Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 1st August 2003, 11:59   #1  |  Link
Koepi

OGM FAQ

Aloha,

since the development on OGM (OggDS/OggMux/...) has restarted it's time to put together a small FAQ to give some support for the most popular questions.

Here we go!

01) Where do I get the necessary directshow filters?
A new filterset is released by the radlight team, find it here: http://www.oggmedia.info/. In the current state seeking doesn't jump to keyframes, so for a short time the image might be a little garbled.
You can get them at Tobias' site for now.
The new development will put the binaries and sources to a new sourceforge project most likely.

02) I can't put subtitles in my OGM, OggMux just refuses to work(i.e. with an error message box)!
For muxing in subtitles install the SubTitDS-filters from Tobias' site. Uninstall them when you're done and use Gabest's subtitle filters for playback. The subtitle filters from Tobias seem to have speed issues, resulting in jerky playback sometimes!

03) Well, I did uninstall the SubTitDS-filters (or never had them installed) and playback is jerky
Head over to the ffdshow sourceforge archive and download the latest ffdshow alpha build. Install it and set it to decode divx. The DivX directshow filter has issues which cause these playback troubles, when using ffdshow they're gone.
Some soundcards/drivers produce jerky playback as well. Change from "default waveout device" to "default directsound device" then. Find a small tool which can do that in this thread attached to a post of me.
If that all doesn't help, try setting the output from ieee-float to 16bit wave.

04) When using multiple audio tracks, after switching between them the movie runs at double speed!
Well, there's a serious design flaw in the current OGM splitter filter. Two solutions are possible: install the Morgan Stream Switcher or make sure that you only use the same amount of channels and the same sampling rate for multiple audio tracks in OGM for now!

05) I don't want to blow up the size of my AC3. How do I mux them?
Nic has released a version of OggMux which can do that: http://nic.dnsalias.com/OggMux_Nic.zip . Those changes will be put into the "official" OggMux soon.

--
Ok, this is just a small starter, I will of course extend this list if there are further known solutions/problems. I need some of your input though as I don't have too much time to search together all problems and solutions/workarounds. Thanks for your support - and have fun with OGM!

Best regards
Koepi

Last edited by Koepi; 4th February 2005 at 10:44.
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2003, 19:58   #2  |  Link
Animaniac

SubTitDS always loads in the filter graph, and it does a colorspace conversion to YUV2 as well. VSFilter works great, and there's no need for SubTitDS in terms of playnack. If you guys could add support for Gabest's subtitle source filters, that would be awesome.
Animaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2003, 17:35   #3  |  Link
Alestrix
XviDVorbisOgmXcd-believer

Quote:
Originally posted by dubious buccaneer
Here's an OGM question:

How can I extract chapter info from an OGM?

I can do this manually using VirtualDubMod's 'Video Comments', but it doesn't have a 'save to txt' option...
Use OGMInfo from http://cyrius.bunkus.org/

- Alex
Alestrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2005, 06:42   #4  |  Link
Trigger911

thanx for the info and the links i got a way better ogm tool now one i had suxered sooooo bad keep up the good work.
Old 10th August 2019, 12:08   #5  |  Link
KamUsedia

Ogm faq

OGM uses the ogg audio codec and usually xvid or divx video codec. Youll need these to be installed to transcode/re-encode.

The best alternative would be to invest a very small amount in a standalone player like an Xbox 1 that is capable of playing the ogm files without any conversion.
KamUsedia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, ogm