Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 26th February 2012, 17:49   #1141  |  Link
Bloax
The speed of stupid

Might want to use this one instead, since it's more mature and stuff.

And yes, FluxSmooth ought to behave just fine.

Oh, and there shouldn't be a big difference between mode 1 and 2, except for the higher memory usage of 2. (For the bonus of being compatible with lots of plugins.)
Bloax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 00:05   #1142  |  Link
bcn_246

Is there any way tsp (or somebody else, the source code is provided) could edit this (MT v0.7) for use with AviSynth v2.6 (alpha 3). At the moment 2.6 supports MT using SetMTMode(... but can't use this DLL's MT(filter(.... (throws up a version incompatibility error).

Only thing stopping me from moving from 2.5.8 at the moment, SetMTMode(... is far slower than MT(...

TIA

Ben

Last edited by bcn_246; 3rd November 2012 at 00:08.
bcn_246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 11:36   #1143  |  Link
martin53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn_246 View Post
MT v0.7 with AviSynth v2.6 throws up a version incompatibility error
I'd like to support that request. Same issue here.
martin53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 00:47   #1144  |  Link
aldix

Finally got MT.dll working for my set-up. However, for the life of me I can't make it work with MVTools.

Relevant script snip:

Code:
src=last
src_sup=src.MSuper(pel=1,sharp=2,rfilter=2)
shp=src.SeeSaw(nrlimit=0, nrlimit2=99, bias=55, sstr=1.25, Spower=2, Szp=10, Sdamplo=3, SdampHi=16, Slimit=99,  sootheT=0, sootheS=0).mergechroma(src)
shp_sup=shp.MSuper(pel=1,sharp=2)
bv2=MAnalyse(src_sup,isb=true,delta=2,overlap=4,truemotion=false,search=5,sadx264=4,lambda=500,chroma=true)
bv1=MAnalyse(src_sup,isb=true,delta=1,overlap=4,truemotion=false,search=5,sadx264=4,lambda=500,chroma=true)
fv1=MAnalyse(src_sup,isb=false,delta=1,overlap=4,truemotion=false,search=5,sadx264=4,lambda=500,chroma=true)
fv2=MAnalyse(src_sup,isb=false,delta=2,overlap=4,truemotion=false,search=5,sadx264=4,lambda=500,chroma=true)
src.MDegrain2(shp_sup,bv1,fv1,bv2,fv2)
How could wrap this with MT so that it actually works? It gives either 'invalid arguments' error or secondary vectors having incorrect width error.
I can't understand what's going on nor does there seem to be any information on the web.

I'd really appreciate a reply, thanks.
aldix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 02:26   #1145  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldix View Post
How could wrap this with MT so that it actually works? It gives either 'invalid arguments' error or secondary vectors having incorrect width error.
I can't understand what's going on nor does there seem to be any information on the web.

I'd really appreciate a reply, thanks.
As an example, here is something I used successfully a loooong time ago with 2.5.7 and MT():
Code:
function RemoveNoise2MT(clip video, int "threshold")
{
  threshold = default(threshold, 300)
  last = video

MT("sc = MSuper()
  backward_vector2 = MAnalyse(sc, isb =  true, delta = 2, blksize = 16, overlap = 4, truemotion = false)
  backward_vector1 = MAnalyse(sc, isb =  true, delta = 1, blksize = 16, overlap = 4, truemotion = false)
  forward_vector1  = MAnalyse(sc, isb = false, delta = 1, blksize = 16, overlap = 4, truemotion = false)
  forward_vector2  = MAnalyse(sc, isb = false, delta = 2, blksize = 16, overlap = 4, truemotion = false)
  MDegrain2(sc, backward_vector1, forward_vector1, backward_vector2, forward_vector2, thSAD = threshold)", threads = 4, overlap = 20)

return last
}
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 03:13   #1146  |  Link
aldix

Hmm, yeah... thanks, but I don't know how it could help me, it's essentially the same example MVTools tutorial offers for MT.dll use.
What I require is somewhat more complex, does MT.dll not fasciliate that or what?

Last edited by aldix; 11th January 2014 at 03:19.
Old 11th January 2014, 11:43   #1147  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Hmm, yeah... thanks, but I don't know how it could help me, it's essentially the same example MVTools tutorial offers for MT.dll use.
What I require is somewhat more complex, does MT.dll not fasciliate that or what?
Your question was about making MVTools work with MT() and I gave you a working example.

However, your problem seems to be invalid parameters to SeeSaw which has nothing to do with MT().
I suggest you read up on the documentation for SeeSaw.
Old 11th January 2014, 14:32   #1148  |  Link
aldix

Lol, what invalid parameters? Now suddenly something that has worked all this time is invalid? I even got the same kind of config from Doom9, to boot.

My question was precisely how to make MVTools work with my example which has two super clips etc. Then you gave me a vanilla example with only one, just like in MVTools docs.

But nvm, thanks for nothing.

As usual, I'll think about it / look at it until I figure out what's wrong. Was mistaken in taking my problem here.
Old 11th January 2014, 17:43   #1149  |  Link
aldix

As always, figured it out on my own, with the magnificent help of one old post by Didee (as per usual )

And BS on SeeSaw options being invalid
Old 11th January 2014, 18:02   #1150  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
And BS on SeeSaw options being invalid
Hm, I tried your exact SeeSaw line and it gave me the same errors.

Quote:
Was mistaken in taking my problem here.
Quote:
As always, figured it out on my own
Why do you post questions here at all?
I guess it's a perfect reflection of your character that you're not sharing your solution.
Old 11th January 2014, 18:48   #1151  |  Link
aldix

Yes. I'm all bad but getting an incomplete answer to a perfectly fine question is all honky-dory. And I figured I'd ask the experts because I was stumped. But as always, experts are rude and dismissive,
hence my disappointed response.

For the record, search Doom9 for denoise-stabilization and you'll see that this use of SeeSaw is perfectly good and any errors you might encounter most likely stem from your setup.

I can't even imagine what error(s) you're getting but given that you're overall extremely vague (to say the least) and unforthcoming (reflective of your character, perhaps?) I can't offer any useful/helpful input either.

For the sake of clearing the air, fix turned out to be extremely simple - had to use full syntax (threads=4, overlap=8, splitvertical=false) and then wrapping everything within MT worked.

Don't ask me why this made any difference (I'm not a programmer nor a technical person and doing video encoding as hobby, hence my knowledge is mostly that of patchwork), but thankfully got the clue, as I noted, from an old post of Didee the master.
Old 19th May 2014, 14:55   #1152  |  Link
MichaelRow

Is it worked with AviSynth 2.6 alpha 5? Seems that mt.dll can't be loaded.
Attached Images

Last edited by MichaelRow; 20th May 2014 at 02:37.
MichaelRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 16:27   #1153  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRow View Post
Is it worked with AviSynth 2.6 alpha 5?
No, won't work.
Old 20th May 2014, 03:32   #1154  |  Link
MichaelRow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
No, won't work.
Thanks for the info.
AFAIK, there is an unofficial builds called avisynth 2.6MT.
My questions are:
1) Is it as stable as the official builds?
2) Have this builds already included the mt() in avisynth.dll?

Last edited by MichaelRow; 20th May 2014 at 12:07.
MichaelRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 09:53   #1155  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRow View Post
Thanks for the info.
AFAIK, there is an unofficial builds of avisynth called avisynth 2.6MT, and it can use mt by replacing the avisynth.dll.
My questions are:
1) Is it as stable as the official builds?
2) Have this builds already included the mt in avisynth.dll?
SEt's 2.6 MT versions don't have the "MT()" function any more. Instead, you have to use "SetMTMode()". The difference is explained here.

As for stability - people have different experiences ranging from "doesn't work at all" to "rock solid". It depends on many factors like plugins used, number of threads, memory usage, etc.

You just have to try it.