Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th November 2015, 11:49   #14001  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Check log. You should see there what cpu extensions were used during conversion.

I do not have CPU with AVX2 extension so it looks like this
Code:
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
Thanks for that
Can't seem to get it to work though, "show log" by right clicking the job and then selecting it doesn't seem to work here, am on Windoiws 10 though have made sure to run as Admin.

Also, just doing a test with the standard base profiles with no modification at CRF 18 for HEVC/10bit, encoding goes fine at expected file size, but muxing produces a file that keeps on growing and never completes.

Stopped it at 720GB!
Any idea, thanks.

(Sorry should have saved the mux output command fished out of temp folder)
Quote:
"C:\Video\ripbot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Users\robo9\Desktop\1_2_video.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "1_2_video" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265"

Last edited by Furiousflea; 18th November 2015 at 11:52.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 12:00   #14002  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
Also, just doing a test with the standard base profiles with no modification at CRF 18 for HEVC/10bit, encoding goes fine at expected file size, but muxing produces a file that keeps on growing and never completes.
That's a known bug of mkvmerge 8.5.1, it is fixed in version 8.5.2.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 12:12   #14003  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
That's a known bug of mkvmerge 8.5.1, it is fixed in version 8.5.2.
I see, big thanks for the help. Will update mkvtoolnix etc.
Cheers
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 06:54   #14004  |  Link
essential

Before I encode too many DVDs incorrectly (I've primarily done blurays in the past and interlaced material isn't an issue).
I'm ripping some older stuff that is interlaced. Want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

I've been opening the VOB in DGIndex.
-------------------------------
If VOB is:
Frame Rate: 23.976024 fps
Frame Rate: Interlaced
Field Order: Top

Then in Ripbot Use:
Deinterlace: TTF -> 29.97 FPS
Decimate: Do not decimate (because the frame rate is already 23.976024?)
If VOB is:
Frame Rate: Anything besides 23.976024 fps

Then in Ripbot Use:
Deinterlace: Inverse Telecine
Decimate: Restore -> 23.976 fps

Is this right?
essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 09:19   #14005  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
I've been opening the VOB in DGIndex.
If VOB is:
Frame Rate: 23.976024 fps

Then in Ripbot Use:
Deinterlace: TTF -> 29.97 FPS
Decimate: Do not decimate (because the frame rate is already 23.976024?)

Is this right?
No. The only time DGIndex will say 23.976024fps is when you have the Field Operation set for Forced Film. It has nothing to do with how the DVD has been encoded or how it should be treated. And if it shows as Interlaced, you certainly don't want the Field Operation set for Forced Film when making a D2V Project File. DGIndex is not deciding if your DVD is 23.976 or 29.97fps.

And even when setting the Field Operation as Honor Pulldown Flags and it shows as 29.97fps and Interlaced, it's still no indication of how your DVD should be handled. For that you make a basic AviSynth script, open it in VDub to check, and use your eyes to tell. And if you know enough to make an AviSynth script and use Forced Film or Honor Pulldown Flags to make a D2V Project File, or IVTC or unblend or deinterlace, then my opinion is that you should do those things in a script which you then open in RipBot.

These things are thoroughly explained in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package.

All NTSC DVDs output interlaced 29.97fps (really 59.94 fields per second).

Last edited by manono; 20th November 2015 at 09:22.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 14:23   #14006  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Atak,

I just would like to told you Thank You very much for adding multi-languages support in Ripbot264 ! It's helped me a lot! Save time and calculations.

Also, i seen that Software has auto update when starting the app.

Thums Up ! Great Work !

8ternity
Old 20th November 2015, 17:30   #14007  |  Link
essential

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
No. The only time DGIndex will say 23.976024fps is when you have the Field Operation set for Forced Film. It has nothing to do with how the DVD has been encoded or how it should be treated. And if it shows as Interlaced, you certainly don't want the Field Operation set for Forced Film when making a D2V Project File. DGIndex is not deciding if your DVD is 23.976 or 29.97fps.

And even when setting the Field Operation as Honor Pulldown Flags and it shows as 29.97fps and Interlaced, it's still no indication of how your DVD should be handled. For that you make a basic AviSynth script, open it in VDub to check, and use your eyes to tell. And if you know enough to make an AviSynth script and use Forced Film or Honor Pulldown Flags to make a D2V Project File, or IVTC or unblend or deinterlace, then my opinion is that you should do those things in a script which you then open in RipBot.

These things are thoroughly explained in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package.

All NTSC DVDs output interlaced 29.97fps (really 59.94 fields per second).
Thanks for the response. I don't know enough to do anything with Avisynth but I'll start reading. I've been using Ripbot for years but primarily with Blurays so I've never had to deal with Interlaced sources before, I'm still very much a beginner in this regard. Ripbot makes everything else so easy ... which is why I use it to begin with.

I've read a ton on this prior to posting what you responded to, thinking I finally figured it out, there are no guides on how to specifically determine everything about your source, and then based on certain results you use these certain settings for Ripbot.

I thought I found an easily understandable guide (something that didn't assume you had advanced technical understanding to start) and based on your quote it's incorrect (thehtpc.net/htpc-tips-and-tweaks/encoding-dvds-to-h-264-mkv-using-ripbot264/).

For several of my Interlaced VOBs if I do TFF -> 29.97 or Inverse Telecine with and without decimate restore on, the resulting "preview scripts" all look the same to me. They look good but I can't have 4 different options all be the correct way to do it, and I don't know how to determine which is correct if they all look good. There is no easy guide for dealing with Ripbot and interlaced sources, but I'll keep reading.
Old 20th November 2015, 19:55   #14008  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@essential
It is quite easy.

If ripbot shows that your DVD movie has been detected as 29.97 fps then you should manually examine frames in "preview script". Ofcourse deinterlace option must be OFF!
In Media Player Classic use arrows on keyboard to skip to next frame. If you see mix of progressive and interlaced frames then you should use INVERSE TELECINE + RESTORE 23.976 option.

Normally pattern looks like this:
3 Progressive frames
2 Interlaced frames

If you see only interlaced frames then use TFF -> xx.xx fps.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 20th November 2015 at 20:50.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 20:34   #14009  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
I thought I found an easily understandable guide (something that didn't assume you had advanced technical understanding to start) and based on your quote it's incorrect (thehtpc.net/htpc-tips-and-tweaks/encoding-dvds-to-h-264-mkv-using-ripbot264/).
I'll assume you're referring to this passage:
Quote:
Since our video is interlaced and we are deinterlacing it, we should go ahead and decimate it to get a progressive 23.976 framerate, so choose Restore -> 23.976 FPS.
At the least it's incomplete. It's assuming all NTSC DVDs are either encoded as progressive 23.976fps with pulldown (his progressive from the previous page) or hard telecined (the pulldown encoded into the video), as in Atak_Snajpera's pictures above. But there are other possibilities. They might have been shot using interlaced video cameras and the last thing you want is to drop unique frames with an IVTC. They might be field-blended and, again, an IVTC is the wrong thing to do. They might be a mix of soft and hard telecine. They might even be progressive 29.97fps as happens sometimes (although rarely). There are just too many possibilities where, if you follow the guy's advice, you'll end up with a ruined video.

In addition, he is confusing anyone reading it by mixing up terms. There's a big difference between a full IVTC, decimating, and deinterlacing. If you have a video like that in the pictures above, what you do is IVTC, not deinterlace. And decimating is only the second step in the two-step IVTC process, the first being field-matching.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 21:00   #14010  |  Link
essential

Quote:
@essential
It is quite easy.

If ripbot shows that your DVD movie has been detected as 29.97 fps then you should manually examine frames in "preview script". Ofcourse deinterlace option must be OFF!
In Media Player Classic use arrows on keyboard to skip to next frame. If you see mix of progressive and interlaced frames then you should use INVERSE TELECINE + RESTORE 23.976 option.
Thanks Atak, I will try this with several sources when I get home later. Just to clarify one thing, will there ever be a situation where you use "restore 23.976" with TFF, or is that only ever to be used with inverse telecine?

edit:
Thanks Manono, you posted while I was replying.

Last edited by essential; 20th November 2015 at 21:04. Reason: added manono
Old 20th November 2015, 21:45   #14011  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Just to clarify one thing, will there ever be a situation where you use "restore 23.976" with TFF,
Nope. At least I haven't had chance to use it in this way. If you aim for the best quality then you should use smart Inverse Telecine + restore than dumb forced deinterlacer + restore.
Like I said. Use Deinterlacer (TFF -> ) only if ALL frames are interlaced (no mix).

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 20th November 2015 at 21:48.
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:09   #14012  |  Link
essential

Thanks again Atak, your instructions worked. I had stuff set up wrong but was able to determine the differences and now understand going forward.
Old 25th November 2015, 08:45   #14013  |  Link
damia

hai atak.. may i know how to fix this one problem??cannot load AAC audio.. thanks..
http://i.imgur.com/vDhH32B.png
damia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 15:14   #14014  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

yes . in cq mode chunks are always 1 min long.
Old 26th November 2015, 18:28   #14015  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

More work for servers = less idle time = overall faster encoding
Old 30th November 2015, 16:15   #14016  |  Link
ggalindo001

Atak

Great app -- just found this last week and so far, it has worked like a champ. I especially like the simplicity of the GUI, yet it is powerful where it needs to be. I had been using handbrake previously and find this far more effective -- esp. the batch mode.

Two questions --

1. In batch mode -- is there any way to set a default for color correction to go in one of the three choices vs. the none default? Specifically, I'm wanting to set mine up to default for color correction from tv->pc. This is due to several home recorded DVDs from a DVD recorder that had a black level color bug -- this setting mostly corrects that issue in corresponding encodes.

Obviously, in batch, I can go into each corresponding entry and manually make the change prior to encode -- I was just hoping to automate that as much as possible and eliminate redundant clicks. I didn't know if there was a setting inside of one of the scripts that I could edit that would do this (vs. asking for a setting within the GUI)....

2. Probably a stupid question, but one I would throw out. Can you set up DE to operate on just one machine? I've gone through quite a bit of this thread to look for an answer to that -- it appears that you could, but not clear on how to specifically do that. Is it as simple as adding my ip address to the DE listing, with a :1000, :2000, etc. So, if my ip address is say 10.45.3.1 then I set up the server addresses starting with 10.45.3.1:1000, 10.45.3.1:2000, etc. I tried that, but I could not get the servers moving (they just remained "idle"). I'm sure I am doing something stupid wrong, and just need to tinker with it more to get it to work -- but thought I would ask that it is possible before spending too much time.

Thanks again and thanks for the great app.

g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ggalindo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 18:52   #14017  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1. In batch mode -- is there any way to set a default for color correction to go in one of the three choices vs. the none default? Specifically, I'm wanting to set mine up to default for color correction from tv->pc. This is due to several home recorded DVDs from a DVD recorder that had a black level color bug -- this setting mostly corrects that issue in corresponding encodes.
I will add this option to batch mode. Just make sure that auto-update option in ripbot264 is checked.

Quote:
2. Probably a stupid question, but one I would throw out. Can you set up DE to operate on just one machine? I've gone through quite a bit of this thread to look for an answer to that -- it appears that you could, but not clear on how to specifically do that. Is it as simple as adding my ip address to the DE listing, with a :1000, :2000, etc. So, if my ip address is say 10.45.3.1 then I set up the server addresses starting with 10.45.3.1:1000, 10.45.3.1:2000, etc. I tried that, but I could not get the servers moving (they just remained "idle"). I'm sure I am doing something stupid wrong, and just need to tinker with it more to get it to work -- but thought I would ask that it is possible before spending too much time.
Of course you can Instead of using real ip you can just use 127.0.0.1:2000 , 127.0.0.1:3000 and so on.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 30th November 2015 at 18:56.
Old 30th November 2015, 23:37   #14018  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Of course you can Instead of using real ip you can just use 127.0.0.1:2000 , 127.0.0.1:3000 and so on.
I use DE on a single PC a lot, but in my situation, I just need to have the network switch/hub turned on.
I guess its because I'm using a "real" IP address.

Last edited by burt123; 1st December 2015 at 01:44.
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 01:58   #14019  |  Link
00-00

Batch encode & subtitles

Tried searching for this, but can't seem to find a definitive answer... Is there a straightforward way to add/include subtitles to all files when using batch encode, rather than having to add each file manually if subtitles are needed? Can you batch rip all or selected subtitles for each file at the same time as preparing a file? Sorry if this is obvious!

Appreciate any help!

Last edited by 00-00; 1st December 2015 at 02:02.
00-00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 13:23   #14020  |  Link
ggalindo001

Atak

Thanks -- adding the color option to the batch mode would be a big time saver for me. I have it on auto update -- so look forward to the next update.

I'll see if i can get the DE to work later this week when I have time to poke around with it.

Thanks again!

g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ggalindo001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360