Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 5th September 2016, 19:08   #1  |  Link
Wink Dinkerson

MultiAVCHD help: "Error converting subtitles" all of a sudden

Hello, all. I'm tearing my hair out, trying to figure out why I have started getting the seemingly-Java-based "Error converting subtitles!" message when extracting DVD-based subs using MultiAVCHD. I've been successfully ripping subtitled DVDs, both PAL and NTSC, using this method for years, but I no longer can. Zero subs are actually extracted.

No errors when ripping Blu-ray subs (for the most part), but my tests of the very same titles which once extracted perfectly now fail every time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java. I've tried various versions of BDSup2Sub. I've gone so far as to strip the MultiAVCHD install back to zero and install components again, one by one. Absolutely nothing I've tried has brought this functionality back to life.

I'm on Windows 7 Professional; I've repeated the same error on Windows 8. I'm just baffled, since it worked fine for years. Does anyone have any clues? I've researched the heck out of this and found no answers.

Last edited by Wink Dinkerson; 5th September 2016 at 19:11.
Wink Dinkerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 19:22   #2  |  Link
Wink Dinkerson

No one? Surely some of y'all are still using MultiAVCHD to re-author BDs. If there's a replacement piece of software which offers as much versatility (in terms of ripping MPEG2 DVDs, with subs, and converting to BR), let me know!
Wink Dinkerson is offline   Reply With Quote