Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning

Old 17th March 2004, 12:40   #1  |  Link
MaximumForce

Home movies Jitter when burnt to DVDr

I've captured video from a VHS source to my hard drive. Since I am running out of disk space I decided to move the AVI files to a DVDr. The problem is when the video is played back from the DVDr there is a lot of jitter - of the jerky type (stop start). The video is 320/240. Should I set the write speed to 1x? Or does my video have inconsistent number of lines, maybe I should interlace or deinterlace or something. If so which programs. I think I would like to keep the original AVI format rather than convert to mpeg. I appreciate your help.
MaximumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2004, 12:55   #2  |  Link
bb

Do you play back the video on a PC or on a (DivX capable) DVD player? If it's on the PC, maybe your DVD-ROM drive has problems with the media?

bb
bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2004, 13:25   #3  |  Link
MaximumForce

Hey bb, I play it back on the PC using Pioneer 106D burner and software WinFastDVD and Windows Media Player. So I should try it on a dvd player first.
Old 17th March 2004, 16:25   #4  |  Link
atreides93

You can keep the movie in AVI format but none of your DVD's will be DVD-compliant meaning most dvd players won't play it back! Not something I would want to do.
If the video plays fine from your hard drive, but jerky from your dvd (using the same software player to watch them), then it does sound like you're getting bad burns and the drive is having trouble reading the files. What media are you using by the way?
Try running nero cd speed to see how well the disk was burnt...if the speed goes up and down all over the place then yea its a bad burn...which is usually due to the media.
atreides93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2004, 16:37   #5  |  Link
alexnoe
Banned

If you don't have the Princo effect, then maybe you muxed MP3 VBR with NanDub?
alexnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2004, 14:46   #6  |  Link
MaximumForce

You know what I noticed... When I copied the avi files back from the DVDr to the hard drive the movies played back with no jitter. Lost the label for the dvdr's I think they're a no name brand.

Last edited by MaximumForce; 18th March 2004 at 14:49.