Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 9th May 2007, 22:04   #41  |  Link
Zero1
Two bit encoder

Would it be possible to add an option to demux the files? That would be great
Zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 00:49   #42  |  Link
Momber

I may be doing something wrong. Please advise.

I load a properly decrypted EVO (Children of Men main feature EVO 1) into the remuxer. It correctly displays the streams and I select the VC1 video, the first ac3 audio (which is actually Dolby Digital Plus) and one subtitle stream. For output I first try TS and let the remuxer do its thing.
Upon completion I load the TS into HDTV2MPEG2 - it cannot find any channels. Then I open the TS with PowerDVD 6.5 and I get only a visualization and no audio. Then I open the TS with MPC and it cannot display the video, either, although WMVideo Decoder is set up as an external video decoder.

So I think "screw this" and go back to the remuxer, this time selecting m2ts as output. I copy the m2ts to my HPTC, which is set up to play both BluRay and HDDVD (and does so just fine). There, PowerDVD 7.3 is unable to do anything with the m2ts (it just freezes), as are ZoomPlayer and MPC.

What gives?
S.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 06:51   #43  |  Link
dmz01

New version posted:

Fixed dolby digital plus remuxing.
Fixed various stream IDs.
Elementary stream demuxing added, includes support for demuxing presentation graphics streams into SUPreader compatible stream. (right click the selected stream with the mouse)

Last edited by dmz01; 10th May 2007 at 07:15.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 06:57   #44  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momber View Post
I may be doing something wrong. Please advise.

I load a properly decrypted EVO (Children of Men main feature EVO 1) into the remuxer. It correctly displays the streams and I select the VC1 video, the first ac3 audio (which is actually Dolby Digital Plus) and one subtitle stream. For output I first try TS and let the remuxer do its thing.
Upon completion I load the TS into HDTV2MPEG2 - it cannot find any channels. Then I open the TS with PowerDVD 6.5 and I get only a visualization and no audio. Then I open the TS with MPC and it cannot display the video, either, although WMVideo Decoder is set up as an external video decoder.

So I think "screw this" and go back to the remuxer, this time selecting m2ts as output. I copy the m2ts to my HPTC, which is set up to play both BluRay and HDDVD (and does so just fine). There, PowerDVD 7.3 is unable to do anything with the m2ts (it just freezes), as are ZoomPlayer and MPC.

What gives?
S.
HDTV2MPEG2 only supports MPEG2 video, TS streams containing any other type of video will not work. Power DVD 6.5 as well as 7.3 will not demux those properly mainly due to new licensing restrictions. You can only play TS streams containg MPEG2 video and dolby digital (non plus) audio with 6.5 or any other older decoder package.

There is no way that I know off to play those "new codecs" TS streams in zoomplayer or any other player. However there is a way to play those M2TS streams in zoomplayer professional:

1) buy nero 7 and nero blu-ray/hd-dvd plugin
2) configure zoomplayer pro to use nero splitter, nero hd video decoder and nero audio decoder 2
3) rename zplayer.exe to recode.exe
4) associate M2TS files with recode.exe.

Last edited by dmz01; 10th May 2007 at 07:00.
Old 10th May 2007, 07:40   #45  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
HDTV2MPEG2 only supports MPEG2 video, TS streams containing any other type of video will not work. Power DVD 6.5 as well as 7.3 will not demux those properly mainly due to new licensing restrictions. You can only play TS streams containg MPEG2 video and dolby digital (non plus) audio with 6.5 or any other older decoder package.

There is no way that I know off to play those "new codecs" TS streams in zoomplayer or any other player. However there is a way to play those M2TS streams in zoomplayer professional:

2) configure zoomplayer pro to use nero splitter, nero hd video decoder and nero audio decoder 2
Shouldn't Haali's Media Splitter be able to demux those? At least it's supposed to support original Blu-Ray M2TS streams, I think (haven't tried that yet, though). If you think there's something missing in Haali's Media Splitter, we should tell him. I'm sure he'd add it quickly, if it's not too much work.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 13:50   #46  |  Link
The_Keymaker

Dmz01,

Using the new release of your prog (v 0.0.3), I am still unable to Remux a DD+ audio stream.

I am remuxing the UNILOGO.EVO file from King Kong. I use this file as a test file since it does not not need to be demuxed and rebuilt using Evodemux (there is only one audio track (DD+)).

When I load the UNILOGO.EVO file into your program, it correctly shows both the video and audio streams, but when I Remux, NO AUDIO stream is present in the resulting M2TS file.

I am able to play the video in the resulting M2TS file (stutter free) in both PowerDVD 7.3 and ZoomPlayer.

Thank you for this utility. If We can get the audio worked out, I'll finally be able to remux my ripped HD-DVD library and play them in Zoomplayer instead of PowerVD 7.3, which occasionally stutters and uses overlay for HD-DVD instead of VMR9.

The_Keymaker

Last edited by The_Keymaker; 10th May 2007 at 16:37.
The_Keymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 14:32   #47  |  Link
Momber

Thanks for your reply, dmz01.

Quote:
HDTV2MPEG2 only supports MPEG2 video, TS streams containing any other type of video will not work.
I know it will not "work". I wasn't planning on using it - just wanted to see if it finds the streams and PID's OK, hence, if I have a "proper" transport stream at hand.

Quote:
I have ZoomPlayer Pro set up to play BluRay m2ts files perfectly fine and it doesn't even take Nero to do that.
For demuxers, I can choose between Cyberlink Demux, Sonic HD Demuxer or the latest offering from Elecard. They work well on the m2ts's I tried them with, which came directly from BluRay rips.

I will do some tests with other EVOs as sources and report back.

S.
Old 10th May 2007, 15:05   #48  |  Link
dmz01

New version 0.0.4:

Fixed bugs reported by users when converting EVOs to TS/M2TS. Let me know if you have issues with this version.
Old 10th May 2007, 15:12   #49  |  Link
Momber

Ta.
I can't use 0.0.3, nor 0.0.4. "Insufficient System Resources".

S.
Old 10th May 2007, 15:14   #50  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Ta.
I can't use 0.0.3, nor 0.0.4. "Insufficient System Resources".

S.
.NET framework version? You need to have the latest 2.0 with all the fixes from windows update. Also what OS do you have? XP or Vista?
Old 10th May 2007, 15:42   #51  |  Link
Momber

XP SP2. .NET 2.0 is present. I'll check for updates.

S.

P.S. Already installed: .NET 2.0 language pack, as well as Hotfixes KB917283 and KB922770

Last edited by Momber; 10th May 2007 at 15:44.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:14   #52  |  Link
Momber

There are no further updates or service packs for me to download. I still get the message "insufficient system resources to run the desired service" (or something to that effect - translated) when trying to open any EVO.

S.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:29   #53  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
There are no further updates or service packs for me to download. I still get the message "insufficient system resources to run the desired service" (or something to that effect - translated) when trying to open any EVO.

S.
According to Task Manager TsRemux uses around 117MB of memory. Yeah, I know its a memory hog, so someday, I might rewrite it in native code. Make sure you have around 128MB or more free. On my XP SP2 I have 1GB of memory total and the program runs fine.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:42   #54  |  Link
The_Keymaker

I am able to run TsRemux on a memory starved Vista system (1GB) with no problem.

PS, I will try Version 0.0.4 today and see if it successfully remuxes the audio stream from EVO files.

Last edited by The_Keymaker; 10th May 2007 at 16:45.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:56   #55  |  Link
Pookie

v.0.0.4 is a big improvement, dmz01. Well done. Keep up the good work.

I'll throw in a request (or 2) for future versions:

Ability to specify output PIDs (remap)

Command line version
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 18:20   #56  |  Link
The_Keymaker

Tried V 0.0.4 today during lunch. Still not able to remux audio stream from an EVO.

Has anyone been successful at Remuxing an EVO to TS or M2TS using (with DD+ audio stream) TsRemux yet?

I'm just trying to see if there something wrong on my end or if it is a limitation of the program.

Thanks for your efforts Dmz01
Old 10th May 2007, 18:25   #57  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Keymaker View Post
Has anyone been successful at Remuxing an EVO to TS or M2TS using (with DD+ audio stream) TsRemux yet?
With 0.0.4 I and a couple of others were successfully able to remux the Paramount demo EVO which contains DD+ into a perfectly working M2TS. Which splitter and audio decoder do you use for M2TS? Nero splitter and audio decoder seem to work the best for me.
Old 10th May 2007, 18:54   #58  |  Link
b_squared

Matroska support?

If you can add matroska input support and the result works on my PS3 for AVC+AC3 files, I'll be one happy camper!

I have some AVCHD example files here and can serve as a beta tester as well.
b_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 19:52   #59  |  Link
The_Keymaker

Hello DMZ01, thanks for the response.

I don't think it is a playback issue.

TsRemux correctly shows the elementary streams in the source EVO file, but there is no audio stream present in the M2TS file TsRemux produces. I can determine this by dropping the file into Graphedit OR by playing the file in Zoomplayer: they both show there is no audio stream present in the M2TS file.

Somehow, the audio stream is not getting "remuxed" by TsRemux. Are the splitter and audio decoder important in the remux process?

I believe I have one Paramount HD-DVD and I will try and remux the demo EVO using TsRemux. I'm also curious If you can remux the Unilogo.EVO file from a Universal HD-DVD.

Thanks again for your patience.

Last edited by The_Keymaker; 10th May 2007 at 19:56.
Old 10th May 2007, 19:53   #60  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
On my XP SP2 I have 1GB of memory total and the program runs fine.
I have 1 gig of memory, too, of which 500-600 MB are free.

S.