Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th December 2001, 12:59   #1  |  Link
rudeboymcc

SVCD doesn't play on windvd.

I just made an SVCD using DVD2SVCD with a full version of CCE, and i burned it using Daemon then Nero. Everything was successfull, but when i put it in my DVD drive it doesn't ato play. when i try openning it from windvd it only works if i select the actual movie file, not the drive. will this SVCD work on a standalone??
rudeboymcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2001, 13:17   #2  |  Link
tenebrenz

Will it work on standalon? Maybe, maybe not. Something has obviously gone wrong somewhere as windvd should detect it as a disc. In Nero did you burn as SVCD?
Old 16th December 2001, 13:31   #3  |  Link
rudeboymcc

no

Daemon is a program that makes a "phantom" cd drive. what it does is it gets the image files that dvd2svcd makes and makes them seem like it's a cd somehow on the phantom drive. then in nero, i just clicked cd copy and selected the phantom drive after i loaded the image onto the phatom drive.

when i load the image in nero, the cd making goes to 100% and then stops when it tries to lead out and the cd isn't readable.
rudeboymcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2001, 16:29   #4  |  Link
Kedirekin

A long time ago, after I first installed WinDVD, it would auto-play my SVCDs from my DVD drive. It even supported chapters.

However, I tried to change it to my CD drive once, and it has never worked since. Changing it back to my DVD drive doesn't restore the auto-play behavior. I haven't gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall.

Auto-play has never worked on my second PC.

Because of this, I don't consider WinDVD all that great of a player. It shouldn't show this inconsistent behavior.
Kedirekin is offline   Reply With Quote