Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 11th June 2016, 14:23   #20821  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV only supports official Blu-ray m2ts files, if you remux them they probably do not match this strict specification anymore. So, don't. LAV does not support anything else.
Old 11th June 2016, 19:24   #20822  |  Link
Kotik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
LAV only supports official Blu-ray m2ts files, if you remux them they probably do not match this strict specification anymore. So, don't. LAV does not support anything else.
Nev,

This is the FILE and somehow it is working fine in stereoscopic player which as far as i know is using a modified version of your splitter (not sure tho).

If you cannot implement it then i guess i will have to remux all my 3D movies once again with MakeMKV this time.....
Kotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 05:14   #20823  |  Link
PPPPark

nevcairiel,write a Subtitle Filter,LAV has stalled.
PPPPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 05:26   #20824  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotik View Post
Nev,

This is the FILE and somehow it is working fine in stereoscopic player which as far as i know is using a modified version of your splitter (not sure tho).

If you cannot implement it then i guess i will have to remux all my 3D movies once again with MakeMKV this time.....
Confirm. This file play fine with MPC-BE's Mpeg Source(with LAV Video + madVR = 3D playback), but not with LAV Source.
Old 12th June 2016, 11:53   #20825  |  Link
Kotik

Well it seems i got issues with 3D,

In order to test it i force MPC-HC to use EVR-CP and enable MVC decoding in Lav Video config.

Indeed Lav Video Decoder reports msdk mvc and since i am using EVR-CP i get a 2D video which is fine cause i am just testing for issues and issues i get.... lots of them actually, picture is getting corrupt and it is never smooth, mind u i am using a .sffi file so no remuxing.

Same video with Madvr and same issues. The difference here is that i have to pay attention to the video since i cannot activate graphs and observe them. But i do notice that max rendering times jump to 100+.

All this with latest stable Lav or the latest nightly, both give me same results.

The moment i disable MVC decoding in Lav Video everything is playing fine and smooth. Go figure.

I will go ahead and download Life Of Pi 3D full bluray and test it aswell.

Last edited by Kotik; 12th June 2016 at 11:59.
Old 12th June 2016, 14:15   #20826  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotik View Post
download Life Of Pi 3D full bluray
Nope.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 14:35   #20827  |  Link
Kotik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Nope.

I already own a legal version of the movie which i remuxed, and since i want to test a non remuxed version i have to download it.

Original disk not at my office currently. So don't you worry.
Old 12th June 2016, 16:31   #20828  |  Link
Kotik

After futher investigation it seems that tsmuxer is corrupting mvc streams or lav splitter/mvc decoder dont like what tsmuxer is doing to the mvc stream.

I need to perform more tests but by the looks of, it if tsmuxer comes in contact with mvc then lav wont play it smooth. If on the other hand i remux a disc with makemkv or play directly the .ssif file then everything is fine.

Somehow stereoscopic player is able to play my 3d remuxes that were done with tsmuxer.

In any case i will perform more tests, but what i would like to know if Nev is willing to impliment .mvc support in .m2ts files in the future, if not then i will remux all my 3d discs with makemkv.

EDIT: I just now remuxed a movie a movie from .m2ts with mvc included (the one that lav doesnt like) to .iso and after that i remuxed the .iso to .mkv with makemkv and after that lav is working fine. My point is that lav doesnt like it if both h.264 and mvc are muxed into one .m2ts.

So question remains: are u planning in supporting h.264 and mvc muxed into a single .m2ts?

EDIT2: Mpeg Splitter from MPC-BE is able to properly handle H.264 and MVC inside a single .m2ts, so if i force it to be used instead of LAV Splitter then all my remuxes are playing smoothly.

Last edited by Kotik; 12th June 2016 at 17:22.
Old 12th June 2016, 17:22   #20829  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

There are no plans right now to support anything but official Blu-ray streams or MakeMKV MVC-MKV files. Remuxing to m2ts makes no sense as you lose a bunch of extra metadata from the Blu-ray structure, not to mention that its really not a good format to store video in, so I have zero interest in such a format.
Old 12th June 2016, 17:51   #20830  |  Link
Kotik

Quote:
There are no plans right now to support anything but official Blu-ray streams or MakeMKV MVC-MKV files. Remuxing to m2ts makes no sense as you lose a bunch of extra metadata from the Blu-ray structure, not to mention that its really not a good format to store video in, so I have zero interest in such a format.
Thanx for the reply.
Old 12th June 2016, 21:10   #20831  |  Link
baii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPPark View Post
nevcairiel,write a Subtitle Filter,LAV has stalled.
What feature is lacking in existing subtitle filters?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
baii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 07:13   #20832  |  Link
kalehrl

Just a n00bie question.
How do I force MPC-HC to use separately installed LAV filters instead of the ones that came with it?
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 07:22   #20833  |  Link
huhn

go to option -> external filters add all four lavfilter filter (lav* audio decoder, splitter, splitter source, video decoder) set them to prefer.

alternative or additionally go to options-> internal filters and uncheck everything.

for reason unknown i have to deselect all source filter or mpc-hc is always using the internal source splitter.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 08:19   #20834  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Disabling all internal decoders and source filters should be the first step to use system-wide installed DirectShow filters instead. Forcing external filters to be preferred is not necessary.

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th June 2016, 09:02   #20835  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Disabling all internal decoders and source filters should be the first step to use system-wide installed DirectShow filters instead. Forcing external filters to be preferred is not necessary.
the number of installed directshow filters on a PC is unknown and there merit too. or with other word other directshow filter could be used for various reasons.

so preferring lavfilter is a reliable way to make sure it is used and not something else.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 14:19   #20836  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Reminds me on the duality of necessary and sufficient preconditions in maths. Disabling internal filters is certainly a necessary precondition to have MPC-HC use any external DirectShow filter. Preferring LAV Filters may be sufficient to ensure their use among all external filters, but only if the use of internal filters was disabled first.

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th June 2016, 14:23   #20837  |  Link
robl45

I posted on the MadVR thread, thought maybe I should post here as well. I'm trying to get 3D MVC MKV working. I got a small test file from Kodi website and at first I was getting side by side coming up and it was using the mvc decoder in Lav. If I put my projector in side by side mode, it was giving me 3d. I updated my video drivers and now have the 3d option in windows and now when I try the file, windows switches into the 3d resolution. However the image on the screen is now one image but it appears to be just 2d. My projector is locking on and going into 3d mode, but the picture is just flat. I'm not sure what could be wrong at this point. Its also not exiting out of 3d resolution when the file is done.
robl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 14:57   #20838  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV just performs decoding, it has nothing to do with rendering the video in 3D on your screen. Decoding clearly works as you got 3D in SBS mode. Posting the same question in multiple areas of the forum is usually considered against the forum rules, just FYI.
Old 13th June 2016, 15:07   #20839  |  Link
robl45

Quote:
LAV just performs decoding, it has nothing to do with rendering the video in 3D on your screen. Decoding clearly works as you got 3D in SBS mode. Posting the same question in multiple areas of the forum is usually considered against the forum rules, just FYI.
I wasn't sure which one could be causing the issue. So the lav is using the mvc decoder so its working correctly and I can rule that out correct?
robl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 16:43   #20840  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
I wasn't sure which one could be causing the issue. So the lav is using the mvc decoder so its working correctly and I can rule that out correct?
If you got working SBS, then its working fine indeed.
You can always set madVR back to SBS mode to see that.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter