Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd January 2006, 23:12   #1  |  Link
smitbret
Banned

Unable to complete an encode

One of two things happens when I try to compress a DVD from DVD-9 to DVD-5. Either a major system error occurs and the system completely reboots or I get 'Error 0006: DVD-RB has found framecount differences between the PREPARE and REBUILD phases. Aborting.' Both occur only during the rebuild phase and have been occuring every time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both DVD-RB Pro and CCE SP. I have tried both the most current and some older versions. I have even done a format and clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2. I have also tried using 6 different ripped DVDs, ripped with 3 different rippers. Same results every time. I have no trouble transcoding with Nero Recode 2 or DVD Shrink. Can anyone tell me what is going on. I have not had this trouble until recently. Thanks.
-Brett
smitbret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2006, 01:29   #2  |  Link
Rockas
Ridendo Castigat Mores

It would be great if you tell us what is the DVD (Title and Region).
Have you tried with another encoder (QuEnc, HC - free - or ProCoder)?
3 different rippers... ok... and they are? versions?

keep it UP

www.dvdrebuilder.com
RME
Rockas Software
Rockas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2006, 02:22   #3  |  Link
smitbret
Banned

The DVD's are: Blade 2, Nip/Tuck Season 2 Disc 1, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Dark Water, The Godfather and The 40-Year Old Virgin (All Region 1). I have ripped them using DVD Shrink & AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter & AnyDVD, Nero Recode & AnyDVD (both remake movie only and the whole disc) and DVDFab Decrypter. I haven't tried a different encoder, other than different versions of CCE 2.70, because it wasn't happening until the rebuild. I'm not clear on where DVD-RB, AviSynth & the Encoder all mesh together and what roles they play, but the rebuild seemed more like a DVD-RB thing to me. One thing I didn't mention before was that I've noticed DVD-RB telling me that there are possible dropped frames, I hadn't seen that till this all started happening.

I just installed Windows 2000 on an old Hard Drive that I have and removed the old System Hard Drive. Using older versions of DVD-RB and CCE (v1.03 & SP 2.67, and the same HDs for the temp file and destination folder and the project completed. Still had some possible dropped frames, however. Seemed a lot quicker. Anyway, thanks for the reply, keep it coming.
-Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockas
It would be great if you tell us what is the DVD (Title and Region).
Have you tried with another encoder (QuEnc, HC - free - or ProCoder)?
3 different rippers... ok... and they are? versions?

keep it UP
Old 3rd January 2006, 02:50   #4  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

It really sounds like a computer system issue. CCE is far more taxing on the computer then any of the other programs mentioned.
There are many things listed to try in the DVD2SVCD forum.
Do a search in that is the best I can offer on the short time I have now.

Keep in mind no matter how stable your system seems it could be just one little thing that is not pushed by any other program.

I used to be a Mod in the DVD2SVCD forum and I can remember how often this type of issue came up and more often then not the person became angry at the thought I could dare question his system stability, but in the end it always seemed to come down to lowering an overclock, loosening memory timings or some other such item.
So please keep an open mind.

Mark
Old 3rd January 2006, 07:34   #5  |  Link
smitbret
Banned

Not a problem, been there, done that. Anyway, I think you are correct. I swapped out the C: drive with an old 6.4GB HDD I had sitting around with Win2K and I installed DVD-RB and CCE. Ran fine. While tweaking around, I noticed that the C: drive was acting a bit odd. All of the tests with Data Lifeguard were coming back OK, but it was just flighty. Seems that it may not have been getting a clear connection to the drive through the connector. I switched connectors around and it seems a lot more stable. I'll give it another whir tonight (crosses fingers). Thanks.
-Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrb
It really sounds like a computer system issue. CCE is far more taxing on the computer then any of the other programs mentioned.
There are many things listed to try in the DVD2SVCD forum.
Do a search in that is the best I can offer on the short time I have now.

Keep in mind no matter how stable your system seems it could be just one little thing that is not pushed by any other program.

I used to be a Mod in the DVD2SVCD forum and I can remember how often this type of issue came up and more often then not the person became angry at the thought I could dare question his system stability, but in the end it always seemed to come down to lowering an overclock, loosening memory timings or some other such item.
So please keep an open mind.

Mark
Old 1st February 2006, 07:29   #6  |  Link
karikomi.1

I get 'Error 0006: DVD-RB has found framecount differences between the PREPARE and REBUILD phases. Aborting.'

I get the same error and i can say that it is not due to any hardware failure. I am using a brand new hdd and the most recent version of dvd decrypter, dvd rebuilder (free) and CCE SP retail ver 2.67.00.27 and i get the same message you noted in your post. I have the options in rebuilder set to cce sp new, and the path is set to the cce sp executable. i left all the other settings at default.
karikomi.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 13:08   #7  |  Link
jdobbs

What version of DVD-RB and CCE are you using?
Old 1st February 2006, 21:24   #8  |  Link
karikomi.1

cce sp: 2.67
dvd-rb: 0.96

I also have auto-gk installed on my comp. The package that i got with aukogk came with various apps that it uses, these are:
auko-gk: 2.26
VirtualDubMod: 1.5.4.1/2178
"Avisynth filters": no version info given
DGMPGDec: 1.4.5
VobSub: 2.23
avisynth: 2.5.6a
Xvid: 1.1.0 CVS 9/12/05 + MTK profiles
karikomi.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 22:45   #9  |  Link
jdobbs

Ok. There are several bug fixes that are going to be released in Freeware v0.97 -- and two of them are related to Error #0006.