Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 30th April 2012, 14:58   #301  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I'm currently writing a GUI to generate the AVS file automatically from any MPLS file. It works already fine. It can retrieve the number of frames without having to demux, including when the MPLS references several M2TS files. (I use xport.exe for that purpose, as it is fast and doesn't require to demux anything just to count the frames, but eac3to is used if the user wants to demux an audio stream as well.)

The GUI shows the available stereoscopic MPLS files and the information about the streams they contain. There are options to convert to side by side or top/bottom, and to select the resize filter. You can also preview the MPLS or any of the referenced M2TS file with your preferred player.

I would like to add an option to hardcode a subtitle stream as well, but I have two problems.

1. I need a tool to convert the BD SUP format to IDX/SUB, similar to BDSup2Sub but that can be driven from the command line.

Anyone knows a CLI program to convert SUP to SUB? Or is it possible to do it with BDSup2Sub? (As far as I know, BDSup2Sub has no command line arguments.) Or do you know an avisynth filter similar to VobSub but that works with SUP?

2. Currently, I know how to demux the subtitle stream associated with the first video stream (usually the left eye), but I haven't found a way to demux the stream for the other eye, and even to automatically find in what file(s) it is located. It is not absolutely necessary to demux the subtitles for the two eyes as the same stream can be used for the two views, but in some cases the subtitles are slightly different to show the stereoscopic subtitle at various positions along the Z axis. It's useful to avoid strange effects when the subtitle is over an object that springs out of the screen.

How can I know what M2TS file contains the right eye video and subtitle streams? How can I demux the subpic stream from the right-eye file?

Any pointer will be much appreciated.

[EDIT] Hum, it appears that BDSup2Sub has a command line. So, problem 1 is already solved. :-)

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th April 2012 at 15:21.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 17:09   #302  |  Link
crl2007

I don't think you really can demux the SSIF file. There's no demuxer/remuxer for free yet. There's no M2TS for the right stream, there's the SSIF associated with the left M2TS.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 17:16   #303  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, thanks for the info.

BTW, can I assume that the SSIF file for a specific MPLS has the same filename (or the same number) that the corresponding M2TS file?
Old 30th April 2012, 17:24   #304  |  Link
crl2007

Yes, it usually has the same number as the corresponding M2TS file. You can use BDInfo to see this. Press "Settings" and check "Enable SSIF scanning". Or you can use BDEdit for the same purpose.
Old 30th April 2012, 17:47   #305  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, I don't like your "usually"! I would like to be sure that it's always the case.
But anyway, if it is impossible to demux the subtitle streams from the SSIF, I don't really need the information. I was still hoping that the subpic stream can be demuxed, as IMO the subtitle streams are certainly encoded and probably muxed the same way than in the M2TS file. It should therefore be possible to demux it (and ignore the video stream). Just my 2 cents, as I don't know much about muxing stuff, and even less about SSIF.
Old 30th April 2012, 18:48   #306  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I'm currently writing a GUI to generate the AVS file automatically from any MPLS file. It works already fine. It can retrieve the number of frames without having to demux, including when the MPLS references several M2TS files. (I use xport.exe for that purpose, as it is fast and doesn't require to demux anything just to count the frames, but eac3to is used if the user wants to demux an audio stream as well.)

The GUI shows the available stereoscopic MPLS files and the information about the streams they contain. There are options to convert to side by side or top/bottom, and to select the resize filter. You can also preview the MPLS or any of the referenced M2TS file with your preferred player.

I would like to add an option to hardcode a subtitle stream as well, but I have two problems.

1. I need a tool to convert the BD SUP format to IDX/SUB, similar to BDSup2Sub but that can be driven from the command line.

Anyone knows a CLI program to convert SUP to SUB? Or is it possible to do it with BDSup2Sub? (As far as I know, BDSup2Sub has no command line arguments.) Or do you know an avisynth filter similar to VobSub but that works with SUP?

2. Currently, I know how to demux the subtitle stream associated with the first video stream (usually the left eye), but I haven't found a way to demux the stream for the other eye, and even to automatically find in what file(s) it is located. It is not absolutely necessary to demux the subtitles for the two eyes as the same stream can be used for the two views, but in some cases the subtitles are slightly different to show the stereoscopic subtitle at various positions along the Z axis. It's useful to avoid strange effects when the subtitle is over an object that springs out of the screen.

How can I know what M2TS file contains the right eye video and subtitle streams? How can I demux the subpic stream from the right-eye file?

Any pointer will be much appreciated.

[EDIT] Hum, it appears that BDSup2Sub has a command line. So, problem 1 is already solved. :-)
Hi

I am finishing my GUI with all options possible for a quick edit to the final file

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 18:52   #307  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oh, well! Your GUI will also encode the AVS script? And it will be possible to hardcode the subtitles? If it's the case, I will probably abandon mine...
Old 30th April 2012, 18:58   #308  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Quote:
Oh, well! Your GUI will also encode the AVS script ?
Yes

I did not even interested in subtitles subtitle tracks but some titles use the same track. "Sup" for subtitles and forced subtitles

Programing free for all.

Last edited by frencher; 30th April 2012 at 19:16.
Old 30th April 2012, 19:15   #309  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Usually, I watch the 3D movies in my native language, French, but there are some movies in foreign language only and in that case the subtitles are needed. Forced subtitles are perhaps also necessary in some cases, but anyway BDsup2sub can open a SUP file with forced and non-forced subtitles and generate a SUB file with only the forced subtitles.

For me, it is important to hardcode the subtitles in the video stream, as my Samsung TV cannot show the SUP or SUB subtitles, and I hate to have to convert them to SRT. Also, the TV shows them in "flat mode" (at the position of the screen), but when they are hardcoded, it is possible to place them exactly where you want them, for example in the black border below the cinemascope area and with some 3D effect so that they appear in front of the objects. I did that manually recently, but that took much time, so I've decided to make my GUI.

BTW, will your GUI be available soon?
Old 30th April 2012, 19:48   #310  |  Link
frencher
French Love

@r0lZ

I will answer in MP and French here will be simpler

Programing free for all.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:22   #311  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I'm wondering why the ssifSource binary files must be copied in the script directory. IMO, it's a major drawback, and it's not clean, especially when the conversion is started from a GUI, supposed to hide the implementation details to the user. Also, if the files are stored elsewhere and ssifsource is called with a path in the script, the script crashes immediately, without any error message.

Is it a solution? Is it a problem with the paths used by a specific program? Can this problem be fixed somehow?
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:42   #312  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMan View Post
Hey guys,

I successfully used x264 (x86 version) with ssifsource and a script similar to the test.avs included in the package.

I usually encode using avs2yuv.exe to pipe the AVS to x264-x64, however it doesn't work with avs's containing ssifsource.

Is there any way to pipe the AVS to x264 instead of having x264 directly read the avs?

Thank you.
There are x32 and x64 versions of ssifSource with "ERROR READING PIPE" message fixed
http://sendfile.su/584222
Not tested at Avisynth x64, hope it will work.

Other bug I will try to fix today's evening. Everyone, thank you for your replies!
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:53   #313  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Great! Thanks!

BTW, someone has tested the various x64 ports of AviSynth? Is it one version that works well?
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:58   #314  |  Link
crl2007

This worked well when I was using it. I now use 2.6.0 32-bit.
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:10   #315  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks! I'll try it asap!
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:08   #316  |  Link
slavanap

New version http://sendfile.su/585738
with path bug fixed and unusual termination bug fixed.
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 07:24   #317  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks!
Old 4th May 2012, 09:24   #318  |  Link
Cedvano

Thanks slavanap ! Good work !
I use it for encode only the right file.

There is an option to encode only the right eye without crop (it's for increase speed encode) ?
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 06:36   #319  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Sorry I did not have much time right now

My GUI In progress What do you think ?

Programing free for all.

Last edited by frencher; 9th May 2012 at 06:41.
Old 9th May 2012, 06:54   #320  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Seems very nice.
Will it encode, or just demux and generate the script to encode?