Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 2nd January 2002, 17:37   #1  |  Link
fuji250

CCE isnt encoding as fast as it used to

first off...here's my system specs: Duron 900@1010mhz, 256mb PC133 RAM, 40gb 7200RPM ATA-100 running on Win2k with all service packs and updates.

i used to be able to pull of speeds of about .800, which was pretty good...but now im down to about .396...with the same exact settings. what went wrong here? essentially, im ripping the same thing as i did last time (sopranos box set) and now all of a sudden it's piss poor slow...what can i do to fix it (besides get a new chip). i recently upgraded to the newest versions of DVD2SVCD, does anybody think that has anything to do with it?
fuji250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 00:47   #2  |  Link
chainsaw135

I have a question have you tried encoding just using cce and not using like the dvd2svcd program?
chainsaw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 01:10   #3  |  Link
fuji250

i dont even bother trying to encode with CCE by itself...fucking thing crashes on me all the time and gives me more headaches than anything else...that's why i was delighted when i saw that not only did DVD2SVCD automate the SVCD creation process for me, but it also managed to get CCE working optimumly and stable
fuji250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 01:16   #4  |  Link
chainsaw135

Ok what happens if you reinstall the last version of dvd2svcd that worked faster for you..is there a speed increase or does it stay the same. Doing that should answer your own question if upgrading 2 dvdsvcd 1.0.5 build 4 has slowed you up
chainsaw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 01:47   #5  |  Link
dvd2svcd

If CCE is slow, the first thing you do is open the AVS file in notepad, if either InverseTelecine or TemporalSmoother is in use, well, then you have the explenation to why CCE is slow. InversereTelecine is slow as hell, and your speed values sounds as if IVTC was activated by dvd2svcd.
Old 3rd January 2002, 11:43   #6  |  Link
[-oKs-]

i found that my cce speeds increased when i either

1: reinstalled my os regularly
2: used a registry cleaner

hope this helps
[-oKs-] is offline   Reply With Quote