Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 28th May 2010, 23:44   #11821  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
What you don't understand is that nothing has changed in FFDShow on this part; I just improved the subtitle/menu extraction but this is just internal.

This change is visible to you because your player now supports this interface. You should complain to them so that they filter streams. Media Portal, MPC-HC do so to only retrieve the streams from the groups they are interested in
thanks for the reply! so to make it clear, KMP hasn't been updated in 9 months: http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14938

older version of ffdshow: newer version:

and somehow, it's KMP's fault if you could please set an option to hide all this, I'm sure many other ppl would also enjoy it either way. I use subs in ffdshow from time to time(because mVR doesn't have a subs pin), but I'd rather make 3 clicks when I need to than scroll all the way up and need 2 clicks to reach "setup" on the very top of the screen when I don't..hope you will consider it
Asking questions always sounds like b*tching on public forums, I apologize for this.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 00:20   #11822  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

There was option to hide this "add tray icon's menu to player's menu" (or something like that). But as was said before now this option has no effect and ffdshow acts like this option always ON. This probably will be fixed. However even if this option will be ON, player's menu still has a lot of unneeded stuff which wasn't there before (or was, but In some better way than now, I don't remember...). Now in MPC-HC's case every possible subtitles in the folder + some random text files printed in this menu...
But my observations about that options valid only for RAW filter. I can't access directshow filter settings at all - immediate crash when I'm trying.

EDIT: if adding subtitles files into this menu is necessary for some reason, then it shouldn't print everything it can find in the folder, but follow common "tradition" which is only movie.srt or movie.any-words-here.srt, where movie - the name of the video file currently played. Of course .srt extension is only for example.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 29th May 2010 at 00:33.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 03:24   #11823  |  Link
teohhanhui

Crash with DXVA on for certain problematic files (encoder settings blanked out).

Disabling DXVA for H.264 or using MPC-HC (r1976) built-in DXVA filter works fine. It was still working in r3456 (broken in r3460, no idea about the revisions in between).
teohhanhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 12:36   #11824  |  Link
clsid

@Albain

I think the majority wants to hide the filters from the player's menu. So I suggest to only show the subtitle filter in there. Full settings can still be accessed through "Setup", which should perhaps be renamed to "Settings"?

@teohhanhui
Could you please upload a sample file for me?
If it is large, you can cut a part with this tool:
http://neuron2.net/dgsplit/dgsplit11.zip
Old 29th May 2010, 15:11   #11825  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Well, it'd be good to have an option to hide it all as it was before...the percentage of ppl using subs in ffdshow is prolly very very low, and why forcing the end-user to click twice("setup") to see ffdshow's config when one click has been enough for years?

Last edited by leeperry; 29th May 2010 at 15:29.
Old 29th May 2010, 15:43   #11826  |  Link
Sarasa
Lost In The Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
Well, it'd be good to have an option to hide it as it was before...the percentage of ppl using subs in ffdshow is prolly very very low, and why forcing the end-user to click twice("setup") to see ffdshow's config when one click has been enough for years?
There are more people that use ffdshow to display sub that you think.
If you use the auto profiles to resize the video depending of the aspect (exemple: default > 4/3, HQ > 16/9,...) and it autoswitch to HQ, DirectVobsub won't display the sub even if you switch between the different sub.
Conclusion : ffdshow is needed to switch/activate subs

Also some video lag when using DirectVobsub to display the sub, but play smoothly if you use ffdshow to display it
MPCHC - madVR - Lav Filters - XySubFilter

Last edited by Sarasa; 29th May 2010 at 15:52.
Sarasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 16:00   #11827  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

reason why an option would be nice, to either have it the way it is right now...or the way it was before, no "Setup" button, no filters, no subs. Best of both worlds
Old 29th May 2010, 16:14   #11828  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
reason why an option would be nice, to either have it the way it is right now...or the way it was before, no "Setup" button, no filters, no subs. Best of both worlds
Are you trolling or something? There IS an option, but it doesn't work after the lastest changes.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 16:28   #11829  |  Link
hoborg

Looks like MPC-HC DXVA decoder fixed problem with some MP4 files produce only black screen in DXVA mode, but the problem is still there if FFDShow DXVA decoder is in use.
Can be FFDShow DXVA decoder updated with latest MPC-HC source?

I think it is related to this ticket: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/24

BTW, there is glitch (like bad frame order) durning playback of this sample.

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 21:39   #11830  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Are you trolling or something?
Having a bad day, huh?

This will get rid of all the filters, but the "setup" button will most likely still be there.

I never had to check that option before...anyways, looking forward for a way to have it exactly the way it was before...if any possible. Thanks albain
Old 29th May 2010, 22:23   #11831  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Looks like MPC-HC DXVA decoder fixed problem with some MP4 files produce only black screen in DXVA mode, but the problem is still there if FFDShow DXVA decoder is in use.
Can be FFDShow DXVA decoder updated with latest MPC-HC source?

I think it is related to this ticket: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/24

BTW, there is glitch (like bad frame order) durning playback of this sample.
I shall update to the latest MPC code.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:50   #11832  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Having a bad day, huh?

This will get rid of all the filters, but the "setup" button will most likely still be there.

I never had to check that option before...anyways, looking forward for a way to have it exactly the way it was before...if any possible. Thanks albain
That option is and was off by default, off means nothing appears and your beloved one click solution is there. If you never touched it, of course it was never activated. But now it doesn't work, it's always on, for the nth time. This is a bug and should be corrected. Do you get it now or will you post another 10+ posts asking for an option to remove the stuff?

EDIT: r3445 is the cause.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 30th May 2010 at 02:27.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 07:33   #11833  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

And as my question remains unanswered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
No pins will be removed.
Does that mean the end-user will be allowed to control their (mis)behavior { i.e., enable/disable them } ?
FWIW: I've just "upgraded" from r3176 to r3426.

Last edited by Midzuki; 30th May 2010 at 08:16.
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 13:12   #11834  |  Link
clsid

Post a proper bug report.
Old 30th May 2010, 17:29   #11835  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

How far are we from added VP8 decoder to ffdshow?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 17:35   #11836  |  Link
clsid

The official decoder works fine, so I am not investing time in adding it to ffdshow.
Old 30th May 2010, 17:55   #11837  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

We have vp3,vp5,vp6,vp6f so why not vp8? Official decoder can not smooth picture in fullscreen (windows 7). Also DirectShowSource does not work without fps parametr.

Old 30th May 2010, 18:42   #11838  |  Link
clsid

VP8 is open source. The rest is not.

If someone wants to add it to ffdshow, fine, but I am not going to do it. At least not until ffmpeg has its own decoder implementation.

Last edited by clsid; 30th May 2010 at 18:48.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 18:53   #11839  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
At least not until ffmpeg has its own decoder implementation.
understood.
Old 30th May 2010, 21:42   #11840  |  Link
Delerue

I can't open this sample here that uses MJPEG-B codec. Anyone confirms that?

Thanks!
Delerue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl