Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 9th May 2008, 00:16   #281  |  Link
SimpleWhite

Hello,
I'm noob in AACS decryptions. Could anybody please tell me what to do for rip any Blue-Ray discs and watch movie or rip and burn disc step-by-step?
As I understand I need to use aacskeys.exe for get decryption key? What do next?

Thanks you very much!
SimpleWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:24   #282  |  Link
mrginthehouse@hotmail.com

nothink is happening when i run the aacskeys .
mrginthehouse@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:45   #283  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Can't help you. We need a lot more information. What exactly are you typing? What are you trying to decrypt? What drive are you using, etc.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:35   #284  |  Link
odin24

Help with aacskeys please & thanks

This is my first time trying this approach at ripping a BD. I was able to retrieve the VID using DumpVid, do I then use this number with aacskeys to retrieve the CPS key? I'm using aacskeys v0.2.9

I enter; directory\aacskeys [drive letter] ["n", or, "s", or "v"] [Vol ID]

I then get this error;

Could not find a Processing Key or Device Key resulting in the Media Key.

Aborting...

ERROR: PROCESSMKB errnr: -2

Also, I'm not sure how to determine if the BD falls under the MKBv3 status as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 16:20   #285  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
I was able to retrieve the VID using DumpVid, do I then use this number with aacskeys to retrieve the CPS key?
Yes, if your drive has been upgraded to MKBv3 or later this is the way to do it.

Unfortunately your disc seems to be MKBv4 or newer, there is no known Processing Key for these discs so you are currently out of luck (with aacskeys).

To check the MKB version of the disc, open the file AACS\MKB_RO.inf in a hex editor and look at offset 0x08, the next 4 bytes are the version number.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 21:08   #286  |  Link
odin24

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00
Yes, if your drive has been upgraded to MKBv3 or later this is the way to do it.
Upgraded? Is this through firmware provided by the manufacturer or am I missing something? I just purchased my BD drive not too long ago so I'm fairly new at this... can you tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00
To check the MKB version of the disc, open the file AACS\MKB_RO.inf in a hex editor and look at offset 0x08, the next 4 bytes are the version number.
I've never used hex editor, could you reccommend one? Preferrably noob friendly if possible. Just point me in the right direction and I'll figure out thie rest

Thanks for your help KenD00,
O!
Old 27th June 2008, 08:16   #287  |  Link
KenD00

No, the revokation lists inside the BD drive get updated whenever a disc with a newer MKB version is authenticated by a software player (or aacskeys) to decrypt the disc, maybe already when the disc is inserted into the drive.

For a start about hex editors, maybe this can help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hex_editor.

Perhaps AnyDVD HD is the better solution for you, its also the only program which currently can decrypt MKBv4 or later discs .

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 10:47   #288  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
No, the revokation lists inside the BD drive get updated whenever a disc with a newer MKB version is authenticated by a software player (or aacskeys) to decrypt the disc, maybe already when the disc is inserted into the drive.

For a start about hex editors, maybe this can help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hex_editor.

Perhaps AnyDVD HD is the better solution for you, its also the only program which currently can decrypt MKBv4 or later discs .

Yeah, I've since aquired AnyDVD HD... a fabulous proggy might I add. However, this sorta stuff interests me and I'd like to learn all about it eventually.

Thanks again,
O!
Old 5th July 2008, 20:02   #289  |  Link
kkloster21

I have been reading several threads around here, trying to figure out a way to play blu-ray movies on my computer. I have an Intel core 2 quad Q9450 and i am running linux (Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron, 64-bit version). I have a LG GGC-H20L blu-ray drive. The more i read, the more confused i get though.

I was able to apply the UDF 2.5 patch. I am able to get dumpHD running but i can't get the aacskeys library compiled for my 64-bit OS. (i think i am having a problem similar to fenton06 with my openssl installation) I was able to use a the precompiled binary version of aacskeys that sothis_ did. It only worked for one movie though. the other discs i tried did the same thing as fenton06 in his post #276 - it just sits there and doesn't do anything. i'm assuming that's a problem with the disc MKB version (and it probably updated the revocation list in my BD-ROM drive).

for the one disc i was able to decrypt and dump, i could watch all the special features (as separate .m2ts files) but i could NOT view the main feature (the actual movie). it started up and i could see and hear the MGM lion roar but then the picture stops moving (but the sound continues). i've read about other people having this problem also and read about some people having to mux the audio and video streams (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...=dumphd&page=3) - is that necessary?

it's difficult to map the software landscape of all the tools that you guys have created. I have seen awhitehead's list of tools here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=dumphd
but it's tough (i think) for newer people like me to know how to use those tools together to just be able to watch a blu-ray movie on a (linux) computer.

i'd like to be able to watch blu-rays on my computer. but i'd also like to see a sort of "User's Guide to Watching Blu-ray Movies on a PC" available - a step by step guide to help new or experienced PC users get blu-ray going on their machines. I would love to write this guide myself, but first i need to know how to do it myself. I think what guys are doing (writing software tools and making them available to everyone) is awesome. i'd like to contribute in any way i can if possible.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 21:01   #290  |  Link
setarip_old

@kkloster21

Hi!
Quote:
I have a LG GGC-H20L blu-ray drive.
Quote:
i'd like to be able to watch blu-rays on my computer.
Is there some reason you can't play and watch your original Bluray discs on your system?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 21:13   #291  |  Link
kkloster21

Maybe i should have said "i'd like to figure out how to watch blu-ray movies on my computer."

I've tried a few of these programs (DumpHD with aacskeys) and i haven't had much luck. i guess with the newest blu-ray discs, the MKB version is updated, rendering a lot of this software ineffective. (it seems this way from what i've read here - is that incorrect?)
Old 5th July 2008, 22:11   #292  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
Maybe i should have said "i'd like to figure out how to watch blu-ray movies on my computer."
Sorry, perhaps I'm a bit slow today, but I still don't understand, if as you've stated, you have a Bluray drive as part of your system, why can't you simply play your original Bluray discs on your computer?
Old 5th July 2008, 22:58   #293  |  Link
kkloster21

As i understand, retail blu-ray movie discs are encrypted with AACS encryption. I don't know of any linux compatible media players that can decrypt and play these movies on the fly. It's possible that such a program exists and i just don't know about it. does anyone here know of any linux media players that can playback blu-ray movies straight from the disc?
Old 5th July 2008, 23:01   #294  |  Link
Gusar

@setarip_old: He's running Linux. So it's not just plopping in the disc and starting PowerDVD.

@kkloster21: Playing Blu-ray movies in Linux is not easy. A patched MPlayer and only a patched MPlayer can play the movie, if you can decrypt it. That's a big if though. You're basically limited to movies for which the VUK is available in this thread. If no VUK is available, you're pretty much screwed unless you also have Windows on your machine.
Gusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 23:12   #295  |  Link
setarip_old

Sorry, I missed the Linux-only limitation.

Be that as it may, these most recent posts are mystifying to me. Perhaps someone can explain why you would purchase a Bluray drive for a system on which you can't play Bluray discs?
Old 5th July 2008, 23:16   #296  |  Link
kkloster21

Thanks Gusar. so a patched MPlayer is the only thing that can do it... I was able to watch some of the special features (after being dumped by DumpHD) in VLC though, as i said i wasn't able to watch the movie itself. VLC won't play decrypted movies?
Old 5th July 2008, 23:20   #297  |  Link
kkloster21

@setarip_old: I just built the computer and i wanted to put in a blu-ray drive at time of build. I figured there would be a way to make it happen, even if it takes a few weeks or months and some work on my part. if its absolutely impossible to do on linux then i can always dual boot with windows but, i'd prefer not to have to do that.
Old 6th July 2008, 01:54   #298  |  Link
setarip_old

@kkloster21

(I promise, this is the last question I'll ask you about this)

Thanks for taking the time to respond ;>} - But, yet again, although I know it's not important to you that I understand, perhaps you can explain what you mean by:
Quote:
if its absolutely impossible to do on linux then i can always dual boot with windows but, i'd prefer not to have to do that.
If you have Windows available on your system, once again, you can certainly effortlessly play your original Bluray discs on your system...

Last edited by setarip_old; 6th July 2008 at 01:56.
Old 6th July 2008, 02:42   #299  |  Link
kkloster21

@setarip_old: no worries about the questions! I don't have windows installed on my system now but if that's the only way to watch blu-rays on my computer then i'll setup a dual boot configuration.

@Gusar: any idea where i can find that mplayer patch? i looked around for it and couldn't find anything.

Last edited by kkloster21; 6th July 2008 at 02:44.
Old 10th July 2008, 15:42   #300  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkloster21 View Post
@setarip_old: no worries about the questions! I don't have windows installed on my system now but if that's the only way to watch blu-rays on my computer then i'll setup a dual boot configuration.
You can thank the studios and their paranoia about piracy for that. There are so many rules and restrictions with the HD discs, that an open environment like Linux could never be trusted with such precious material (even Macs are not good enough). Therefore, the only official players that you will see will be for Windows (because it's so darn secure and robust!! ). Eventually, I'm sure that open source projects like MPlayer will have the ability to playback complete HD disc structures, but it may not be for a year or two or more... They may even have the ability to decrypt on the fly by then! For now though, you will most likely need to either watch the disc in Windows, or do some processing to it in Windows (decrypting, transcoding, etc.) before it can be played in Linux.
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote