Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 15th January 2010, 00:37   #1  |  Link
john920

BD Rebuilder 2nd pass encode fail

I am using the latest bd-reuilder, ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter and avisynth to make full disc bd-25 backups. I have been quite successful with my main system an AMD x2 240 2.8 ghz pc, amd chipset running winxp pro sp2, until Dark Knight. That failed on a 2nd pass encode. I had to transfer the files to my older, AMD athlon 64 4000 2.8 ghz pc, via chipset. This machine did the work, but in four days. All was fine until the watchmen, same thing, 2nd pass fail on the fast pc but takes three days on the the slow one. Now, Band of Brothers and Batman Begins... I set up another pc, an intel p4 2.8ghz, intel chipset with nothing but the BD Rebuilder required files on it, same problems as the amd x2. both of those 2 did partial rebuilds, the intel and the amd x2, but failed on the second pass of secondary video near the end of the video list. I am perplexed?!?!? I have exportend the ffdshow settings from the oldest machine into both of the new machines with no luck. All 3 pc's have the same codec packs, at least to my knoledge they do. I don't know if there could be some kind of chipset issue or what... I do know that the Band of Brothers secondary video is 480p VC-1 the 1080 vc-1 video all encodes fine only the 480 video is causing a problem... I have validated copies of winxp sp2 and windows media 11 on all 3 systems....
any suggestions....? do you need more info from me? I have been banging my head for 2 weeks now on this one because it works on one machine on not the other two
Thanks...
The rips were done with any dvdHD
john920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 11:22   #2  |  Link
john920

Today I tried Terminator Savation and it failed all the VC-1 encoding on the fast pc, my slow amd athlon is doing it right now,nd will be for the next two days... how can i fix this?
Old 15th January 2010, 14:36   #3  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I am using the latest bd-reuilder, ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter and avisynth...
Did you use the AVISYNTH, HAALI, and FFDSHOW that are linked on the first page of this thread? Other versions (even newer ones) can fail.

Also -- are you using the X264.EXE that is included in the BD-RB zip file? It is a special patched version...
Old 17th January 2010, 13:13   #4  |  Link
john920

Thank you jdobbs you are the master that problem is solved!!!!!!!
Old 17th January 2010, 20:52   #5  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Did you use the AVISYNTH, HAALI, and FFDSHOW that are linked on the first page of this thread? Other versions (even newer ones) can fail.

Also -- are you using the X264.EXE that is included in the BD-RB zip file? It is a special patched version...
I think I posted about that few months ago, but having all these posts about wrong/newer versions used, I'd again suggest that you simply make BD Rebuilder refuse to operate and print a LOG line for user to install the proper versions of the tools needed.

You can check x264, ffdshow and (probably) haali splitter and don't bother with these reports anymore. It should make life easier for you. If you want to keep the option people to experiment and bug-report with other versions, just add a hidden option override_all_tools_versions_check=1 and don't put it in the hidden-options.txt file

Dean

Last edited by deank; 17th January 2010 at 20:55.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 00:13   #6  |  Link
jdobbs

That's why I was so hopeful for FFMS2.DLL -- if it worked correctly, it would eliminate the need for HAALI and FFDSHOW in my setup -- but it turned out to be (at least now) more trouble than it was worth.
Old 18th January 2010, 01:55   #7  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's why I was so hopeful for FFMS2.DLL -- if it worked correctly, it would eliminate the need for HAALI and FFDSHOW in my setup -- but it turned out to be (at least now) more trouble than it was worth.
What about using the new FFMS input option for x264? What limitations of that are currently problematic?
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 02:06   #8  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
What about using the new FFMS input option for x264? What limitations of that are currently problematic?
I haven't tried it yet in x264 -- the problems I ran into with the AVISYNTH plug-in were with interlaced VC-1 sources. I also got other trouble reports related to audio/video sync and framecounts, but I didn't do a lot of investigating on that before I switched back to 100% FFDSHOW input.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th January 2010 at 02:09.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2nd pass, bd rebuilder, vc-1