Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th January 2016, 07:05   #1  |  Link
LilWiz

QTGMC help for a complete beginner having serious struggles...

Hi all. About 2 weeks ago I posted this thread to the Sony Vegas Creative COW forum asking for ideas as to how I could take interlaced TV footage and convert it to 50fps video I can use in Sony Vegas. The deinterlacing methods available in Vegas are primitive and I'm looking to get the best out of the footage I've got. In summary, I want my 1080i (or 576i occasionally) video to be editable in 50fps unlike the 25fps I'm usually forced to work with. The footage I use appears best when using the 'Bob' deinterlacer in VLC.

It was suggested in the thread I posted to look into QTGMC with Avisynth ('in conjunction with VirtualDub', of which I can't appreciate the relevance at this point). I read the absolute basics on the wiki, downloaded the skeleton, but got stuck at the point it asked me to load an .avi file, which I rarely come across in my editing. I tried to find a plugin that would allow me to load .ts files, but had no luck, when windows media player told me it could not open the file. I used an .avs file that read this:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\ffms2.dll")
FFmpegSource2("x:/filename.ts")
I have absolutely no idea if this is even a good start for what I want to do. This was after I had downloaded all the required plugins for QTGMC as outlined by the avisynth wiki. These were all downloaded from assorted websites, and as such I didn't feel confident from the outset. I also didn't even know what was going to be the result if I was successful... would it just open the video file in Windows Media Player with a filter applied? How do I capture the video with these filters permanently applied?

I'm looking to start fresh, and I am extremely keen to learn and would be incredibly grateful for any help I may get from this forum. I'm not sure if many people come here with no previous posts looking to get quick answers, but I understand how annoying that may seem. I'm hoping to get a working solution within maybe a week, but Avisynth appears to be an extremely helpful resourse - as of now I use MediaCoder to trim and convert footage, so I'd love to replace this with a more all-encompassing method.

I've probably left some important information out, so if this is super vague I'm happy to expand on it. Thanks

Also, if anyone wants an example of the kind of footage I'm dealing with, I took a section from a 576i video using VLC and uploaded it to MEGA here. It's from a football game, so safe for work.

Last edited by LilWiz; 24th January 2016 at 07:10.
LilWiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
qtgmc