Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 20th January 2010, 02:28   #1041  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuLTiTaSK View Post
i was thinking about that space maybe template editor or future Blu-ray playlist switcher?
Quite right, let's save it for something useful.

Putting template editor on my to-do-feature list (already have playlist support).

Last edited by Guest; 20th January 2010 at 02:34.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 02:42   #1042  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@neuron2

nice i just noticed there is no reference link to the DGMultiDecodeNV Manual?
MuLTiTaSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 02:45   #1043  |  Link

I'll fix that for the next build. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 20th January 2010, 07:46   #1044  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

@Neuron2, thanks for the 2002 build, it solved my import issue.

Now I am trying to reproduce the strange "license not found" bug. I am unable to find the "culprit", I think I'll make a video while importing with Camtasia Studio that will show when that bug jumps out.

And, please, consider an automatic output of chapters.txt for multiple file input. It could save a lot of time when creating a multiple scene video.

One question: why, while importing vob video from a cam generated minidvd, some shows an audio delay in the output ac3 and some not? Could be possible to use dgindex to realign the audio with the video instead of creating a delayed audio?

Last edited by tormento; 20th January 2010 at 07:48.
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 09:13   #1045  |  Link
Efenstor

What is the maximum possible number of files to index? I tried loading 946 MTS files (yes, it's a very big project) and got it crashed. It seems that the limit is about 500 files or slightly more. Adding to the file list in batches (with the "Add" button) doesn't help, it still crashes. Can you please rise up the bar to say 3000? I use DGNV exclusively for working with a camcorder footage, not for ripping BD's, and often have a lot of very short segments to work with because the camcorder produces a separate file on every record/stop.
Efenstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 10:28   #1046  |  Link
Clumpco

Nice new look and handy buttons!

Ever since I started editing my h264 .ts files with VideoRedo4 (currently in beta) I get a couple of warnings on opening the files:
Code:
---------------------------
Warning
Found NALU type 13, len 2 undefined, ignore NALU, moving on

Hit Yes to continue notifying this specific error type; hit No to disable it.
Hit Cancel to suppress all further errors.
Is this anything to worry about? Life seems to go on OK if I ignore the warning. Do the VideoRedo guys need to be told to change something?
Clumpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 13:01   #1047  |  Link
hydra3333

To be clear - you're indexing a h.264 file output from VideoRedo4 and you get this error ?
hydra3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 13:29   #1048  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

@Neuron2: bug video -> HERE
Old 20th January 2010, 16:43   #1049  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
To be clear - you're indexing a h.264 file output from VideoRedo4 and you get this error ?
Yes - I get the error when I open the file in DGindexNV (usually twice if I press "Yes").

If I haven't used No or Cancel to ignore the error, I get it again when I start the indexing.
Clumpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:53   #1050  |  Link
TheProfosist

question why does the crop automatically do increments of 4 most others i have used use increments of 2 which is more precise when cropping
TheProfosist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 21:29   #1051  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
Now I am trying to reproduce the strange "license not found" bug. I am unable to find the "culprit", I think I'll make a video while importing with Camtasia Studio that will show when that bug jumps out.
You opened more files than the program supports and I guess that a resulting memory overwrite caused the license error problem. Does it ever happen when loading less than the supported 512 files?

Quote:
And, please, consider an automatic output of chapters.txt for multiple file input. It could save a lot of time when creating a multiple scene video.
I don't know what a chapters.txt file is or what it should contain.

Quote:
One question: why, while importing vob video from a cam generated minidvd, some shows an audio delay in the output ac3 and some not?
If you provide stream samples, I can tell you.

Quote:
Could be possible to use dgindex to realign the audio with the video instead of creating a delayed audio?
It's possible and it's already on my to-do list.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:30   #1052  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efenstor View Post
What is the maximum possible number of files to index? I tried loading 946 MTS files (yes, it's a very big project) and got it crashed. It seems that the limit is about 500 files or slightly more. Adding to the file list in batches (with the "Add" button) doesn't help, it still crashes. Can you please rise up the bar to say 3000? I use DGNV exclusively for working with a camcorder footage, not for ripping BD's, and often have a lot of very short segments to work with because the camcorder produces a separate file on every record/stop.
The max is currently 512. I'll increase it to 5000 in the next build.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:31   #1053  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpco View Post
Ever since I started editing my h264 .ts files with VideoRedo4 (currently in beta) I get a couple of warnings on opening the files:
Code:
Warning
Found NALU type 13, len 2 undefined, ignore NALU, moving on

Hit Yes to continue notifying this specific error type; hit No to disable it.
Hit Cancel to suppress all further errors.
Is this anything to worry about? Life seems to go on OK if I ignore the warning. Do the VideoRedo guys need to be told to change something?
Possibly. Can you please provide a link to one of these files so that I can analyze it?
Old 20th January 2010, 21:32   #1054  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfosist View Post
question why does the crop automatically do increments of 4 most others i have used use increments of 2 which is more precise when cropping
It's on my to-do list already.
Old 21st January 2010, 00:56   #1055  |  Link
nautilus7

Why not increments of 1 (with the restriction the result is mod2)? There are some cases where i need to crop 1px from one side and 1px from the other.
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:17   #1056  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Why not increments of 1 (with the restriction the result is mod2)? There are some cases where i need to crop 1px from one side and 1px from the other.
yes yes good idea ive never sen a program allow me to do that it would be really nice
Old 21st January 2010, 01:19   #1057  |  Link
Asmodian

They way color information is stored (at 1/2 resolution) gives the 2 pixel crop requirement. Look up the YV12 (or I420) color space for more information.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:30   #1058  |  Link
hajj_3

I presume DG NV tools doesn't allow you to use it without hardware acceleration for free? I know there were arguments about not including sourcecode for GPL or something for the free version and neuron stopped updating the free (non-NV) version, is this still the case or is there a way for this version to work for free without GPU support?

p.s the interface looks nice in these newer builds neuron, you'd added alot of support for new things over the past couple of months, keep up the great work
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:41   #1059  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
I presume DG NV tools doesn't allow you to use it without hardware acceleration for free?
The only decoder in there is the Nvidia CUVID one, so there is no way to do anything without that.

Stopping DGAVCDec has more to do with the serious deficiencies of libavcodec, such as its dropping of good frames (a showstopper for accurate random access), its poor performance, its lack of a native Windows build, and its lack of support, than it does with LGPL issues, which were resolved in any case.

It may come back working with Diavc, however. I gave up on considering CoreAVC because after promising an API, they now appear opposed to the idea.

Quote:
p.s the interface looks nice in these newer builds neuron, you'd added alot of support for new things over the past couple of months, keep up the great work
Thanks. I am trying hard to give people their $15 worth.

Last edited by Guest; 21st January 2010 at 01:45.
Old 21st January 2010, 01:42   #1060  |  Link
TheProfosist

3:2 pulldown

whats the easiest way to tell if the material you have is 3:2 pulldown? because MeGUI sets fieldop as 1 but i dont know if thats correct because idk hoow it came to that conclusion. Would MediaInfo tell me? or what line in the informatio window od DGindexNV would? i can post screenshots if necessary

like how can i tell the difference between something being interlaced and 3:2 pulldown?

Last edited by TheProfosist; 21st January 2010 at 01:46.