Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd May 2013, 12:01   #3181  |  Link
nul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
ok, I understand what you mean.

But,
when you uncheck "normalize peaks to" then "apply dynamicrange compression" checkbox should be unchecked automatically. Isn't it?
nul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 12:37   #3182  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

No. DRC does not depend on peak normalization. In general, it can be applied to unnormalized samples; whether the result sounds convenient, is another topic.

When a Dolby Digital source with integrated dynamic range metadata is processed, "Dynamic Range Compression" is applied in the AC3 decoder, using the DRC metadata in the AC3 stream, without analyzing its volume range. Read the documentation of the Azid decoder, if you can still find it, or the help files packaged with BeSweet based converters (BeSweet used a DLL version of Azid).

Peak normalization would be applied to the decoded PCM audio afterwards, and requires a 2-pass process (a first pass finding the peak volume, a second pass multiplying the whole audio with the matching factor) to avoid volume pumping known from 1-pass techniques (owners of 80's Music Cassette tape recorders may remember the AGC = Automatic Gain Control). BeSweet did that in its OTA Post-Gain feature.

If a separate dynamic range compression was applied, independent of the audio source format (e.g. using a "Compander" = compressor/expander filter), then a pre-normalization may be suitable, but it could be implemented independently just as well.

BeSweet uses a very simple numerical sample-based compressor in its "Boost" feature (which will distort the sound with harmonics, which some may, others may not like). Typical compander filters in music software will use a rather linear amplifier instead with a lookahead window to adapt its factor; choosing inappropriate response and decay durations may lead to daft music ...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 6th May 2013 at 13:03.
LigH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 13:58   #3183  |  Link
Marsu42
Huba Huba

1. I find the megui oneclick folder queue handling a bit strange and unexpected esp. in comparison to the more intuitive handbrake gui method: After adding a folder all files contained are added to the queue just like queuing them manually one by one. The advantages are that you are able to see what's queued and can remove individual items if needed - plus the whole queue wouldn't stop on any error encountered like it seems to be now (like ffmsindex or mp4 demuxing failure)

2. I'd like to link the post with the ffmsindex wmv problems here - sorry, didn't know about the three exisiting megui threads: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1626860#post1626860

As I read ffmsindex isn't advised for wmv but it seems to work anyway, so the problems I'm encountering are either...
a) "just" a megui problem of handling ffmsindex error return codes and megui thinks it has failed when it really hasn't or...
b) ffmsindex really doesn't work on wmv reliably, in this case it'd make sense to use another input method like directshowsource in oneclick?

3. Last imho an option to *append* a custom string to the oneclick "Project Name" would be nice, the current "Leading" isn't as easy to sort with the original files.

Last edited by Marsu42; 12th May 2013 at 14:19.
Marsu42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 15:07   #3184  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsu42 View Post
1. I find the megui oneclick folder queue handling a bit strange and unexpected esp. in comparison to the more intuitive handbrake gui method: After adding a folder all files contained are added to the queue just like queuing them manually one by one. The advantages are that you are able to see what's queued and can remove individual items if needed - plus the whole queue wouldn't stop on any error encountered like it seems to be now (like ffmsindex or mp4 demuxing failure)
For my use case it works better the way it is now (limited HD space). Nevertheless I may add an option to choose the batch mode in the future.

Quote:
2. I'd like to link the post with the ffmsindex wmv problems here - sorry, didn't know about the three exisiting megui threads: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1626860#post1626860
Please upload the WMV file and the full log.

Quote:
3. Last imho an option to *append* a custom string to the oneclick "Project Name" would be nice, the current "Leading" isn't as easy to sort with the original files.
May also be added in a future release (not unlikely as I need this feature as well).
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 20:06   #3185  |  Link
Zathor

The first two likely will be added, not sure about the other two. Please post them all in the bug/feature tracker, because
Quote:
Originally Posted by jq963152 View Post
...there was no MeGUI core update since then.
no time at the moment.
Old 17th May 2013, 05:34   #3186  |  Link
invy

seperate buttons in OCE for add folder and add file, please? i.e., not in a single menu.
invy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 15:56   #3187  |  Link
luke83

If i try to downmixing audio 5.1 to stereo, Megui crashes

Last edited by luke83; 17th May 2013 at 20:38.
luke83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 14:05   #3188  |  Link
Zathor

Please post your log
Old 18th May 2013, 14:55   #3189  |  Link
luke83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please post your log
The problem is this: nothing appears on log. When encoding starts... POP Megui shutdown itself.

If i modify a setting and then start the econding, that setting is rollbacked
Old 18th May 2013, 15:41   #3190  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Actually when you first select the AVC Profile and then select the AVC Level after that it works correctly. But when you already have choosen the AVC Level and then choose the AVC Profile after that, then it will be messed up, the VBV restrictions do not get altered accordingly then.
Thanks - fixed
Old 18th May 2013, 15:42   #3191  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke83 View Post
The problem is this: nothing appears on log. When encoding starts... POP Megui shutdown itself.

If i modify a setting and then start the econding, that setting is rollbacked
Nothing at all? Even not the AviSynth script used?
Old 18th May 2013, 16:00   #3192  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
So, for CRF allowed values are between 0 and 51 and for QP allowed values are between 0 and 69. And not between 0 and 64 like it is currently.
Thanks - fixed.

Quote:
Well, it looks like "DXVA" and "iPhone 4S/5, iPad 3/4/mini, WDTV" share exactly the same settings. So "DXVA" probably could be merged in there as well.
No, they are different. DXVA is not limited in terms of resolution. The other is limited to 1920x1080.
Old 18th May 2013, 16:09   #3193  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2349 [x264] fixed max values for --crf and --qp
2348 [x264] vbv enhancements
            - vbv values are shown in red if the values are too high or not limited
            - as too high values are also logged by x264 as a warning the MeGUI log warning has been removed
            - fixed not applying proper vbv values if only changing the AVC profile
2347 [Log] improved logging - console output is added to the log immediately
2346 [HD Streams Extractor] select audio/subtitle tracks without language tag by default
2345 [MP4 Muxer] revert r2299 (allow Nero & Apple Chapters styles muxing for better interoperability with players)
2344 [AVS Script Creator] + [OneClick] fixed memory leak when using autocrop. Bug #653
2343 [x264] fixed wrong detection of errors if file name contains "error"
2342 [OneClick] enhanced error handling
Old 19th May 2013, 12:52   #3194  |  Link
luke83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Nothing at all? Even not the AviSynth script used?
yes
Old 19th May 2013, 17:58   #3195  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Although i do not understand why you haven't added the MOV container / .mov filename extension to "All supported encodable files".
Still on the list but no time. I consider that a feature request. I plan to remove all special file type selections in that file open box. Instead you can select all files and depending on the MediaInfo the file will be processed.

DXVA - sorry, no clue. Need time to investigate and guess what is limited...?

Quote:
I just tried to encode a 2560x1440 video with the "iPhone 4S/5, iPad 3/4/mini, WDTV" setting.

But the resolution was not limited to 1920x1080. It encoded at 2560x1440 just fine.

The only thing that happened was a warning in the log:

But nothing else.

Is that a bug?

Or what did you mean with "limited"?
In OneClick it will be limited. In AVS Script Creator in cannot be limited as at that time the video encoder profile is not known (or can be changed afterwards). In that case a warning will appear.
Old 19th May 2013, 18:00   #3196  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke83 View Post
yes
Please have a look in the megui\log folder. There must be an intermediate log file - post the complete file. Please update to 2349 (development server) before.
Old 25th May 2013, 15:22   #3197  |  Link
detmek

Hi. I have a problem with MeGUI and One-Click encoder. For some reason when I set audio codec to "encode if codec does not match" QAAC profile, but codec does match (sorce is AAC-LC) MeGUI assumes that, after demuxing, raw aac stream is always SBR when it tries to mux it to mkv container even if stream is AAC-LC.

Log:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5_16-08-08.log
detmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 15:33   #3198  |  Link
Zathor

MKVMerge detects this for raw aac files automatically. Currently MeGUI does not override this detection. Please upload a sample file and I will have a look at it.
EDIT: MeGUI detects it also - investigating your source file...

Last edited by Zathor; 25th May 2013 at 15:53.
Old 25th May 2013, 15:40   #3199  |  Link
detmek

Sample:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...t%20sample.mkv
detmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 16:04   #3200  |  Link
Zathor

Please try this build and report back:
http://megui.org/test/MeGUI.zip