Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 16th April 2008, 09:51   #1041  |  Link
Momber

roman76r

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
momber

I have download your sample and mux it. Video is displayed fine in media player classic with WMVideo decoder. I think what difference VC-1 decoders started on your machine for EVO and TS containers. And second decoder can't decode this stream.
I played the corrupted remux in both PowerDVD Ultra and MPC HT with its internal filter (both times with DXVA enabled). The problem was identical. Perhaps it's only visible with DXVA? As you know, the WMVideo Decoder DMO does not use DXVA.
Also, the first instance of corruption occurs after the 100 MB sample I sent you. Perhaps I should provide more material for you to test?

Regards
S.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 14:30   #1042  |  Link
roman76r

Momber
Quote:
Also, the first instance of corruption occurs after the 100 MB sample I sent you.
Yes. Please, resend sample.
roman76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 22:52   #1043  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
Momber

Yes. Please, resend sample.
Will do - in a couple of days. I'm not at home right now.

S.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 00:27   #1044  |  Link
wakebrder

@ roman76r-

DTS-HD audio will not work with Alien vs. Predator 2. Since this is the only English soundtrack for the movie, it creates a problem. I have tried muxing just the DTS-HD stream by itself and checking downconvert to DTS with no luck. If I try to demux, I get a return code -2.

On the movie "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead", DTS-HD worked flawlessly.

Roman76r, if you have an FTP I could upload a small clip of AVP2 as well an example of True-HD not working in a number of films. (Walk Hard, I Am Legend, etc.) Could you take a look?

Also, is there a way to generate a log file with tsMuxer? Or is there anything else I can post to help?

Thanks for the great program!
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 10:52   #1045  |  Link
amdxpdevil

Reman76r the newest version of tsMuxeR 1.7.6b

when demux .ts remux with LPCM sound track that bigger than 4G, it will split into 2 files or .WAV. Can remux it back into one track. Is this a bug or ?

Thanks!
amdxpdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 12:11   #1046  |  Link
jeppe

There seems to be an issue with 384k 2.0 AC3 - I can't get tsmuxer to accept such tracks. Not from Matroska nor from raw ac3 files. Or is that just me?
jeppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 14:25   #1047  |  Link
fbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeppe View Post
There seems to be an issue with 384k 2.0 AC3 - I can't get tsmuxer to accept such tracks. Not from Matroska nor from raw ac3 files. Or is that just me?
+1

I have the same issue with 384k 2.0 AC3...

Franck
fbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 15:23   #1048  |  Link
jagaskywalker

Hi,

Wrt my previous post (see below) I made a mistake. The files I copied to the hard disk were still with the four letter extension.

According to the AVCHD specification, the files on a built-in hard disk or a MS/SD card have to be named as 8.3 files. That means the streams are called .mts. The following changes are needed:
o index.bdmv -> INDEX.BDM
o MovieObject.bdmv -> MOVIEOBJ.BDM
o *.mpls -> *.MPL
o *.clpi -> *.CPI
o *.m2ts->*.MTS

(source http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums...ad.aspx#152962)

You have to put the full BD disk structure within a AVCHD folder in the external USB hard disk root.

When doing this I WAS ABLE to play a VC1/ac3/subtitles AVCHD from the hard disk. It was created using tsmuxer, splitting the original "big" BD file on smaller chunks (FAT32 compatible).

I did not try with a full BD, but it should work w/o problems.

This is a great way of playing BDs in PS3 without the need of a BD burner. Of course you do not have menus, and I do not know whether all audio codecs are supported (we may start collecting what works and what doesn't)

It would be good if tsmuxer could create the structure directly with the 8.3 files (as an option for the BD creation).

Concerning whether the PS3 can play BD5 or BD9... I believe tsremux is not creating BDs but AVCHDs..... (like tsremux), and this is why it works... I have a BD9 DVD that I burnt with tsremux (early times of tsremux) that was working in PS3 (fw 1.8) identifying it as BDMV. With later versions it does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post
Hi,

As far as I know you cannot play BD5 or BD9 on the PS3 (fw > 1.80). You can only play AVCHD (on DVD, memory stick or hard disk)

Tsremux generates AVCHD structure (from NERO ?) but, does tsmuxer generate an AVCHD structure or an BD one ?

I generated yesterday with tsmuxer a sample BD, splitting the input m2ts into two 1Gb m2ts files. I copied the resulting BD structure into a FAT32 hard disk, renaming all files to be 8.3 compliant (e.g. m2ts -> MTS), but it did not work in the PS3

When doing something similar with tsremux (except that in that case the output file was a single m2ts) it worked perfectly, identifying the hard disk as "AVCHD" and playing with subtitles etc (VC1 + ac3)

It would be very interesting to be capable of generating AVCHD disk structures, with files > 4 Gb (FAT32 limit) to be played on a hard disk on the PS3....

Any ideas ?

Last edited by jagaskywalker; 17th April 2008 at 15:40.
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 17:21   #1049  |  Link
jefrey

@jaga, why change a running system? my bd5/bd9 works fine, all of them were created with tsmuxer
jefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 19:22   #1050  |  Link
jagaskywalker

I am not sure what you mean by "change a running system". I only suggest to add an additional option to save the files in 8.3 format, so we can copy them in an external FAT32 hard disk and play them with the PS3

tsmuxer works well.

My feeling is that it is producing AVCHD, instead of BD (but maybe I am wrong, I have no bluray burner so I do not know if when burnt on a BD disk it appears as BDMV in the PS3, or as AVCHD.....)

J
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 19:54   #1051  |  Link
gwendal13

how to reduce the bitrate of a vc-1 track ? a h264 track ?

gwendal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 21:26   #1052  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@gwendal13

First of all Welcome to the Forum!

Quote:
how to reduce the bitrate of a vc-1 track ? a h264 track ?
only by re-encoding, tsmuxer is a MUXER (join audio and video) not a encoder
you must use something like ripbot264 or automkv or megui

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 05:44   #1053  |  Link
badonj001

Having Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrder View Post
@ roman76r-

DTS-HD audio will not work with Alien vs. Predator 2. Since this is the only English soundtrack for the movie, it creates a problem. I have tried muxing just the DTS-HD stream by itself and checking downconvert to DTS with no luck. If I try to demux, I get a return code -2.

On the movie "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead", DTS-HD worked flawlessly.

Roman76r, if you have an FTP I could upload a small clip of AVP2 as well an example of True-HD not working in a number of films. (Walk Hard, I Am Legend, etc.) Could you take a look?

Also, is there a way to generate a log file with tsMuxer? Or is there anything else I can post to help?

Thanks for the great program!
I have been having the same problem. I have been using MediaCoder and it isn't showing the HD audio being present. I originally started a few days ago trying to learn how to encode Blu-Ray and I started using by using tsRemux and I was able to successfully do a couple files and I tested them in MediaCoder and the were working. I then started researching how to merge the .m2ts files and had downloaded a few apps and installed some different programs that I wanted as I had just reloaded Vista Ultimate SP1 just before I started researching BD encoding. After I got my files merged I ran them through tsRemuxer and I started having the HD audio issue. So I went and uninstalled all of the programs I originally remembered installing and tried again with only some of the original ripped .m2ts files and I was still having issues with the HD audio. I started looking for other apps and found this app tsMuxeR however the results remain the same.

I am now in the process of wiping the slate clean on the computer I was using and installing a fresh copy of Vista Ultimate SP1 and I am going to try again in the hopes that one of the programs I had installed was interfering with the muxing process.

I will post my results for you.
badonj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 06:29   #1054  |  Link
Majestic06

Please, can someone again explain me in detail ho I can convert a mkv with srt subtitles to a working .ts fil. What are the exact steps I have to do with the srt?

Nothing worked for me, I really need an detailed advice please!!
Majestic06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 07:38   #1055  |  Link
lordvader1982

Hey all.

I've been trying to convert one of my HD-DVD's to a TS file (The Good Shepherd), but it constantly fails at the same point.

I'm using the raw EVO files, and appending them to each other in tsmuxer (I do get a warning about some streams being unrecognised, hence ignored). I'm selecting the video and audio channel I want, and enabling the "remove pulldown", as well as changing the framerate to 24000/1001 for video.

When I start muxing, the tsmuxer executable crashes when it hits 8.7% (I retried it twice with the current version, 1.7.6, and the previous 1.7.3).
The actual GUI doesn't crash.

Seems to suggest something weird in the stream itself. Anyway for me to debug this, or send information to you lot to fix it (if it is a bug in the program) ?
lordvader1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 08:13   #1056  |  Link
badonj001

I just don't know

Well I reinstalled Windows and all of the apps I remembered having installed and I still no luck. Maybe I imagined it working?? Sorry for the false Hope...

If anyone can help use with the HD audio mystery it would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance.
badonj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 08:21   #1057  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post
Concerning whether the PS3 can play BD5 or BD9... I believe tsremux is not creating BDs but AVCHDs..... (like tsremux), and this is why it works... I have a BD9 DVD that I burnt with tsremux (early times of tsremux) that was working in PS3 (fw 1.8) identifying it as BDMV. With later versions it does not work.
tsremux and tsmuxer creates idential index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv.
PS3 displays "AVCHD" on DVD-media and "BDMV" on BD-R(E)-media.
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 10:51   #1058  |  Link
dirkr

@roman76r:

Is it possible to integrate a cropping function (or changing header) for files to change it from 1088 to 1080?

Would be great so that 1920x1080 displays has a 1to1 resolution for those streams...
dirkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 16:22   #1059  |  Link
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrder View Post
Is anyone else having problems with HD audio?
(True-HD, DTS-HD, etc)

Backups muxed with these audio streams enabled will not play. If the same file is muxed without the audio (or just AC3), it plays just fine.

Any ideas?
True-HD stream not work on ps3 ,DTS HD is ok
emufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 16:37   #1060  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
True-HD stream not work on ps3 ,DTS HD is ok
I am playing BD-r on my Panasonic BD30 that supports everything.
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer