Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 5th April 2011, 22:53   #1  |  Link
GG-Xtreme

[Solved] MeGUI: Unable to Render File

This issue has come back to haunt me. I have a brand new computer, a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit. I installed FFMpegSource (both 32-bit and 64-bit), Haali Media Splitter, AviSynth 2.5 (32-bit and 64-bit) and the latest build of MeGUI (1989).

But MeGUI script creator refuses to load any MKV files. I tried manually loading every DLL in the Haali Media Splitter folder, reinstalled Haali Media Splitter, but no go. Haali is working fine with MPC-HC, but MeGUI will not open any MKV's. On my other computer with the same builds of everything installed the same way (I installed on both computers from a folder containing all the files and installers), MeGUI has no problems loading MKV's. What could be going wrong?

Update: I can't get any of my ffmpegsource plugins to load, MeGUI says they're not valid plugins. I can't use DirectShowSource because the output video is always unplayable on my phone. Still trying to test if I can get MKV's to load, I tried:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\avss.dll")
DirectShowSource("C:\test.mkv", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true)
The test file is a simple high-profile H.264+AAC MKV that opens fine in MeGUI on my other computer. The first time I tried loading the AVS, I got some fatal error about a memory location (I don't remember the full message). Any subsequent attempts to load that script gives me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviSynth error
AviSynth script error:
DirectShowSource: couldn't open file
C:\test.mkv:
No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.
(C:\test.avs, line 2)
I don't really understand, since on my other computer, Haali and FFMpegSource both worked right away without having to load plugins in my scripts.

Last edited by GG-Xtreme; 9th April 2011 at 10:01.
GG-Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 01:28   #2  |  Link
AMED

How about updating to the dev version MeGUI (build 2002) and then use the file indexer on the mkv.

EDIT: are you using the 32bit version of MeGUI?
Old 6th April 2011, 07:28   #3  |  Link
GG-Xtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMED View Post
How about updating to the dev version MeGUI (build 2002) and then use the file indexer on the mkv.

EDIT: are you using the 32bit version of MeGUI?
Where can I find the dev build? And as far as I know, there's only a 32-bit of the 1989 build, but it has support for 64-bit x264 encoder (correct me if I'm wrong). When I have the time, I'll compare my MeGUI, AviSynth and FFMpegSource directories to my desktop, which is running an older version of everything (MeGUI works fine with MKV's, but I don't think it has 64-bit support).
Old 6th April 2011, 09:35   #4  |  Link
AMED

start by updating MeGUI,

Options > Settings > extra config tab

Under AutoUpdate change the drop down to Use Development update servers, click save and look for updates.

Uninstall both 32bit and 64bit versions of AviSynth, then reinstall just the 32bit version.

in MeGUI click Tools > file indexer, load the MKV you would like to use and click Queue. Click the Queue tab in the main window and right click on the job you have just created and choose run in temporary worker. wait for the indexing to finish and the mkv should automatically loaded in to the avisyth creator.

you should be able to work out the rest.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:00   #5  |  Link
GG-Xtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMED View Post
start by updating MeGUI,

Options > Settings > extra config tab

Under AutoUpdate change the drop down to Use Development update servers, click save and look for updates.

Uninstall both 32bit and 64bit versions of AviSynth, then reinstall just the 32bit version.

in MeGUI click Tools > file indexer, load the MKV you would like to use and click Queue. Click the Queue tab in the main window and right click on the job you have just created and choose run in temporary worker. wait for the indexing to finish and the mkv should automatically loaded in to the avisyth creator.

you should be able to work out the rest.
Thanks for the help. The File Indexer works fine. But I find it odd that the script creator doesn't automatically load Haali like it does on my other computer.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:52   #6  |  Link
GG-Xtreme

Well, the development build seems to have some other sort of issues. I can no longer get the subtitle plugin to work, it 'loads' subtitle files but they do not show up in the video preview =/

Edit: I'm just gonna take a guess here--the subtitle render has to be enabled in ffdshow for it to work with DSSource and DSS2? Meh, ffdshow subtitle rendering is inaccurate in my experience, I'm not going to enable it since I use ffdshow with MPC. Oh well, I've gotten everything to some degree of working. Thanks for all the help =)

Last edited by GG-Xtreme; 9th April 2011 at 11:11.

Tags
direct show error, haali, megui, mkv, unable to render file