Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th May 2010, 14:25   #401  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
This little program here has output size estimation using BDInfo. Maybe this is what you would need to implement the same in BDRebuilder so it could just remux if rendering is not necessary:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=40349
It already remuxes the original if reencoding is not necessary. The exception, of course, would be if you had a VC-1 source going to AVCHD -- since VC-1 is not supported in AVCHD.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th May 2010 at 14:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 05:31   #402  |  Link
spotswood

Straight to .ISO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLZY View Post
Option to output straight to ISO and not burn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I can put that as another option easy enough.
This is a nice option and I have been taking advantage of it, thanks. How 'bout deleting the final output directory if selecting this option as it is redundant after creating the .iso at that point. Thanks again for your great program!
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 00:03   #403  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

you can remove the final output directory by adding the "hidden command" REMOVE_OUTPUT=1 to the bd-rebuilder.ini file

@JDobbs, maybe you could add a checkbox for that in the gui like there is for the workfiles.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 00:05   #404  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
you can remove the final output directory by adding the "hidden command" REMOVE_OUTPUT=1 to the bd-rebuilder.ini file

@JDobbs, maybe you could add a checkbox for that in the gui like there is for the workfiles.
Yeah, that's a good idea.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:07   #405  |  Link
Mr. E

Hey Jdobbs, great progress on BD Rebuilder with every revision!

I just wanted to check in and see if the option to create hardcoded/burned-in-video subtitles was still in the pipeline for BD-rebuilder. Also, the ability to select an external set of subtitles would be most excellent, especially for cases like "Let the Right One In" (See that subtitle controversy here). I just found that Ripbot 264 has these features, but I still vastly prefer BD-RB for your superior speed and ease-of-use. I think those would be the final features that would make BD-RB the perfect all-in-one BD utility for me!
Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 08:43   #406  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

2 requests:

1. Ability to preview video stream
Looks like a tool called ClownBD Copier is now doing this, I think its using mplayer to achieve this
Quote:
UPDATE: Ah I see this can be done by right clicking on stream and doing preview. So maybe this just needs to be more intuitive with a preview window or play stream button for the challenged
2. Extras only BD-9 with no movie option
There are times where I want the best quality for the movie, but still wish to have the supplements. So it would be nice to be able to create my movie only BD-25 and then create a separate BD-9 disc that has only the supplements, so in effect its eliminating the main movie. This will obviously not work for PIP or audio commentary supplements, but for the rest it would.

Last edited by jfcarbel; 6th June 2010 at 08:47.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 10:58   #407  |  Link
snakeman

AppleTV :)

I see you have implemented the ipad conversion, please try and create a AppleTV conversion with the two audio tracks aac and ac3, but use the 4.1 profile so we can also play them on our PS3s also

Thanks

snakeman

Last edited by snakeman; 6th June 2010 at 12:58.
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 01:35   #408  |  Link
hobbes4444

Is it/would it be possible to have a movie only option with 1:1 for 50gb discs? I have a disc with what I think is a problematic menu that I'm trying to back up. Couldn't get the 50gb iso from anydvd to burn and play in my sony 350, panny 60 or lg 590, and couldn't get a full backup 25gb to play in any of those as well. Thinking maybe the menu is PAL SDef, but not sure. SO did a movie only 25gb back up that plays fine on the 350. Would be nice to be able to select movie only for 50gb. I'm a newbie, so maybe I'm just missing how to do that in bdrb.

Love the program so far though!
Cheers!

Last edited by hobbes4444; 9th June 2010 at 01:38.
hobbes4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 01:56   #409  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes4444 View Post
Is it/would it be possible to have a movie only option with 1:1 for 50gb discs? I have a disc with what I think is a problematic menu that I'm trying to back up. Couldn't get the 50gb iso from anydvd to burn and play in my sony 350, panny 60 or lg 590, and couldn't get a full backup 25gb to play in any of those as well. Thinking maybe the menu is PAL SDef, but not sure. SO did a movie only 25gb back up that plays fine on the 350. Would be nice to be able to select movie only for 50gb. I'm a newbie, so maybe I'm just missing how to do that in bdrb.

Love the program so far though!
Cheers!
Just set "Custom Target Size" on the SETUP menu to 50000, and then select it from the "Settings/Output Options" menu. Then choose "Movie-Only" from the MODE menu. It will create a movie-only version without reencoding.

If you want it to reencode anyway (for example if you wanted to convert VC-1 to AVC), you could add this hidden option to the BDREBUILDER.INI file:

FORCE_ENCODE=1

Hope this gets you what you want.
Old 9th June 2010, 04:42   #410  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
Can you change the way the secondary video/audio is enabled or disabled, to make it similar to the way we select or deselect audio streams presently?
I have the " PROCESS_SECONDARY=0/1 " switch able to set/change in the ini file, but it seams it would be more straight forward to just be able to double click the stream to enable or disable it.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:20   #411  |  Link
Bob Wya

Prepare + Backup Option

@jdobbs

I would like to see a feature where it is possible to edit or replace the stock BD-RB AVISynth scripts. Currently BD-RB will write the scripts on the fly during the Encode process (which is not ideal really).

Perhaps an optional "Prepare" and "Backup Option" - similar to 1-click encode vs. 2-click (prepare / encode+rebuild) which you used in DVD-RB?

Sorry if I missed a previous post with a similar request... Just wasn't willing to hunt back through hundreds of feature request posts!!

Thanks, and keep up the good work!!

Bob
Bob Wya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 03:13   #412  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wya View Post
@jdobbs

I would like to see a feature where it is possible to edit or replace the stock BD-RB AVISynth scripts. Currently BD-RB will write the scripts on the fly during the Encode process (which is not ideal really).

Perhaps an optional "Prepare" and "Backup Option" - similar to 1-click encode vs. 2-click (prepare / encode+rebuild) which you used in DVD-RB?

Sorry if I missed a previous post with a similar request... Just wasn't willing to hunt back through hundreds of feature request posts!!

Thanks, and keep up the good work!!

Bob
At some point BD-RB will include a filter editor that will allow you to add AVISYNTH commands/filters.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:52   #413  |  Link
colinhunt

I'm still hoping for an option for converting LPCM tracks into Dolby Digital while leaving other HD audio tracks untouched. Imagine a title which has TrueHD or DTS-HD for main feature and stereo LPCM tracks for two commentaries. It would free up a lot of bytes for video if those LPCM tracks were converted to 224kbps DD, for example.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 19:15   #414  |  Link
A.Fenderson

I'm not calling into question the potential usefulness of the suggestion, but for informational purposes: have you ever run across any BD with lossless-compressed audio on the feature and LPCM (or any other type of lossless audio for that matter) on an extra? If this type of mixture starts showing up a lot, it may become generally desirable for BD-RB to allow per-stream, per-track (audio) selection as to "leave intact / convert to... / remove". That could actually be very nice for those who really like to tweak their rebuilds.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 20:11   #415  |  Link
Bob Wya

Quote:
At some point BD-RB will include a filter editor that will allow you to add AVISYNTH commands/filters.
OK brill!!

I guess your tone of comment implies a month or two before this feature is implemented... Looks like I will then be writing a script to detect changes to the AVISynth files and immediately overwrite to my versions. It ain't pretty but it should work...

Thanks for the quick response,
Bob
Old 24th June 2010, 23:12   #416  |  Link
MilesAhead

Quote:
OK brill!!

I guess your tone of comment implies a month or two before this feature is implemented... Looks like I will then be writing a script to detect changes to the AVISynth files and immediately overwrite to my versions. It ain't pretty but it should work...

Thanks for the quick response,
Bob
I have a big need to burn in subs also. When you have a working script can you share it? Right now I'm using Simple AVI Creator to burn in subs since it uses AvsP to allow modifications before the video processing starts. But BDRebuilder is almost twice as fast in One Pass abr mode as x264 one pass mode in Creator. WD gen1 player is awfully touchy about subs going out of sync so burning in is the only way to go.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:39   #417  |  Link
Bob Wya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
I have a big need to burn in subs also. When you have a working script can you share it? ...
The script would be a hideous kludge.

I was proposing to set BD-RB to it's super crap quality setting. Run it through x1. Manually edit any scripts I wanted to. Then rather than make the .avs files R/O (which doesn't work) I would write a script that records all the .avs files (your versions) and then sits in a busy loop and will preserve the .avs files (re-writing them immediately they are written to/re-created by BD-RB). I would then start BD-RB with the encoding level I actually wanted (High Quality).

It's the only way to hack it - as BD-RB creates each .avs file on the fly and initiates the x264 encoding almost immediately.
If you have need of such a "script" I'll knock it up this evening after work!!

Bob
Old 25th June 2010, 13:52   #418  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The script would be a hideous kludge.

I was proposing to set BD-RB to it's super crap quality setting. Run it through x1. Manually edit any scripts I wanted to. Then rather than make the .avs files R/O (which doesn't work) I would write a script that records all the .avs files (your versions) and then sits in a busy loop and will preserve the .avs files (re-writing them immediately they are written to/re-created by BD-RB). I would then start BD-RB with the encoding level I actually wanted (High Quality).

It's the only way to hack it - as BD-RB creates each .avs file on the fly and initiates the x264 encoding almost immediately.
If you have need of such a "script" I'll knock it up this evening after work!!

Bob
I'll see what I can do in the short term. I think I have most of the code written for DVD-RB and I can just move it over.
Old 25th June 2010, 19:21   #419  |  Link
Bob Wya

Quote:
I'll see what I can do in the short term. I think I have most of the code written for DVD-RB and I can just move it over.
That would be most excellent!

Thanks
Bob
Old 25th June 2010, 20:52   #420  |  Link
MilesAhead

Quote:
Thanks.