Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 20th April 2004, 15:35   #21  |  Link
castellanos

Interesting also, but I am not experienced in Divx...
I don't want to use DVD2SVCD, it use a combination of many programs that I already have... I don't like it so much, nothing personal, just a caprice!
But now the thing is to get at least, a SVCD or a XSVCD, but synchronized!
Finally the audio must be at 48000 Hz? What should I do, mux the non audio mpeg with the original ac3 and get the XSVCD or do something in the settings of DVD2AVI?
Please, something but synchroinized!!!
castellanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2004, 00:40   #22  |  Link
castellanos

OK, finally I got the well synchronized mpg, the settings I used was MPEG 2, Bitrate 2520, 25 fps and audio mp2 48000 Hz, 128 Kbs.
The final mpg was 2500 MB a little bit bigger than I wanted, finally I put the entire movie into 4 CDs and not in 3, as I was thinking before.
However, when I burned the SVCDs with Nero, It came a window saying that it is not a standard SVCD, because the 48000 Hz. Anyway, WinDVD played the movie without problems.
The final question is, if I want to create a standard SVCD from a DVD with TMPGEnc and in the conditions I've refered before, I will always have problem of synchronisation?
I mean, if I set a standard SVCD with audio at 44100 Hz, and the original movie is an ac3 at 48000 Hz... is not possible to get it synch.
Please, this answer and I'm done.
Thanks!

Last edited by castellanos; 21st April 2004 at 00:43.
Old 21st April 2004, 03:12   #23  |  Link
Dimmer

Synchronization is not always a problem. If you go the long way such as using DVD2SVCD as bb has mentioned above, you might get a standard SVCD with 44.1kHz audio in sync. But if you want a quick fix, you'll have to sacrifice the standard compliance.
Dimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2004, 07:44   #24  |  Link
castellanos

Good! I got it, anyway, next time, if I want to create a standard SVCD, I think the best option for me is DVDx instead of DVD2SVCD, of course is not the same quality as TMPGEnc, but is a little program and it does everything automatic (The best for nerds like me!).
However, Thanks you very much for those who took part in this discussion: "cweb", "bb" and specialy: "Dimmer".
Thanks and best whishes!