Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 6th January 2002, 13:29   #1  |  Link
Sackbacke

virtualdub and sb audigy

Hi!

I try to synchronize audio of my divx-files with virtualdub V1.4.7. But every movie I try, virtualdub stopps at videoframe 9995 and goes endlessly on ( without processing any videoframes !! ).

I use Win2000 + SP2, Asus A7V133,Athlon XP 1600+ and a SB Audigy.
Has anyone an idea, whats wrong ??

On another pc ( with sb live ), virtualdub is doing fine.
Sackbacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2002, 04:12   #2  |  Link
MaTTeR
AC3 5.1 Addict

You try to mux the audio with NanDub? Perhaps either your audio or video stream is somehow corrupt? If your overclocking then dont. Vdub & NanDub are very sensitive to this and agressive memory timings. Last but not least I might suspect the %^@&#*@ SoundBlaster drivers
MaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2002, 22:53   #3  |  Link
sdmpv

Hi,

having the same problem. Using PIII 1GHz/133/512MB w Win2000 (no SP)
SB Audigy. Since I got a/v synch problems I decided to go to PCM audio first (using DivX 4.12 for Video)and recompress it afterwards to MP3 using VirtualDub/NanDub. Unfortunately no option is going to take me beyond the 9995th frame.
A solution to this problem would be really helpful. Is someone else without a SB Audigy experiencing the same problem?

CU,
SD
sdmpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2002, 00:33   #4  |  Link
MaTTeR
AC3 5.1 Addict

2 different users with different systems and 1 common component. God I hate Creative sound cards

Have either of you guys tried different versions of drivers? I'd visit the forums over at the HTPC forums. These guys are guru's at offering advice with troublesome Creative cards. Good luck.
Old 11th January 2002, 02:46   #5  |  Link
styx66

sorry to a) burst yer bubbles and b) not be helpful, but i have no problems with my audigy and virtualdub...

dual p3 800
w2k
audigy platinum ex
styx66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2002, 10:12   #6  |  Link
sdmpv

Hi,

I think that a statistics of 2 is not enough to identify the component causing the trouble. Since styx66 is doing fine with the SB Audigy and is also using W2k this can't cause the problem, either. We also have one AMD and one Intel - so forget about this.

I've tried the newest SB Audigy drivers by the way - no change. The problem only occurs with the Radium Codec (2 different versions - same problem). The other MP3 codec on my system is working fine (sorry, that's the one I don't know where it comes from), but forces me to downsample to 24 kHz. As long as I don't have any other solution, I'll use this one (no problems with async or splitting afterwards, by the way). I'll try using BeSweet (Lame Codec) to compress the Audiostream seperately (hoping not to run into the same trouble with a/v async as with direct MP3 compression using Flask and the splitting problem, didn't have time to check this yesterday).

However, a simpler solution to the problem would be appreciated.8-)

Greetings, SD
Old 11th January 2002, 17:40   #7  |  Link
LuciGNolo74

Hi

I have the same problem with my Audigy platinum and VD....

I tried a lot of codec but with wrong result...... olso try with Nandub.

I thing it's a different config

My config:

Win 98 and Win 98ME
P3 800Mhz
1024 Ram
Aiudigy platinum

Sorry for my BAD english I'm italian Guy!!!!
LuciGNolo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2002, 01:48   #8  |  Link
MaTTeR
AC3 5.1 Addict

@sdmpv

If you browse through thr forums here and the DivX Networks forum you'll see that it's a clear issue with the Creative cards. Did you visit my HTPC forums site in the previous post? Absolutely tons of posts all complaining about the the SB SPDIF configuration. Now browse through the forums and tell me if you see this trend with any other card manufacturer.

Firthermore, for the people that have managed to get the SPDIF working on the Live! cards have now reported that the voltage going to there external amps are out of spec and has the potential to damage your equipment. This apparently doesn't happen with all Live cards AFAIK just on certain modesl. Again, just do a search at the HTPC forum.
Old 13th January 2002, 23:18   #9  |  Link
sdmpv

Hi MaTTer,

I had a look at the HTPC forums but didn't have time to search through them. I'm quite busy at the moment and will do so asap. I also wasn't able to find an acceptable workaround by now (really solving the problem will surely need some time, I guess). Everything I've tried so far lead to an access violation (can this be regarded as a progress compared to the problem with the endless loop with the radium MP3 codec? 8-().
Thanx for the information with the voltage problem. I'm not using any expensive equipment at the moment, but before I do, I'll check the forums again.
Sorry for me not being able to present any useful results. I'll keep trying.

SD
Old 24th January 2002, 05:28   #10  |  Link
smokeslikeapoet
Born to Rip

I had Win XP working virtually bug free until I installed my SB Audigy. The drivers absolutely suck, and the software that they almost force you to install is worse.

When wrestling alligators the gator only has to win once.
Read my Adventures In HDTV Capture Blog.
smokeslikeapoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2002, 07:18   #11  |  Link
Sackbacke

VirtualDub and Audigy

Now I know that the audigy drivers are really the problem. After I had bought an PIV 1700 and 256 MB Rambus and still the mp3-encoding problems with VirtualDub, I knew this fucking AMD CPU and KT133A Chipset could not be reason. After reading "smokeslikeapoet" post, I decided to install Windows XP in a ánother partition without any drivers or software for the audigy.

Now everything is doing fine and mp3-encoding is three times faster - 3 times faster !!!! - than under W2K with installed Audigy drivers.
Old 5th May 2002, 07:43   #12  |  Link
MaTTeR
AC3 5.1 Addict

@Sackbacke
Read the forum rules again.

We don't allow that language here.
Old 5th May 2002, 10:32   #13  |  Link
Sackbacke

Sorry!