Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th May 2003, 00:01   #1  |  Link
yamyam

Die Another Day

Has anyone done a successful re encode of the new james bond film - Die Another Day, When i try to reencode this film the MI6 Datastream keeps popping up during the movie, this stream needs to be gotten rid of in order to reencode the film successfully but i dont know how ive tried stripping all streams but it still keeps coming up.

Any help is welcome please ?

Any ideas on this problem 2 COOL ?

by the way im working on the pal version of this film.

P.S. if i extract the video stream with vobedit the mi6 stream is extracted as part of it even though the original rip still plays ok.

Last edited by yamyam; 6th May 2003 at 00:08.
yamyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2003, 16:46   #2  |  Link
ElMoO DSV Maker

LOL same problem here

I too am looking for a way around this problem, bu with no luck so far.

Have u noticed, that if u re-encode the file, that when u test the .m2v file in dvd software, that time appears to play about 1/3 of normal time, even though the video is running file, I thinks its due to the other video 'layer' as such is also playing, and it appears through alot of the movie.

If u have any luck, pls let me know, and how you got around it.

Thx
ElMoO DSV Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2003, 05:38   #3  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: Die Another Day

Quote:
Originally posted by yamyam
Has anyone done a successful re encode of the new james bond film - Die Another Day
Hi yamyam,

The official DVD shouldn't be out yet as the available date is set for June 6, 2003. You must the Academy Award screener DVD as my co-worker got one. I gave up trying to help him on it as every so often during the movie, the message stating that it is a screener keeps popping up. This is a watermark used to deter people backing this type of DVD.

I'm going to ask a stupid question but what is a MI6 Datastream?

Update: Disregard above. I found my answers here. Seems the PAL version came out earlier than it's NTSC counterpart. I wonder if... James Bond was an American agent instead, would the region 1 DVD come out first?

Last edited by 2COOL; 8th May 2003 at 07:27.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2003, 17:13   #4  |  Link
yamyam

If bond was an american agent (or an american made film) im almost certain the NTSC version would have come out first, but the problem is the film plays fine as a dvd you can turn the MI6 datastream on or off but if re encoded (ive tried tmpg & dvd2avi, virtual dub & tmpg, avisynth & cce) the MI6 datastream is encoded as part of the movie or if extract with vob edit it still comes out as part of the film ive tried stripping all streams from it with ifoedit but it still remains there, i dont know how to separate the two & are in need of help but i guess ill have to wait until the NTSC version is released & check these forums to get an idea on how to cure this problem.
Old 8th May 2003, 17:37   #5  |  Link
mpucoder

Die Another Day was released first in the UK (country of origin). North American release date is June 3, so we will have to wait to see what's up with the movie.

MI6 is the branch (of Military Intelligence) that Bond works for. So I'm guessing yamyam is talking about a seamless branching feature that keeps popping up to enhance the DVD experience. If that's the case, treat the DVD as you would any multiPGC movie and rip just the PGC you want.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2003, 15:55   #6  |  Link
yamyam

Thanks for the tip mpucoder, i extracted the PGC that contains just the film & that worked ok ive since re encoded the film (with the ifoedit template) but when i remux using ifoedit the film and audio are well out of sync & the MI6 datastream audio keeps coming over the film soundtrack and is causing coloured blockyness on the screen. This is not a stream ifoedit will strip, is there any way to strip the PGC that contains it ?.
Old 11th May 2003, 02:52   #7  |  Link
FH2

This DVD has 2 Angles: Most of the Time both angles refer to the same VOB ID, but there are also some scenes where one Vob ID is for the movie and the following one is for the MI6. Althrough there are 2 PGCs with full lenght movie, both contains both angels and all VOBIDs (imo the only difference is the pre/post commands) (p.e. Movie goes VOBID 31..32..33..35..36 and MI6 goes VOBID 31..32..34..35..36) So if you extract one certain PGC, you have still both angels and some scenes two times in the stream.

Because (at least on german r2 dvd) the movie only is about 7GB i've removed the MI6 stream and the menu. if you also want to do a movie-only copy, i suggest the following:

- open the VTS 01 within IFOedit->VobTools and select 'Keep only angle 1', addidionally you may remove streams you need no more
- now you should have another VTS01-TitleSet which is about 1-2 GB smaller, but still too big for a DVDR (my videostream had about 4,5 GB)
- but now you can process the new DVD Structure with IC or DoItFast4U(*) . I used the second one and the copy worked fine.

(*) Althrough DoItFast4U can handle Multiangle DVDs (regarding to audio and video) it messed up the timestamps regarding to subtitles. so ifoedit is still needed and maybe imgtool for building an image with the temporal dvd-structure.

Last edited by FH2; 11th May 2003 at 02:59.
FH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2003, 19:54   #8  |  Link
Mancubas

Quote:
Originally posted by FH2
This DVD has 2 Angles: Most of the Time both angles refer to the same VOB ID, but there are also some scenes where one Vob ID is for the movie and the following one is for the MI6. Althrough there are 2 PGCs with full lenght movie, both contains both angels and all VOBIDs (imo the only difference is the pre/post commands) (p.e. Movie goes VOBID 31..32..33..35..36 and MI6 goes VOBID 31..32..34..35..36) So if you extract one certain PGC, you have still both angels and some scenes two times in the stream.

Because (at least on german r2 dvd) the movie only is about 7GB i've removed the MI6 stream and the menu. if you also want to do a movie-only copy, i suggest the following:

- open the VTS 01 within IFOedit->VobTools and select 'Keep only angle 1', addidionally you may remove streams you need no more
- now you should have another VTS01-TitleSet which is about 1-2 GB smaller, but still too big for a DVDR (my videostream had about 4,5 GB)
- but now you can process the new DVD Structure with IC or DoItFast4U(*) . I used the second one and the copy worked fine.

(*) Althrough DoItFast4U can handle Multiangle DVDs (regarding to audio and video) it messed up the timestamps regarding to subtitles. so ifoedit is still needed and maybe imgtool for building an image with the temporal dvd-structure.
I have a very strange issue when I follow your instructions for this movie, using IFOEdit v0.95 it gets to the very end, when I click OK IFOEdit crashes and I end up back at the desktop, when this happens it does not write the IFO files yet it creates the VOBS correctly, does anybody have any idea's?

PS: I have XP, is this a problem?
Mancubas is offline   Reply With Quote