Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th February 2015, 14:42   #1301  |  Link
newnews

open BD-SUP error

Hello, I extracted the subtitle stream(BD PGS) from mkv file. Then I open the this .sup file with BDSup2Sub and save it to idx/sub. I can only see 20 lines. If I open this .sup file, I am able to see all 1300+ lines, but that software does not give option to save as idx/sub, so I still want to use BDSup2Sub. The error log while opening the sup file is:

Loading E:\Edge.of.Tomorrow\Edge.of.Tomorrow.2014.3D.BluRay.x264.DTS.track3_eng.sup
#> 1 (00:00:15.599)
#> 2 (00:00:37.621)
WARNING: Missing PDS/ODS: last epoch is discarded
#> 2 (00:00:39.039)
#> 3 (00:00:40.791)
#> 3 (00:00:42.918)
#> 4 (00:00:45.003)
#> 4 (00:00:45.921)
#> 5 (00:00:48.006)
#> 5 (00:00:49.717)
WARNING: Invalid image size - ignored
#> 5 (00:00:51.760)
#> 6 (00:00:53.053)
#> 6 (00:00:54.847)
WARNING: <unknown> 0x50 ofs:0x0006a035
ERROR: PG missing at index 0x0006e742

Detected 0 forced captions.
WARNING: missing end time of frame 6 -> fixed
Decoding frame 1/6 at offset 0x00000108

Please advice.
newnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 04:48   #1302  |  Link
igboo

Is there a way to directly edit a blu-ray pgs stream? I specifically would like to be able to add subtitles to an existing .sup.

Cheers
igboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 13:05   #1303  |  Link
jpsdr

You can't "Edit" in a text way a pgs stream, because it's made of pictures, it's not text dialog lines.
jpsdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 19:20   #1304  |  Link
DoctorM

@igboo:

1) Okay, first create an SRT file with just the new subtitles you wish to add. Make sure the timing and everything are right.
2) Use a program like goSUP to turn your new SRT file into a BD SUP file. Try to match the colors, font and positions of your old subtitles because you can't change this later.
3) In BDSup2Sub load your old SUP file and then select output as XML/PNG to a folder. Call the output something like 'Original'.
4) In BDSup2Sub load your add-on SUP file and again output and save as XML/PNG. Save them to the same folder you put the output from step 3 in and name the files something like 'ADDON'.
5) Open the OLD and ADDON .XML files in Wordpad. Copy the relevant sections of code from your addon subs into the old subs and save it under a new name keeping an .XML extension.

The pieces you are copying in the .XML should be ONLY between EVENT tags. There will be one entry for each new line you are adding. (Similarly you can delete a line between these tags.)
Don't copy anything else. So a section should look like this:
Code:
    <Event InTC="00:03:09:11" OutTC="00:03:11:06" Forced="False">
      <Graphic Width="575" Height="130" X="673" Y="888">ADDON_0005.png</Graphic>
    </Event>
It appears each line of <EVENT> needs to be in time code order, so make sure you copy them in that way to the XML file.

6) Load the new .XML in BDSup2Sub and save it as a BD SUP file. Done.

Last edited by DoctorM; 24th February 2015 at 19:52.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 00:34   #1305  |  Link
igboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
@igboo:

Done.

Thanks for the detailed method DoctorM. I've been looking for a way to do this for quite a while.

I'll give it a try when I get a chance over the next several nights.

Cheers
igboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:46   #1306  |  Link
an3k

So I have this BD subtitle file taken directly from a Blu-ray I own. It's the german Avatar BD which contains all three editions (original cinema, extended cinema, collector's cut). https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjhkwtyzng..._4612.sup?dl=0 This one is for the collector's cut.

When I open it with the Java version 5.1.2 it finds 1487 frames but many of them have errors like missing end time. Frame 710 has a 1920x1080 sized subpicture and its content is shown in the little preview windows in the bottom right corner (and also in both top and bottom preview windows but you have to scroll). Frame 712 also has a 1920x1080 sized subpicture but its content is NOT shown anywhere.
It is shown with these informations:
Code:
screen size: 1920x1080   image size: 1920x1080   pos: (0,0) - (1920,1080)   start: 01:10:01.130   end: 01:10:03.757   forced: yes

screen size: 1920x1080   image size: 1920x1080   pos: (0,0) - (1920,1080)   start: 01:10:01.120   end: 01:10:03.760   forced: yes
Now I export to PNG/XML and I get 1.487 png files - one for each frame. The file for frame 710 is 1920x1080 and has actual text. The one for frame 712 is completely empty (size is the same as for frame 710 but no subtitle, just an empty picture).
If I open the XML in eg. Chrome or Notepad and jump to frame 710 I see
Code:
<Event InTC="01:09:56:22" OutTC="01:09:59:13" Forced="True">
  <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="0" Y="0">original_0710.png</Graphic>
</Event>
Why is BDSup2Sub modifying the timings? Why differ the timings in BDSup2Sub so much from those in the XML file (which is created by BDSup2Sub)? Roughly 5 seconds! Why is the content of frame 710 shown a little bit awkward and the content of frame 712 not at all?

If I open the same file in the Qt version 1.0.2 it finds 1492 frames (because some frames are just split - frame XYZ with a duration of 1000 gets split into two frames with a duration of 500 each) but no errors at all. Frame 710 (now frame 711) is shown in the both top and bottom preview windows but not in the small in the bottom right corner. Same for Frame 712 (713).
When I export to PNG/XML I get 1.971 png files. Some frames have only one png file, some have two png files and some have 3 or more. Frame 710 (711) has two. One is 1920x1080 with the subtitle in the top left corner and one is 827x126 and contains the subtitle beautifully centered. Frame 712 (713) has also two png files in the same format and style as for 710 (711).

If I open the same file in Subtitle Edit it finds 1.487 frames, no errors at all but slightly different timings than in BDSup2Sub or the XML file. Frame 710 has 01:10:01,130 - 01:10:03,758 (duration 2,628).

If I finally open the XML file I created with BDSup2Sub Java in BDSup2Sub I again get different behavior and timings. Frame 710 is now correctly shown in all three preview windows with the following informations:
Code:
screen size: 1920x1080   image size: 800x92   pos: (563,806) - (1363,898)   start: 01:10:01.114   end: 01:10:03.742   forced: yes

screen size: 1920x1080   image size: 800x92   pos: (563,806) - (1363,898)   start: 01:10:01.120   end: 01:10:03.760   forced: yes
However, frame 712 cannot be shown at all.

Actually I need three tools to fix a "broken" BDsup. BDSup2Sub Java, BDSup2Sub Qt and Subtitle Edit. I use Java to create a valid XML and most png files. Qt to get the png files Java wasn't able to read/create correctly. Subtitle Edit to get the correct timings.

Last edited by an3k; 23rd June 2015 at 11:21.
an3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:24   #1307  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I can perhaps explain why you have timing differences. The first reason is that BDSup2Sub re-arranges the timings to be in sync with the frames of the video stream. For example, the end time in your first example (01:10:03.757) is probably not exactly the time code of a specific video frame at 23.976fps. Therefore, it rounds it to the nearest frame, and that gives 01:10:03.760.

The big differences in timings you have noticed when converting to XML/PNG is probably due to a bug in the GUI and/or command line. I don't use the GUI often and therefore I can't be sure, but I know that you have to specify the input and output frame rate when you use the command line, as otherwise BDSup2Sub does a conversion (probably to 25 fps) anyway! The correct option for the java version and for a BD@23.976fps is --convert-fps 24p,24p (or --fps-source 24p --fps-target 24p for the ++ version). Note the terrible syntax: 24p doesn't mean 24fps, but 23.976! You have already the example of 2 bugs: the necessity to add the options to convert the frame rate to NOT convert it, and the discrepancy in the syntax of the frame rate. But if you use BDSup2Sub.jar from the CLI, it is possible to obtain correct results. (The rounding of the time codes will occur anyway, but it's not really a bug.) I suppose that you can play with the frame rate option in the first window of the GUI to obtain the same result, but I have never tried.

I don't know why subtitle #712 is not visible. Indeed, it's a big problem. I know that some BD subtitles have special effects like fades that can confuse BDSup2Sub, and it's probably why BDSup2Sub++ generates several images instead of only one. The Java version is supposed to drop the invisible images and retain only the "best" one. Maybe there is another bug here and it keeps the fully transparent image?

I don't use Subtitle Edit with BD3D2MK3D, simply because it cannot do what I need, and anyway, most conversions cannot be done from the CLI. But I like it when I need to convert manually a text based subtitle stream to BD SUP. As far as I know, it has no bugs.

I wonder if it is justified to accuse BDSup2Sub of all problems you have had. As explained above, the timing problem is certainly a bug, but it can be solved. However, the other problems (such as the invisible subtitle or the multiple PNGs produced by the ++ version) are probably due mainly to your stream. According to the numerous error messages, that stream is seriously damaged. And that reminds me something I have discovered when I have converted Avatar 3D for the first time. At that time, BD3D2AVS (as it was called then) was using eac3to to demux the 3D MPLS. That worked well for the video and audio streams, but in some cases, it was impossible to demux the subtitles correctly. It's because in some 3DBDs (notably Avatar), the same subtitles are present with the same stream ID in the M2TS of the AVC view and in the M2TS of the MVC view. Most of the times, the subtitles are present in the AVC M2TS only, but for a reason I have never understood, there are exceptions. Since eac3to tries to demux the SSIF file (containing the AVC and MVC M2TS files joined together), it finds two different streams with the same ID, and it tries to demux them as one single stream. Of course, that cause numerous conflicts. Luckily, tsMuxeR 3D has not the same problem, and it can demux the subtitle streams correctly even in that precise case. Therefore, I suspect that perhaps the demuxer you have used may be the culprit. Anyway, if you have used eac3to, try tsMuxeR. (This apply only to the 3DBDs, but perhaps there are other problems when demuxing the 2D BDs too.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 23rd June 2015 at 12:28.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:38   #1308  |  Link
an3k

First of all thank you very much for feedback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I can perhaps explain why you have timing differences. The first reason is that BDSup2Sub re-arranges the timings to be in sync with the frames of the video stream. For example, the end time in your first example (01:10:03.757) is probably not exactly the time code of a specific video frame at 23.976fps. Therefore, it rounds it to the nearest frame, and that gives 01:10:03.760.
Can this be turned off somehow?

Quote:
The big differences in timings you have noticed when converting to XML/PNG is probably due to a bug in the GUI and/or command line. I don't use the GUI often and therefore I can't be sure, but I know that you have to specify the input and output frame rate when you use the command line, as otherwise BDSup2Sub does a conversion (probably to 25 fps) anyway! The correct option for the java version and for a BD@23.976fps is --convert-fps 24p,24p (or --fps-source 24p --fps-target 24p for the ++ version). Note the terrible syntax: 24p doesn't mean 24fps, but 23.976! You have already the example of 2 bugs: the necessity to add the options to convert the frame rate to NOT convert it, and the discrepancy in the syntax of the frame rate. But if you use BDSup2Sub.jar from the CLI, it is possible to obtain correct results. (The rounding of the time codes will occur anyway, but it's not really a bug.) I suppose that you can play with the frame rate option in the first window of the GUI to obtain the same result, but I have never tried.
I never used the CLI before but now I tried by following your advise. I ran C:\Program Files x86)\BDsup2sub>java -jar BDSup2Sub.jar --convert-fps 24p,24p --output C:\temp\temp.xml C:\00802.track_4612.sup and it created a new xml and plenty of png files. I compared the xml with the one I created with the GUI and the timings are exactly the same.
Whenever I used the GUI to load a BDsup I manually set "FPS Target" to 23.976 since it defaults to 25. BDSup2Sub.jar doesn't convert FPS when you export to BDsup but when exporting to eg. PNG/XML (I never tried the other formats) even when the "Change frame rate" checkbox is NOT checked.

Quote:
I don't know why subtitle #712 is not visible. Indeed, it's a big problem. I know that some BD subtitles have special effects like fades that can confuse BDSup2Sub, and it's probably why BDSup2Sub++ generates several images instead of only one. The Java version is supposed to drop the invisible images and retain only the "best" one. Maybe there is another bug here and it keeps the fully transparent image?
Even the Qt version is having problems with the BDsup and eg. frame 712. It says its position is something like -2235234,-3425634 and when I open the "Edit Frame" window a memory leak happens. It constantly uses 25% CPU and eats up RAM up to 2 GB before it finally gets closed by Windows because it doesn't "respond". However, exporting is working fine.

Quote:
I don't use Subtitle Edit with BD3D2MK3D, simply because it cannot do what I need, and anyway, most conversions cannot be done from the CLI. But I like it when I need to convert manually a text based subtitle stream to BD SUP. As far as I know, it has no bugs.

I wonder if it is justified to accuse BDSup2Sub of all problems you have had. As explained above, the timing problem is certainly a bug, but it can be solved. However, the other problems (such as the invisible subtitle or the multiple PNGs produced by the ++ version) are probably due mainly to your stream. According to the numerous error messages, that stream is seriously damaged. And that reminds me something I have discovered when I have converted Avatar 3D for the first time.
Well, neither BDSup2Sub++ nor Subtitle Edit is showing any errors. It's just the Java version. And I do not use the Avatar 3D, I use the 2D Blu-ray!
Quote:
At that time, BD3D2AVS (as it was called then) was using eac3to to demux the 3D MPLS. That worked well for the video and audio streams, but in some cases, it was impossible to demux the subtitles correctly. It's because in some 3DBDs (notably Avatar), the same subtitles are present with the same stream ID in the M2TS of the AVC view and in the M2TS of the MVC view. Most of the times, the subtitles are present in the AVC M2TS only, but for a reason I have never understood, there are exceptions. Since eac3to tries to demux the SSIF file (containing the AVC and MVC M2TS files joined together), it finds two different streams with the same ID, and it tries to demux them as one single stream. Of course, that cause numerous conflicts. Luckily, tsMuxeR 3D has not the same problem, and it can demux the subtitle streams correctly even in that precise case. Therefore, I suspect that perhaps the demuxer you have used may be the culprit. Anyway, if you have used eac3to, try tsMuxeR. (This apply only to the 3DBDs, but perhaps there are other problems when demuxing the 2D BDs too.)
I used the latest tsMuxer to extract the BDsup from the MPLS/M2TS.

I also experienced another bug. I open the original BDsup in the java version and export it as PNG/XML. The entry for the first frame is
Code:
    <Event InTC="00:00:39:18" OutTC="00:00:42:01" Forced="False">
      <Graphic Width="1079" Height="62" X="416" Y="825">orig_0001.png</Graphic>
    </Event>
Now I open that XML in BDSup2Sub.jar and export it as PNG/XML again. The entry for the first frame is now
Code:
    <Event InTC="00:00:39:18" OutTC="00:00:42:01" Forced="False">
      <Graphic Width="1077" Height="60" X="417" Y="826">new_0001.png</Graphic>
    </Event>
I also have to restart BDSup2Sub.jar (or "Close" the loaded BDsup) after exporting because otherwise it doesn't actually use the XML data but the BDsup data.

Is the Java or Qt version still maintained or if not is there any other tool which I can use to modify BDsup files?
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:03   #1309  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

As far as I know, the development of the two versions has stopped. However, the source files are available, and it should be possible to continue to develop at least one of them, if someone is interested. It's not my case, sorry.

Thanks anyway for your comments.

I don't think that it is possible to turn off the rounding of the time codes.

The fact that the command line with the --convert-fps option gives the same result than the GUI is strange. Honestly, I don't understand. Have you verified if the frame rate in the XML is correct?

The absurd X/Y positions you've seen in BDSup2Sub++ is also a known bug of that version. And I remember I have had many problems to capture the error messages of BDSup2Sub++ (when using the CLI). It uses a strange method that redirects the messages to a window. I have reported that problem to the author, but he has assured me that it's a QT "feature", and that there is no way to use the stderr stream "normally". Anyway, it's perhaps why you can't see the error messages in the GUI. And Subtitle Edit may be much more tolerant than BDSup2Sub. I don't know.

For the difference of 1 pixel of the width and height of the bitmaps, it's probably because the subtitles are not cropped exactly the same way with the two versions. Have you verified if the width and height of the XML corresponds to the real size of the PNG?
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:49   #1310  |  Link
an3k

Quote:
As far as I know, the development of the two versions has stopped. However, the source files are available, and it should be possible to continue to develop at least one of them, if someone is interested. It's not my case, sorry.
Ok, maybe I'll take a look once I've finished my current project. Depends on how well the code is written. However, I'll only be able to develop the Java version since I have no clue how to do the Qt C++ stuff.

Quote:
Thanks anyway for your comments.

I don't think that it is possible to turn off the rounding of the time codes.

The fact that the command line with the --convert-fps option gives the same result than the GUI is strange. Honestly, I don't understand. Have you verified if the frame rate in the XML is correct?
Yes, framerate is correct in the XML. Maybe the XML/PNG specification doesn't support the time format used by BSsups (hh:mm:ss.sss) but only its own (hh:mm:ss.ss) so BDSup2Sub has to convert and thus round the times. BUT if you compare the timings of a BDsub and those of an previously extracted XML opened in another BDSup2Sub instace, the timings are identical. So either the XML spec doesn't support the more exact timings (down to 1 ms) and BDSup2Sub is aware of that and converts the timings accordingly when exporting to XML and as well when loading an XML OR this timings convertion is BDSup2Sub specific. The later would be really annoying.

[QUOTE=r0lZ;1727459]The absurd X/Y positions you've seen in BDSup2Sub++ is also a known bug of that version. And I remember I have had many problems to capture the error messages of BDSup2Sub++ (when using the CLI). It uses a strange method that redirects the messages to a window. I have reported that problem to the author, but he has assured me that it's a QT "feature", and that there is no way to use the stderr stream "normally". Anyway, it's perhaps why you can't see the error messages in the GUI. And Subtitle Edit may be much more tolerant than BDSup2Sub. I don't know.[QUOTE]At least BDSup2Sub++ can export the pictures. With the help of both versions and Notepad I was able to fix my BDsup completely.

Quote:
For the difference of 1 pixel of the width and height of the bitmaps, it's probably because the subtitles are not cropped exactly the same way with the two versions. Have you verified if the width and height of the XML corresponds to the real size of the PNG?
I didn't compared the two versions. I opened the BDsup in BDSup2Sub.jar and exported as XML/PNG. Then I closed the program, reopened it, loaded the previously extracted XML and exported it again. I compared these two XML versions both made by BDSup2Sub.jar. However I identified why there is a difference.
When opening a picture based subtitle file BDS2S.jar scans the pictures for non-alpha content and places that green border around it. Based on that the picture size is calculated. But BDS2S.jar leaves a 1 pixel space around the actual non-alpha content, identifying a picure as eg. 200x100. If you now export and open that exported version BDS2S.jar scans again but this time it doesn't (or maybe can't) leave a 1 pixel space around, thus identifying the same picture as 198x98. However, it correctly adjusts the position of the picture so a 200x100 picture located at 800x800 will result in a picture of 198x98 located at 801x801. The subtitle is actually at the same position.

How I repaired my broken BDsup file:
  1. Opened the original BDsup in BDSup2Sub.jar GUI and made sure "FPS Target" is set to the correct FPS of the subtitle file.
  2. Exported as XML/PNG to eg. C:\movie_orig\orig.xml
  3. Opened the original BDsup in BDSup2Sub++ GUI and made sure "FPS Target" is set to the correct FPS of the subtitle file.
  4. Exported as XML/PNG to eg. C:\movie_qt\qt.xml
  5. Moved everything in C:\movie_qt\ into C:\movie_orig\
  6. Opened C:\movie_orig\orig.xml in Notepad and C:\movie_qt\qt.xml in another Notepad instance.
  7. In orig.xml I searched for each appearance of "1920" to find the malformed subtitle pictures and copied the correspoding line from qt.xml, overwriting the one in orig.xml
    Code:
    orig.xml
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="0" Y="0">orig_0165.png</Graphic>
    Code:
    qt.xml
          <Graphic Width="757" Height="125" X="587" Y="788">qt_0165_0.png</Graphic>
    If qt.xml had more than one png file for a frame I had to manually check with Windows Explorer to find the correct png file.
  8. However I also had these three entries
    Code:
    orig.xml
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="0" Y="0">orig_0710.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
        <Event InTC="01:10:00:16" OutTC="01:10:02:12" Forced="True">
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="0" Y="0">orig_0712.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
        <Event InTC="01:52:34:04" OutTC="01:52:37:20" Forced="True">
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="0" Y="0">orig_1085.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
    Code:
    qt.xml
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="-2147483648" Y="-2147483648">qt_0711_0.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="-2147483648" Y="-2147483648">qt_0713_0.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="-2147483648" Y="-2147483648">qt_1089_0.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
    so I had to fix these too but differently than before.
  9. Opened orig_0710.png, orig_0712.png and orig_1085.png in a simple image viewer to see if these pictures contain actual non-alpha content (subtitle text) or are 100% empty. If a picture is empty I replaced just the filename in orig.xml with the one from qt.xml. In my case only orig_0712.png is empty, thus I replaced
    Code:
    orig.xml
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="0" Y="0">orig_0712.png</Graphic>
    with
    Code:
    qt.xml
          <Graphic Width="1920" Height="1080" X="0" Y="0">qt_0713_1.png</Graphic>
    I also checked qt_0713_0.png and qt_0713_1.png for its content. qt_0713_0.png is 567x102 but in the XML 1920x1080 is specified, thus I used qt_0713_1.png which is 1920x1080.
  10. Saved the orig.xml and closed everything
  11. Opened orig.xml with BDS2S.jar GUI
  12. Checked for the three malformed frames 710, 712 and 1085 and all are correctly read by BDS2S.jar GUI but only frame 712 is not correctly placed (because neither BDS2S.jar nor BDS2S++ were able to a) write the correct position into the XML or b) write a 1920x1080 png file with the non-alpha content at its correct position).
  13. Manually edited the frame 712 to match the position of frame 710.
  14. Exported as XML/PNG to eg. C:\movie_final\final.xml
  15. Opened C:\movie_final\final.xml in Notepad and checked the three malformed frames
    Code:
    final.xml
          <Graphic Width="800" Height="92" X="563" Y="806">final_0710.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
          <Graphic Width="553" Height="69" X="686" Y="806">final_0712.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
          <Graphic Width="561" Height="92" X="686" Y="806">final_1085.png</Graphic>
        </Event>
  16. Everything is fine now!
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:45   #1311  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I see. Not easy to do that manually! Maybe if you have to do that several times, you should fix the source code instead. That will tale less time! ;-)
Seriously, if you decide to work on the source, please let me know. I know also a couple of bugs related to the palette generated for the VobSub format, and I have some suggestions.
Thanks in advance!
Old 6th July 2015, 16:52   #1312  |  Link
cool_snoopy

load sup ripped with projectx

The revolution of a dvb ts is 1920x1080.
I rip sup and idx/sub from ts with projectx, but BDSup2Sub cannot load the sup file directly, the error message is "Offset xxxx out of bound..."
After I rename the corresponding IFO file as the sup file, BDSup2Sub can load the sup file with many warnings, and the revolution is 720x576.
How to load the ripped sup file with BDSup2Sub? Or How to rip sup from dvb ts at original revolution?
Thank you very much.
cool_snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 08:42   #1313  |  Link
Ghitulescu

The IFO is not related to the HD subtitles if this is what you wanna know. The IFO is a convenience file put there to help the future processing of the SD (standard definition) subtitles, in particular the colours.

These being said I do not go into the nasty job of asking you if you know how to extract the HD subtitles with ProjectX. I assume you know it
Old 9th July 2015, 03:47   #1314  |  Link
cool_snoopy

The language of TS is Traditional Chinese
Sup is ripped by PorjectX
BDSup2Sub cannot load the sup file, the error message is "Offset xxxx out of bound..."
Not only BDSup2Sub, but also BDSubEdit and SupRip cannot load the sup file
I tried several TS files, only got the same errors
Old 9th July 2015, 12:32   #1315  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I then suggest you to learn first how to extract the subtitles with ProjectX. I did and still do this and there are no problems at all.

But this is off-topic.
Old 12th July 2015, 14:38   #1316  |  Link
cool_snoopy

Allow me to describe more clear.
The subtitle is shown in traditional Chinese. It's DVB subtitle, not DVB teletext
Quote:
General
ID : 1 (0x1)
Complete name : H:\v\HDJ.Last.Paradise.S5.EP01.2011.HDTV.1080i.H.264.AC3.5.1.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 2.19 GiB
Duration : 24mn 42s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 12.7 Mbps

Video
ID : 851 (0x353)
Menu ID : 85 (0x55)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
Codec ID : 27
Bit rate : 11.5 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.221
Stream size : 1.98 GiB (90%)
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Color range : Limited

Audio #1
ID : 852 (0x354)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : 6
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -1s 128ms
Stream size : 33.9 MiB (2%)

Audio #2
ID : 853 (0x355)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -1s 150ms
Stream size : 67.9 MiB (3%)

Text #1
ID : 855 (0x357)
Format : DVB Subtitle
Language : Chinese

Text #2
ID : 856 (0x358)
Language : English

Text #3
ID : 857 (0x359)
Language : chs
No matter which export format I select on Subtitle Setting tab, ProjectX only create sup file. If I check "additional export as VobSub", ProjectX will also create standard VobSub. I use BDSup2Sub to load the sub file, the shape looks much different with the subtitle shown during playing. I upsize it to 1280x720 and export, the exported sub is very ugly and unacceptable, this maybe because the shape looks different.
BDSup2Sub, BDSubEdit and SupRip cannot load the sup file ripped by ProjectX. SupViewer, Subtitle Edit and BDSup2Sub++ can load the entire sup file, SupRead can only load first frame, they all assume the revolution to be 720x576. Even though I check "enable HD subtitle", those softwares still assume the same revolution.
If I use BDSup2Sub to load the ripped sub, upsize it to 1280x720 and export it to sup, all the softwares above can load the entire exported sup, except SupViewer, it showes error message.

All I want to do are the following things
1. Rip sup from ts at original revolution and shape
2. Load the sup file with BDSup2Sub, downsize it to 1280x720 and export it to sub

So all I want to know is how to rip standart sup from ts at original revolution, that's why I post another thread first
Old 15th July 2015, 05:17   #1317  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

You already have the Sup files in original resolution, that's what it imports. BDSup2Sub converts Blu-ray subtitles to DVD subtitles, what other behavior would you expect? DVD SUB files are always DVD resolution. Only saving to Sony BDN XML will retain full resolution, after which you can batch process all the png files down to 1280x720 and convert them back to SUP.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather just convert them to text subtitles and forget the resolution problems?
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 07:16   #1318  |  Link
DoctorM

I was taking a look at Avatar (the 2D Collector's Edition with the 3 versions).
I found that v5.1.2 shows blank frames with "WARNING: Problems during RLE decoding of picture OBJ at offset 0x003e1c0e" for anything in the Navi font.

v5.0 and ++1.0.2 work just fine. Something has definitely gone wrong with the newer versions of BDSup2Sub.
I know this has been discussed, but is anyone looking into it?

Last edited by DoctorM; 22nd July 2015 at 07:21.
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:47   #1319  |  Link
an3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I was taking a look at Avatar (the 2D Collector's Edition with the 3 versions).
I found that v5.1.2 shows blank frames with "WARNING: Problems during RLE decoding of picture OBJ at offset 0x003e1c0e" for anything in the Navi font.

v5.0 and ++1.0.2 work just fine. Something has definitely gone wrong with the newer versions of BDSup2Sub.
I know this has been discussed, but is anyone looking into it?
I hadn't the time yet, sorry. I'll post any news into this thread so you should subscribe to get an email
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:35   #1320  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an3k View Post
I hadn't the time yet, sorry. I'll post any news into this thread so you should subscribe to get an email
Already am. Thanks.