title when calling to Spl feature option, as it play Spl feature the PSR value of the audio get changed to audio track 1 and coming back to Feature, my default is Audio Track 1 i.e is English.

I am not able to manipulate to restore the (GPR)Stored_Feature_Audio[ID:200] value in PSR primary audio. Please guide me at this particular area.
Old 30th July 2012, 20:40   #4  |  Link
mp3dom

I assume that your TopMenu contains the same amount of audio/subtitles as the feature movie (so at least 4 audios). This is VERY important and it's the common way to manage the audio backup.
An answer to your problem depends by the complexity of your authoring (if you intend to support resume, if you want to directly jump from special feature to main feature via IG and so on).

A VERY basic approach (just to easily understand) can be
In the MO of your special feature:

Move in GPR[ID:2] the value of PSR[ID:2] <- Audio backup from main Feature/TopMenu prior of playback of the special feature
PlayPL Special_Feature
Set Audio to GPR[ID:2] <-restore the audio of the main Feature
JumpTitle TopMenu

You probably need to use another GPR to store 'where' you are in a particular moment. For example if you came from an extra or from the main Feature (to know when you need to restore the audio). This can be useful also because a user can press "TopMenu" on the remote, so you need to also 'verify' that case in your MO of the TopMenu

Last edited by mp3dom; 30th July 2012 at 20:43.
Old 31st July 2012, 08:02   #5  |  Link
div007

Thanks Mp3dom,

Yes, you are absolutely right that I have used 4 audio in Top Menu as same in the feature, in the special feature only 1 audio,

Tired your method before leaving the feature or Top Menu to Special Feature??

Move(GPR)Feature_Audio[ID:2] (PSR)Primary Audio[ID:2]
Move(GPR)Stored_Feature_Audio[ID:200] (GPR) Feature_Audio[ID:2]

But once leaving Special Feature, not able to restored the value of (GPR)Stored_Feature_Audio in to (PSR)Primary Audio[ID:2] again to play back mine selected Feature audio, i.e is the reason it is going on Feature audio track 1 i.e english.

Still running around the bush!!!!!!!, please guide me.
Old 31st July 2012, 08:32   #6  |  Link
mp3dom

You need to put it in the MovieObject of your special feature. Basically you don't need to use 2 GPRs for audio. The important thing is to have in the register the 'latest audio' of your main feature when you're leaving the main feature. Special features and all the other extras can change audio/overwrite the selection as long as you have the right value in the GPR (that you need to re-set when the extra content is finished).
Another kind of approach (a bit more complex):

GPR1-> AudioNumber register
GPR9-> Where you are (1: from main feature, 2: from an extra)

In the MovieObject of your TopMenu:
If GPR9<2 Goto <norestore>
' here we comes from extra, restore the audio of the main feature
SetStream Audio:No=GPR1
:<norestore>
PlayPL TopMenu
Goto <norestore>

In the MovieObject of your main Feature
Move GPR9,1
PlayPL Feature
JumpTitle TopMenu

In the MovieObject of your special feature
Move GPR9,2
Move GPR1,PSR1 <-backup audio of main feature
PlayPL SpecialFeature
JumpTitle TopMenu
Old 1st August 2012, 05:28   #7  |  Link
div007

Thanks Mp3dom,

Still Trying!!!!!

I have tried the option but while navigating the audio option from Top/Pop IG’s, showing Audio highlight option fine for selected audio on both IG's.

But at backend playing default audio English i.e. Track 1, once it is coming back from Special Feature.
Old 1st August 2012, 07:39   #8  |  Link
mp3dom

The script I've posted is quite basic. You need to adapt it based on your needs. However, the script shows a way of backup/restore audio between titles. You almost have all the syntax. For something more complex, it's only a matter of adding more checks on your IGs or MOs.
Old 8th August 2012, 10:21   #9  |  Link
div007

Dear MP3DOM/ALL,

Hello, Good News, Thanks a lot.

Yes, the logic works as recommended above.

Have come to an extent, where I am able to get selected audio of Feature, after completion from special feature. The commands are given below.

Feature Movie object:

Move(GPR)Feature_Audio[ID:207] (GPR)BONUS_TRACK[ID:1]
Set Audio Stream(GPR) Feature_Audio[ID:207]

Special Feature Movie Object:

Move(GPR)Feature_Audio[ID:1] (PSR)Primary Audio[ID:1]
Move(GPR)BONUS_TRACK[ID:207] (GPR) Feature_Audio [ID:1]
PLAYPL_SPECIAL FEATURE
Call Title Feature [ID:02]

The above commands works fine once I select the required audio from Feature and playback special feature with single track (default English audio) but start from the beginning of the movie.

The Issue is, if resume command are added for Titles Resume between Feature & Special Feature (given below is the commands), the feature Title get resume after playback of Spl Feature but audio is by default English in Feature.

Move(GPR)Feature_Audio[ID:1] (PSR)Primary Audio[ID:1]
Move(GPR)BONUS_TRACK[ID:207] (GPR) Feature_Audio [ID:1]
PLAYPL_SPECIAL FEATURE
if((GPR)Resume!=0) Resume
if((GPR)Title=1) Call Top Menu

Call Title Feature [ID:02]

Need Resume should work with my initial selected audio from Feature.

Please experts need your help, please guide me.

Last edited by div007; 8th August 2012 at 10:25.
Old 9th August 2012, 01:59   #10  |  Link
rik1138

Just add a line before the Resume line that re-sets your audio/subtitles if Resume != 0

That should work...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 08:09   #11  |  Link
div007

Thank you So Much,

Yes it Work,

Line before the Resume & re-sets audio/subtitles, given below is the command.

Set Audio Stream(GPR) Feature_Audio[ID:207]
Thanks

Last edited by div007; 9th August 2012 at 09:45.
Old 9th August 2012, 11:12   #12  |  Link
div007

Dear All,

Pumping up my topic again,

Feature & Special Feature Title Resume & Audio Selection is resolved for Titles.

But Top Menu has 4 audio as same as Feature,

Kept only single track for Top Menu loop.

Applied same logic as special Feature Title for Top Menu but it didn’t work

Finding out way to solve it but, no hint.

Please guide me.
Old 9th August 2012, 20:04   #13  |  Link
rik1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by div007 View Post
Dear All,
But Top Menu has 4 audio as same as Feature,

Kept only single track for Top Menu loop.
I'm not understanding this... Do you have two separate titles for menus? The only Main Menu should be the Top Menu title... If it needs to loop, you should program loop points into it...

But, if it's not done this way, it will still work. But _EVERY_ menu title needs to have the same number of audio/subtitle streams as your feature.

If your menus jump to different titles for Scene selections, Specifal Features, etc, these ALL need to have the same number of audio/sub streams as your feature.

Blu-ray doesn't know these are 'menus', they are just video to the blu-ray player, and their audio/sub settings will become the current setting (thus switching your audio back to stream 1 if you only have one audio stream).
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 04:37   #14  |  Link
div007

Dear Rik,

Thanking You.

It means in Top Menu (i.e. I m calling as Main Menu) with loop which has Top Menu IG should have same number of audio/Sub track like Feature.

Attached is the jpeg file for notice.

Mine Scene Selection and Special Feature Selection has navigation for respective chapter and Special Feature Titles from both (Top & Pop menu IG).

In that case my project is working fine as my Top menu contain 4 audio track same as Feature.

In Top Menu I have duplicate the first audio track for rest 3 Track.

*****Mine doubt was if the audio track is removed from Top Menu with only 1 single Track, Feature contain 4 track & Special Feature contain 1 Audio Track, the logic works for Feature & Special Feature.

Can that same logic works for Top Menu with single Track.

Please guide me.
Attached Images

Old 12th August 2012, 12:53   #15  |  Link
mp3dom

No, it can't work, because you need to add additional checks if you want to have TopMenu with only one track. On DVDs, the menu stays in VMG in its area so a dvd have PGCs recognized as "menu". On BDs this kind of difference doesn't exists. Every MO can act as menu. The complexity in case of 1 audio track only on TopMenu is going very high, and very easy to do errors or have problems. The fact that all the commercial BDs out there keeps the number of audio tracks in TopMenu the same as the feature should tell you something. If you want only one track, you need to have a GPR with an ALWAYS up to date value of the feature. The problems anyway comes when you use the resume feature. For example:
- You are in the feature with audio track #3
- Call the TopMenu, putting in the GPR the value of audio=3.
- Change the audio (from TopMenu) to audio #2 (changing the audio here is useless as the TopMenu have only one audio, so you just update the GPR to audio=2)
- If you start the feature from beginning this can work (at the beginning of the Feature MO you set the audio=GPR), but with a resume this will never work, as the resume doesn't allow you to put additional commands, so the feature will resume with audio #1 (the only audio available on TopMenu)

I strongly suggest to have the TopMenu with the same number of audio as the feature. If you need to preserve space, encode the audio as lossy ac3 2ch 192/224 kbps
Old 13th August 2012, 07:49   #16  |  Link
div007

Dear Mp3 Dom/All,

Thank you,

Ok Great, the Top menu audio track should be as same as Feature audio; in that case mine audio functionality will work,

But what about the subtitles??????

I have single subtitle in feature, it seems that I have to insert a dummy subs in Top Menu & Special feature.

Please experts guide me, will be glad for your reply.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:28   #17  |  Link
div007

Dear All,

Let me elaborate my above point with examples.

Resetting audio in Special Feature (SF) with command given below makes a huge difference & we get the playback of selected audio on feature after resuming SF.

*** Set Audio Stream(GPR) Feature_Audio[ID:207]***

But what about subtitles???

Subs working fine for Top Menu & Feature Titles with Remote option as well as both IG (Top & POP)

But entering in to Enemy Territory (Special Feature without Subtitle), resuming back Feature shows "OFF" state.

Even from Top Menu selected Subs as “On” state hitting Warning Titles without audio & Subs (Have Different warning slates related to audio), Linking Features Titles shows subs as "OFF" State, but mine current selected Audio works fine.

Removing Warning slates Titles, tried with Top Menu & Only Features Titles, the subs work fine with Remote Option as well as with IG Option (TOP & POP IG’s).

I have tried with resetting the subtitle with command below, but the command didn’t work for Special feature. Means when subs are "ON" State in Features, selecting Special Feature resuming back to Feature and Subs are "OFF" State, the below subtitle command is not resetting the subs.

*** Set PG_textST:Stream(GPR) Feature_PG [DISOff]***

Please experts middle of the project tried my level best but no hint, please guide me.
Attached Images

Last edited by div007; 13th August 2012 at 14:03.
Old 13th August 2012, 14:20   #18  |  Link
mp3dom

For the subtitles you need to do the same (TopMenu have same number of audio AND subtitles as the feature). Just use a dummy subtitle.
Regarding the resume from special feature to feature, it works in the same way as the audio. Prior of the "Resume" command, you re-set your audio and subtitles. Subtitles works in a different way than audio. While with audio you need just a single command (Set Audio=x), with subtitles you need to set at least the display flag. This means that you need to track not only the subtitle number (if you have more than one stream) but also the fact that it is displayed or not. You can set subtitle to stream 1 BUT choose to not display it (Disp:Off). Since you have only one subtitle, you need to track down the display flag.
Your command:
*** Set PG_textST:Stream(GPR) Feature_PG [DISOff]***

doesn't display subs because you have set the DispFlag to OFF. You need to put an additional check here.. if previously your subs were on, you need to put Disp:ON, else Disp:OFF.

Regarding your Warning with no audio and no subs, you can made it to work if prior to leaving the warning (as a "post" command", just before jumps to the feature) you re-set your audio/subs. This should work but some players can act differently. I suggest to put even in the warning 4 mute audio and 1 subtitle stream to be on the safe side.
Old 14th August 2012, 11:51   #19  |  Link
div007

Dear Mp3/Rik/All,

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much,

Thanks for giving a hint, the logic really works.

I have used dummy audio & subs in Top Menu, but avoided to use any audio/subs & reset the audio/subs in Warning & SF with command given above.

The project programming was complex but applied certain audio/sub checks & the project works fine with selected State of audio/subs.

Thanking you once again, Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
Old 14th January 2015, 19:05   #20  |  Link
dvdboy

Apologies for bringing back such an old topic, but I'm having a problem using this type of authoring.

Here is the code on my Bonus Feature Movie Object:

As you can see, I'm

- Storing the Audio
- Storing the Subtitle and then calculating where subs are on or off (just a single subs stream)
- Play the Playlist
- Reset the Audio and Subs
- If Resume = 0, that means you've come from the Top Menu, so do some different logic
- Otherwise, set a value, then resumes into the feature.

This all seems to work fine, I can access the extra via the pop-up and if I play through the end of the item, it resumes into the main feature with the correct audio and subs streams.

This is my pop-up code for the bonus video - just a 'dummy' pop-up to play over the extra.

This doesn't work. Whenever I press pop-up in the extra, it resets the audio to Stream 1, when it should stick to stream 2.

Here is the trace from Scenarist QC:

Here is playing the playlist:

Code:
Playback: Starting Title 04 of 23
NaviCmd: Branch Command, Operator: Nop
GPR: GPR 1 set to 0x000002
NaviCmd: Set Command, Operator: Move
Operands:
1) 2 (GPR 1)
2) 2 (PSR 1)
GPR: GPR 14 set to 0x8FFF0001
Operands:
1) 268369921 (GPR 14)
2) -1879113727 (PSR 2)
NaviCmd: Compare Command, Operator: GT
Operands:
1) -1879113727 (GPR 14)
2) -2147483648 (Immediate)
NaviCmd: Branch Command, Operator: GoTo
Operands:
1) 9 (Immediate)
GPR: GPR 2 set to 0x000001
Operands:
1) 1 (GPR 2)
2) 1 (Immediate)
PSR: PlayList ID (PSR 6) changed to 0x000008
Playback: Starting Playlist 008
Stream: Primary Video: Video 1: MPEG-4 AVC, 720p, 23.97 fps, 16:9, No CC
ISRC: ---
PSR: Primary Audio (PSR 1) changed to 0x000001
Stream: Primary Audio: Audio 1: ENG, LPCM, Stereo, 48 KHz, Unknown channels
Stream: PG or TextST: None
Playback: Starting Play Item 000
And here is initiating the Bonus Video pop-up:

Code:
UserOp: Popup Menu Request
PSR: Page ID (PSR 11) changed to 0x000000
Playback: Popup Menu Page 0 Displayed
NaviCmd: Compare Command, Operator: EQ
Operands:
1) 1 (GPR 2)
2) 0 (Immediate)
NaviCmd: Set Command, Operator: Set Stream
Operands:
1) Set Audio Stream to 2 (GPR 1)
2) Set PG or Text Subtitle Stream to 2 (Immediate), turn display ON
NaviCmd: Branch Command, Operator: GoTo
Operands:
1) 7 (Immediate)
NaviCmd: Compare Command, Operator: EQ
Operands:
1) 1 (GPR 1138)
2) 0 (Immediate)
GPR: GPR 4 set to 0x000001
Operands:
1) 0 (GPR 4)
2) 1 (Immediate)
NaviCmd: Branch Command, Operator: Resume
Playback: Popup Menu Off
PSR: Title Number (PSR 4) changed to 0x000001
PSR: Chapter Number (PSR 5) changed to 0x00FFFF
Playback: Starting Title 01 of 23
PSR: Chapter Number (PSR 5) changed to 0x000001
PSR: PlayList ID (PSR 6) changed to 0x000001
PSR: Page ID (PSR 11) changed to 0x000004
Playback: Starting Playlist 001
Stream: Primary Video: Video 1: MPEG-4 AVC, 1080p, 23.97 fps, 16:9, No CC
Stream: Primary Audio: Audio 1: ENG, DTS-HD XLL, Multi-Channel, 48 KHz, Unknown channels
Stream: PG or TextST: Subtitle 1: ENG, ISRC: ---
Playback: Starting Play Item 000
It says the Audio is being set to 2, with subs on. Resume (GPR 1138) is set to 1, so it should resume into main feature, GPR4 is set to 1.

But when it starts playing the main feature back, it's playing audio stream 1, subs on.

It could be a complete lack of sleep on this project, but can anyone see anything obviously 'wrong'?

Many Thanks.
dvdboy is offline   Reply With Quote