Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th May 2012, 12:48   #7441  |  Link
varekai
Suspended for forum rule violations

Workaround:

Create MultiAVCHD compilation.
In the "Title name: PART 1" or whatever your title is named.

Fire up the output in your media player.
Take full size screendumps of each background menu title, in my project 3 titles.

Use your image editing software and open the 3 different screendumps.
Create 3 new title text layers with the font you want to use, (the font that MultiAVCHD couldn't display).
Align the new title text layers where you want them, on top of each MultiAVCHD title text screendump.

Open MultiAVCHD and import the 3 new background images, one for each title.
Works like a charm! Problem solved! Lots of creative fun!

Regards
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 17:11   #7442  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I decided to put some DVD series on a single BD, for laziness.
I did this once and it worked ok.
I tried today, after a long pause, to repeat the performance.

My findings:
no audio delay considered when there is one (the first BD had all at 0 this is why I haven't noticed it)
most subtitles were not recognized (like importing 24/781) - again due to the lack of subtitles in the previous BD I couln't notice it

It appears that this subject was not addressed, no audio delay on DVD appeared on this forum in junction with multiavchd.

Any ideas?

PS: I tried to recover the subtitles from a correctly remuxed episode (apart from the audio delay) but tsmuxer upscaled them to 1080p24 from 576i50 when instructed to demux them. Go figure
Old 7th May 2012, 14:15   #7443  |  Link
laz305

Since tsmuxer fails on some mkv files and not all I assume that they are cinavia protected and can't be converted? Is there a way to convert cinavia protected .mkv files using multiavchd?

Last edited by laz305; 7th May 2012 at 14:19.
laz305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 17:38   #7444  |  Link
setarip_old

@laz305

Hi!

Cinavia in no way interferes with or limits copying or converting any type of file(s).

Cinavia's "claim to fame" is that if you copy a disc that contains Cinavia protection, any and all copies that you make will also contain Cinavia.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 17:53   #7445  |  Link
laz305

so how do I find out why tsmuxer keeps failing and won't convert any .mkv files?
Old 7th May 2012, 19:03   #7446  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
so how do I find out why tsmuxer keeps failing and won't convert any .mkv files?
That's off topic for this thread.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 19:57   #7447  |  Link
laz305

how do you figure? tsmuxer is failing when I am using multiavchd to convert a file.
Old 7th May 2012, 20:32   #7448  |  Link

Ok, I was not aware that multiavchd used tsmuxer. Carry on.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 02:18   #7449  |  Link
setarip_old

@laz305
Quote:
Since tsmuxer fails on some mkv files and not all
Quote:
Which is it, "all" or "some"?
Old 8th May 2012, 08:15   #7450  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I decided to put some DVD series on a single BD, for laziness.
I did this once and it worked ok.
I tried today, after a long pause, to repeat the performance.

My findings:
no audio delay considered when there is one (the first BD had all at 0 this is why I haven't noticed it)
most subtitles were not recognized (like importing 24/781) - again due to the lack of subtitles in the previous BD I couln't notice it

It appears that this subject was not addressed, no audio delay on DVD appeared on this forum in junction with multiavchd.

Any ideas?

PS: I tried to recover the subtitles from a correctly remuxed episode (apart from the audio delay) but tsmuxer upscaled them to 1080p24 from 576i50 when instructed to demux them. Go figure
Update to these findings:

I used the old school approach, I demuxed all the streams of all the episodes with pgcdemux (noted the delays), I converted by hand all the subtitles to BD SUPs with BDsub2sup, reimported in multiavchd, again by hand, one by one, and set the corresponding audio delays.

So far so good. But the audio delay issues have been not solved. I don't have right now the paper, but the first episode had a 0ms delay, now 0ms, the second had again 0ms, after remuxing it had -80ms, the third had 424 before, some 360 after, another one had -8ms, after -80ms and so on. It looks like something like -80ms rounded to the next integer has automatically been added.

The episodes come from commercial DVDs so authoring or encoding errors may safely be excluded.

Searches in this forum revealed that both tsmuxer and multiavchd can cope with delays. I am now confused about the actual cause .... and solution
Old 8th May 2012, 14:37   #7451  |  Link
laz305

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@laz305

I have successfully converted about 3 .mkv files but have failed on the last three I have tried. tsmuxer fails until multiavchd crashes.
Old 8th May 2012, 15:04   #7452  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I have successfully converted about 3 .mkv files but have failed on the last three I have tried. tsmuxer fails until multiavchd crashes.
You could try demuxing the mkv to it's elementary streams before inserting them into multiAVCHD. I seem to remember this as a workaround for certain type mkv's with multiAVCHD.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 17:25   #7453  |  Link
setarip_old

@laz305
Quote:
I have successfully converted about 3 .mkv files
What source material, software (name and version numbers) and procedures did you use to create these first three .MKVs?

Quote:
but have failed on the last three I have tried.
What source material, software (name and version numbers) and procedures did you use to create these second three .MKVs?
Old 8th May 2012, 20:42   #7454  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@laz305

I can tell you that TSMUXER will crash if the MKV has header compression enabled, and that's the default on a lot of MKV packages these days. If you run the MKV through MKVMERGE and disable header compression it fixes it (assuming that's the issue).
Old 10th May 2012, 20:03   #7455  |  Link
rebkell

I've tried goSUP, the one included in multiAVCHD and I downloaded the standalone one. When I open it up, I click on a .srt file and then click convert and it always comes back with the current time stamp and the message, Nothing to do! easySUP works fine on the same srt file, so I'm sure the file isn't corrupt. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
rebkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 19:57   #7456  |  Link
sreemv

with the latest multiavchd, When I added an additional audio track, it showed up in a new tab "other audio" and it did not get muxed with m2ts? whats that about??

A quick search on forums showed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Both the MPLS file and the CLPI reference the type of audio in the M2TS file. In fact, its possible that more than one MPLS could do so.
So, could someone tell me the proper method to mux in a new audio? I have a BD with only LPCM - I encoded a DTS and am trying to add/mux to the same disk in re-author mode.
sreemv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 21:40   #7457  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreemv View Post
with the latest multiavchd, When I added an additional audio track, it showed up in a new tab "other audio" and it did not get muxed with m2ts? whats that about??

So, could someone tell me the proper method to mux in a new audio? I have a BD with only LPCM - I encoded a DTS and am trying to add/mux to the same disk in re-author mode.
I do this all the time and for the same reason as well as to add DTS-HD to movies that only have True HD. Works great.

I don't know how you encoded the DTS, but I'm assuming that you used DTS Master Audio Suite and encoded the lpcm individual wavs to either DTS-HD or standard DTS ?

If this is the case, you can't enter the *.dtshd (or *.cpt) track directly into multiavchd. You have to demux first with tsmuxer, to remove the extraneous hex entries.

Not sure where the "other audio" tab came from. Click on the properties of the appropriate m2ts and you will see the dialog box below. With the "audio" tab visible, click add (red circle #1). An explorer will pop up, navigate to the audio track you want to add, highlight and click OK.

In this case I added the DTS-HD and pressed the "up" button to move it to the first position, so it's the default audio track. You can also "remove" any unwanted audio in this tab.

I also "blank" out any warnings or other umwanted material at this time.

Click OK (circled red #2) and this dialog will close and the main screen appears. Press "start" and the processing will begin. Takes about 15-20 min to complete.

Last edited by rapscallion; 15th May 2012 at 22:02. Reason: added info
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 00:22   #7458  |  Link
sreemv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
I do this all the time and for the same reason as well as to add DTS-HD to movies that only have True HD. Works great.
Awesome! Glad to hear that works!
Quote:
I don't know how you encoded the DTS, but I'm assuming that you used DTS Master Audio Suite and encoded the lpcm individual wavs to either DTS-HD or standard DTS ?
Yup - DTS-HD from the individual wavs.

Quote:
If this is the case, you can't enter the *.dtshd (or *.cpt) track directly into multiavchd. You have to demux first with tsmuxer, to remove the extraneous hex entries.
Ok - this is what I must be missing - I am guessing I need to load the original mpls in tsmuxer, remove the LPCM, replace it with dtshd in its place and output a new m2ts - copy the new .m2ts and .clpi to replace the original - is that all??

Quote:
Not sure where the "other audio" tab came from. Click on the properties of the appropriate m2ts and you will see the dialog box below. With the "audio" tab visible, click add (red circle #1). An explorer will pop up, navigate to the audio track you want to add, highlight and click OK.
I did exactly that - added the .dtshd straight without tsmuxer and it created a new tab labeled "other audio" and it showed up there.
Quote:
In this case I added the DTS-HD and pressed the "up" button to move it to the first position, so it's the default audio track. You can also "remove" any unwanted audio in this tab.
Umm...confused...if you muxed the .dtshd with tsmuxer, why would you have to add it here again? It should already be there? Please clarify! Thanks again!
Old 16th May 2012, 15:00   #7459  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Ok - this is what I must be missing - I am guessing I need to load the original mpls in tsmuxer, remove the LPCM, replace it with dtshd in its place and output a new m2ts - copy the new .m2ts and .clpi to replace the original - is that all??
No, that won't work as the mpls and clpi files contain more info about the disc than just that created by a simple mux in tsmuxer. You won't get any audio that way. It has to be done in Multiavchd.

The only time you would do it this way is if you were remuxing so that the intended result was the movie file only, with no menus, extras, etc.

Quote:
Umm...confused...if you muxed the .dtshd with tsmuxer, why would you have to add it here again? It should already be there? Please clarify! Thanks again!
No, I didn't mux it with the *.m2ts in Tsmuxer, I demuxed it by itself, which results in a "usable" *.dts.

The DTS MAS software creates files with an extra 140 bytes of header information at the beginning of the files. This is done so studio authoring house software recognizes the file/header as DTSHD. It's stripped out in the resulting, final audio track that's on a BD disc. Fortunately, Tsmuxer strips it out as well, during the demux process.

Last edited by rapscallion; 16th May 2012 at 17:38. Reason: added info
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 17:23   #7460  |  Link
sreemv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
No, I didn't mux it with the *.m2ts in Tsmuxer, I demuxed it by itself, which results in a "usable" *.dts.

The DTS MAS software creates files with an extra 140 bytes of header information at the beginning of the files. This is done so studio authoring house software recognizes the file/header as DTSHD. It's stripped out in the resulting, final audio track that's on a BD disc. Fortunately, Tsmuxer strips it out as well, during the demux process.
Hmmm.....so you pre-process the .dtshd file created by the DTS MAS software via tsmuxer and load it in multiavchd?

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author