Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 16th September 2008, 08:13   #2021  |  Link
nirmal_dvd

Hi epiphone
can u help , i want know about buffer value in hdmv authoring
nirmal_dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:41   #2022  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmal_dvd View Post
Hi epiphone
can u help , i want know about buffer value in hdmv authoring
LOL...so do I
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 23:20   #2023  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

'AV Frame Too Large' Error?

I get this error when trying to remux:

The Bourne Ultimatum (HD-DVD -> TS (VC-1+ 5.1 PCM)

The Perfect Storm (BluRay -> M2TS (VC-1 + 5.1 PCM)

The only constant is VC-1 and PCM but I have muxed a lot of other VC-1/PCM BluRay/HD-DVD's w/o problems? I Googled and found a post over at SlySoft but the guy wound up re-installing all his A/V apps and I don't have time for that. Anybody know how to fix this or increase the AV buffer in tsMuxeR. I haven't tried running these through Scenarist yet but that's my next move...Anybody

sm0k3 time
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 00:46   #2024  |  Link
Nullity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullity View Post
My fault, you are correct, MKVmerge doesn't accept TrueHD audio. I had thought I gotten it to work a while back when I was doing a bunch of format testing, but I must have been mistaken.

Sorry about that, I guess I should have tested it again to make sure before I replied.

EDIT: Oddly enough, when trying to import a thd+ac3 audio file, MKVmerge accepts it, but thinks it is an AVC/h.264 video stream.
I have an (unfortunate) update on this...

I emailed Mosu, the mkvtoolnix maintainer, about adding TrueHD support:

Quote:
Hello,

I love your mkvtoolnix programs and I had a question regarding upcoming features. I see that you have recently added support for DTS-MA and 7.1 channel E-AC3 (in latest beta) audio, but I was wondering if you had any plans to add support for the Dolby TrueHD format?

I like to backup my Blu-ray disks to mkv and play them from a media server. Many Blu-rays include a TrueHD audio track that I would like to use, but as it is not yet supported, I must use a lower quality track, or convert to PCM which takes up a huge amount of hard disk space.

If you haven't already planned to, please consider supporting Dolby TrueHD audio.

Thank you for your time.
And his response...

Quote:
Probably not. I don't have specs for Dolby TrueHD, nor do I have such files.

Regards,
Mosu
Bummer
Nullity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 03:58   #2025  |  Link
anhba

Hello, when a ripped M2TS or TS, MKV file is opened in tsMuxeR (v1.4.8.b) I used to see the language of each track such as eng, spa, ger etc. but now it shows nothing against each track (all blank).
Can anyone please help me regain this capability?
THANKS!
anhba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 23:20   #2026  |  Link
ibius

Hi all, I wanna demux LPCM audio from one of the BD movies and I just found out that tsmuxer doesnt fully support the format.
When I try to demux it with tsmuxer I dont get track info in the status window, the process is taking way too long and after aborting I get an WAV file.
What other tool would you guys recommend, maybe tsremux, although there isnt really an option for that and I get almost 100% cpu usage on my old 2 GHz Athlon XP when tsremux is running.?

Cheers
ibius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 23:46   #2027  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibius View Post
Hi all, I wanna demux LPCM audio from one of the BD movies and I just found out that tsmuxer doesnt fully support the format.
When I try to demux it with tsmuxer I dont get track info in the status window, the process is taking way too long and after aborting I get an WAV file.
What other tool would you guys recommend, maybe tsremux, although there isnt really an option for that and I get almost 100% cpu usage on my old 2 GHz Athlon XP when tsremux is running.?

Cheers
eac3to
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 00:41   #2028  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexGen76 View Post
Can anyone explain why im getting a Unsupported Format error.Some tracks not recognized.I rip my file off BD to my Harddrive using Anydvd HD. For some reason this is happen to every BD i rip but i never had this issue before until a few weeks ago.Thxs
You are getting this error because of the digital copy that comes with the BD, it is most likey AAC audio that is giving the error.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 09:47   #2029  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
it is most likey AAC audio that is giving the error.
How can that be? AAC audio is not a Blu-ray specified audio format!
Old 20th September 2008, 10:33   #2030  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:

Cheers
What do you want to do with the demuxed LPCM file?
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 12:59   #2031  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
How can that be? AAC audio is not a Blu-ray specified audio format!

I have yet to use the digital copy that comes with most BDs nowadays (no use for them), I'm only speculating that the problem is there and that is the audio format used. Does anybody know what audio format is packed with the digital copy?

Let me rephrase: Is the digital copy on the actual BD or is it downloaded from another source with a code or something like that?
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 13:50   #2032  |  Link
ibius

@hdpete: I wanna mux it back in, this specific BD release has many audio tracks, I just wanna keep the LPCM audio.
There is a tool called Pcm2Tsmu, its a little utility to convert lpcm files to a format accepted by TsMuxer (lpcm data in blocks with little headers).
ibius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 18:32   #2033  |  Link
saunupe1911

Guys I need some help. Subtitles aren't showing up in my M2TS files while playing them back on a PS3. I always leave the subtitle check boxes checked whenever I convert an MKV, but the it seems the PS3 is not recognizing them when I hit the subtitle button or tab. What am I doing wrong?
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 19:16   #2034  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
@hdpete: I wanna mux it back in, this specific BD release has many audio tracks, I just wanna keep the LPCM audio.
There is a tool called Pcm2Tsmu, its a little utility to convert lpcm files to a format accepted by TsMuxer (lpcm data in blocks with little headers).
You can use eac3to to extract the LPCM audio, see eac3to:How to use

After know the 'title' (2 for instance), the 'track' (5 for instance), 'bitdepth' (16), 'channels' (8) and 'samplerate' (96000), the final sintax can be like:

eac3to "your_folder_source" 2) 5: stdout.pcm | Pcm2Tsmu - output.pcm -i 16 -c 8 -s 96000
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 19:26   #2035  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Guys I need some help. Subtitles aren't showing up in my M2TS files while playing them back on a PS3. I always leave the subtitle check boxes checked whenever I convert an MKV, but the it seems the PS3 is not recognizing them when I hit the subtitle button or tab. What am I doing wrong?
PS3 don't display subtitles from loose M2TS files.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 19:38   #2036  |  Link
saunupe1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
PS3 don't display subtitles from loose M2TS files.
Crap, i never realized that. What about VOB files? I'm trying to watch Eastern Promises and of course I can't understand the Russian. Does anyone have a solution for Subtitle watching on a PS3
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 23:45   #2037  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Blu-Ray structure
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 00:15   #2038  |  Link
Butterfly666

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Crap, i never realized that. What about VOB files? I'm trying to watch Eastern Promises and of course I can't understand the Russian. Does anyone have a solution for Subtitle watching on a PS3

Yep bluray structure (AVCHD) The resolution of the movie must be 1920*1080 or 1280*720. If the resolution is not correct, you will get a greenbar on the screen
Butterfly666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:36   #2039  |  Link
G_M_C

I've come across something strange, and i want to ask if somebody knows what's up ...

I've made a reencode/backup of a BD, and for expirimental reasons i've tried to remux the original DTS-MA. According to duppies expiriments it should work, but i get some strange results.

I add my H264 file, and set framerate. After this i add the DTS-MA track, and set language. I alsso set the "split" -option to 4,35 GiB, and up to this moment averything works fine. Then i start muxing, first to M2TS because i need those 2 files to end up with 2 "BD5's. And that works fine too.

But now the strange thing: When i cancel the operation, and for example end up with a 2 GB M2TS and make that into a BD5, the resulting BD5 plays fine after burning. But when I let the whole operation finish and make the complete 4,35 GiB BD5 & burn that, my player says "unsupported".

So "partially finished" files work, really finished product doesnt And that only with DTS-MA files, all other audio-streams work ....

I've come up with the idea that it might be that somehow only smaller M2TS-files with DTS-MA will work. So this evening i'll try and see if a BD5 with 2 * 2,175 GiB M2TS-files will work (hopefully the split-option on tsMuxeR works correctly on blu-ray; I've seen that it splits, and creates different M2TS in the STREAM-directory, but I havent tested it yet to see if it makes a working playlist).

Any ideas / suggestions, or is it a error in the players firmware ?

Last edited by G_M_C; 23rd September 2008 at 12:39.
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:20   #2040  |  Link
jofarmer

meta file how to / Ubuntu/Linux how to

Please forgive me, but I do not have the time to go to the over 100 pages of this thread. Searching it did not bring up an answer to my question:

Is there a Linux how-to anywhere? I tried creating the meta file by myself, but now that I think I did everything right I just get a "VBV buffer overflow at position xxxx.xx" error at a rate of several hundred errors/sek.

The resulting file (a mux of several .sup and .ac3 and one .264) has roughly the right size but will not play back in vlc...
jofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer