Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 19th February 2006, 20:35   #661  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
However they said it was possible to set the encoder to use two threads. Is there a setting somewhere in staxrip for this?
http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/023.png
Old 19th February 2006, 21:13   #662  |  Link
Funkstar De Luxe

:-D You the man, Stax.

Thanks a lot. I think that's me done know. I appreciate your help!
Old 20th February 2006, 03:04   #663  |  Link
Gargantula

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
A filter setup in StaxRip is a abstraction of a AviSynth script so you are asking 'Is it possible to use two different AviSynth scripts on different parts of the same video?' You could try doing it like it would be done manually, I see no reason why it should not work. It's however to specialized to add GUI support for it as still very basic features are missing.
How is it possible to do it manually then?
Old 20th February 2006, 03:42   #664  |  Link
stax76

@Gargantula

The AviSynth feature in StaxRip is close to doing a script with a text editor, I can't really tell you much more than is already documented.
Old 21st February 2006, 02:41   #665  |  Link
tekNerd
just noobing around

Gawwad, thanks for the help. I was use to virtualdub's style of cutting and i didn't read the help. Anyways, thanks a lot!
Old 21st February 2006, 02:43   #666  |  Link
NightWolf1

just a quick ?

to do with dual core sups

do the apps that this use use both or just 1 core for encoding
Old 21st February 2006, 02:44   #667  |  Link
Gawwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekNerd
Gawwad, thanks for the help. I was use to virtualdub's style of cutting and i didn't read the help. Anyways, thanks a lot!
u welcome

its quite weard that both of us deleted our original replies
Old 21st February 2006, 10:20   #668  |  Link
rototo

thanks for this ultra-useful & efficient program

I noticed something maybe buggy & a bit annoying though.
it's about image ratio : I recently ripped some 4/3 PAL dvds and I thought when I choosed a pure 4/3 resolution (512*384 / 576*432 / 640*480 etc) the margin indicator will gave me a 0% difference... but I obtain a 2.5% difference !
of course cropping was not active for these measures...

as the software forbids choice with a margin >3% , you have sometimes only choice between ripping in (slitghly, ok ) wrong format and not ripping at all (depending on choosed resolution & specific cropping)...
I don't know if this is a bug specific to pal dvds (I don't have z1 ntsc dvds)

Thanks in advance if you can correct this
Old 21st February 2006, 11:51   #669  |  Link
stax76

@tekNerd

People constantly expecting StaxRip to look, feel and work like VirtualDub, GordianKnot etc.

I've not used much application other that DVX/StaxRip directly so I've developed most features without being much biased.

Quote:
do the apps that this use use both or just 1 core for encoding
Some do, others not.

@rototo

You mean aspect ratio error? This should be fine.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=42708

Quote:
For a long time I try to solve the problem how to automatically encode few movie with target size specify for all of them together. (As I (but think not only I) encode and then burn my movies to DVD, it comes as usual 3-5 films per DVD) After you added command line support to StaxRip it’s became possible!!!! Just what is necessary to have switches to make only compressibility test and then save project (.rip) files. I am not very familiar with VB.NET (I am C++ programmer, but think it’s not so difficult ) but then I can write small additional program in which one can specify source files for encoding, template, and target size for all of them. From this program will start StaxRip with compressibility test only options for each of all incomes files and after it read necessary information (length, compressibility and etc. ) from saved project files and adjust it to receive specify target size by slightly changing quality for all of them proportional (or in worth case also changing width ) and then run StaxRip with modify project files to encode. As result – absolutely automatically system to encode as much as you need movies (series of some serial) with any target size for all of them.
It's a bit lengthy and I hardly understand what you want to achieve. If you download the most recent build:

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

Did you try 'Post Processing Mode'? Is there something missing regarding automation? I didn't test a batch scenario yet but it's about time. Things like templates and other features like many automation features were partly done because I expected them to be needed for a batch scenario. I rather have a solution that needs nothing external. I just need to know what sources people have and how that sources should be encoded so I can check if it can be done and write some help about it.

Last edited by stax76; 21st February 2006 at 11:58.
Old 21st February 2006, 14:39   #670  |  Link
vladlp

Quote:
Did you try 'Post Processing Mode'? Is there something missing regarding automation? I didn't test a batch scenario yet but it's about time. Things like templates and other features like many automation features were partly done because I expected them to be needed for a batch . I rather have a solution that needs nothing external. I just need to know what sources people have and how that sources should be encoded so I can check if it can be done and write some help about it.
Yes, shure. End even find small bug in Post Processing Mode. I have posted it few days ago
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...554#post785554.

My idea is to make possible specify target size not for one project but for few of them. As example I create few projects and add them to batch scenario and then specify, that after encoding target size for all of them have to be 4483mb (as example). In batch scenario I check all project for compressibility value. If some project have it not - than I start this project, but just to make compressibility test. After this pre-cheking I have set of project with compressibility information. Now it just simle mathematic using information from projects files find quality (in percent) to satisfy this conditions and then correct target size in each project files. And finally after it start batch encoding.
Old 21st February 2006, 15:16   #671  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Yes, shure. End even find small bug in Post Processing Mode. I have posted it few days ago
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...554#post785554.
You mean add button in job list disabled? That should be fixed in the hotfix above.

Quote:
My idea is to make possible specify target size not for one project but for few of them. As example I create few projects and add them to batch scenario and then specify, that after encoding target size for all of them have to be 4483mb (as example). In batch scenario I check all project for compressibility value. If some project have it not - than I start this project, but just to make compressibility test. After this pre-cheking I have set of project with compressibility information. Now it just simle mathematic using information from projects files find quality (in percent) to satisfy this conditions and then correct target size in each project files. And finally after it start batch encoding.
I had to read it a few times until I understood. It's very specialized and I don't support things I don't fully understand. It sounds like your sources are for instance 4 DVD's, the point here is they are probably not equal so how do you want to batch process this without knowing what AviSynth filters are gonna be used?

Edit:

I remember you requested also auto deinterlacing, then it would make sense of course. I got to think about your scenario.

Last edited by stax76; 21st February 2006 at 15:22.
Old 21st February 2006, 17:02   #672  |  Link
vladlp

Quote:
I had to read it a few times until I understood
Sorry for my poor English
Quote:
You mean add button in job list disabled? That should be fixed in the hotfix above
I will test it at home in the evening.
Quote:
they are probably not equal so how do you want to batch process this without knowing what AviSynth filters are gonna be used?
In case when sources are different fully automates can be too hard, It’s true . But then we just need to know information about our source to load them with right templates and can do it manually (I think it will take not so mach time and it's not necessary to automates it).
But in case when projects are already prepared (necessary AVS filters and sounds selected for each projects) it looks not so terrible Then we just need 3 pass batch scenarios:
1) Go throw all projects and make compressibility test.
2) Adjust target size of each projects that sum of all of them was X mb.
(As options, one can specify acceptable minimum quality, lets say 65%. If it's impossible to reach this quality with size X, then resize each source to smaller size or something like this... scenarios can be different... but for all of them information from projects file after 1 step have to be enough)
3) Start encoding.

Last edited by vladlp; 21st February 2006 at 17:14.
Old 21st February 2006, 18:25   #673  |  Link
tekNerd
just noobing around

One little problem. Time to time Settings.bin is been accesed or something by System process and when I want to start SR it just crushes. I have to "close handle" to go by. What is happening? Is something wrong with my comp?
Another thing:how is going on descover why SR is not working with avi (with sound) files?
Thanks, love the app!!! (now more than ever cause has the wmv support. yuhuuhhuuhu)
Old 21st February 2006, 19:55   #674  |  Link
ftack

In "Audio Mux Options" for AVI it is possible to specify a delay. However, I do not find options for preloading and interleaving the audio. Am I looking at the wrong place or is this not implemented?
Old 21st February 2006, 21:53   #675  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
One little problem. Time to time Settings.bin is been accesed or something by System process and when I want to start SR it just crushes.
That's kind of strange, I mean other applications have configuration files as well. When StaxRip starts it reads the file, read access is probably enough here. When it exits it writes the file.

Quote:
Another thing:how is going on descover why SR is not working with avi (with sound) files?
Zen told me there might be memory corruption going on in MediaInfo and he is working on it. I tested it over and over again and I swear it never crashed here.

Quote:
In "Audio Mux Options" for AVI it is possible to specify a delay. However, I do not find options for preloading and interleaving the audio. Am I looking at the wrong place or is this not implemented?
It's not supported, don't work the defaults for you?
Old 21st February 2006, 22:18   #676  |  Link
stax76

0.9.3.2 (2006-02-21)

Quote:
  • new: Added preparer that decodes using DirectShow and defaults for WMV and RMVB.
  • new: 'Auto crop until proper aspect ratio is found'. This option is useful for devices like PlayStation Portable. It's know as smart crop and the used algorithm was improved.
  • new: PMP Muxer and PlayStation Portable template.
  • new: Option to define percentage to use for compressibility check.
Old 22nd February 2006, 00:25   #677  |  Link
mistik69

I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I follow this thread fairly closely and dont remember it being addressed. I would appreciate it if someone could answer me when I should use deinterlace? I understand definitions between PAL and NTSC and how interlaced and progressive work. Most of my source material is DVD's region 1. Is there any logical reason why I should use the deinterlace function in Staxrip?
Old 22nd February 2006, 00:29   #678  |  Link
tekNerd
just noobing around

Question:there is possible to do some magic(like u did so far and made this beautiful piece of software)and have a posibility to encode to .flv?
Old 22nd February 2006, 00:47   #679  |  Link
Gawwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistik69
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I follow this thread fairly closely and dont remember it being addressed. I would appreciate it if someone could answer me when I should use deinterlace? I understand definitions between PAL and NTSC and how interlaced and progressive work. Most of my source material is DVD's region 1. Is there any logical reason why I should use the deinterlace function in Staxrip?
i am not an expert on this
but as i know, the "deinterlace" option should be used to attenuates the artifacts on some poorly encoded DVDs
so for me for example i use this option most of the time when i encode dvds from the middle east, as they r interlaced them selves, and the only way to deinterlace is to use that "deinterlace" option in staxrip
i use this option as well when i encode tv captured videos, as tv captured stuff seems to be interlaced all the time
but when i encode region 2 dvds (from the uk), i never realy need to use this "deinterlace" option
i encoded 10s of dvds from reigon 2 and they were all ok
but when i encoded some dvds from the middle east with out choosing the "deinterlace" option, the out put came out interlaced!
if u r encoding original dvds from reigon 1, i doubt it that u will need to use the "deinterlace" option
my advice is encode a small cilp such a movie trailer without selecting "deinterlace" option
if the out put came out correct and not interlaced, then i guess u don't need to use the "deinterlace" option

Last edited by Gawwad; 22nd February 2006 at 00:49.
Old 22nd February 2006, 06:30   #680  |  Link
LRN
TeMa=) team member

Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Russia, Moscow
Stax, you should find some algoritm for detection, is video interlaced or not. Nero Recode 2 has one, and it works neraly 100% perfectly.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265