Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > HDTV / DVB / TiVo

Old 10th May 2008, 09:31   #1  |  Link
oleole

Converting a MKV file into a TRP file.

Hello all,

I have a Technomate 6800 HD capable of playing/recording HDTV sat channels. There are apparently a few clones like the Maxdigital 225 Combo.

When you record a channel it creates a .TRP, .IDX, and .IFO. I've done a few tests and the .idx and .ifo are mandatory.

I've found ways to convert the TRP into other formats (like .TS/.MKV) but I've never seen anything doing the contrary convert a .MKV into a .TRP file (of course I'd have to find a way to create the corresponding .IDX and .IFO but one thing after another). I would like to use my Technomate as HD media player.

Anyone would have an idea on achieving that ?

Thank you.

oleole
oleole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 22:47   #2  |  Link
saptecai

Hi,

No answer so far.

I was wondering if you found a solution.

Also how did you convert the trp's into mkv etc.

I have a Technomate 6900 HD combo super.

Great machine. Love the BBC HD

Ta
saptecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:16   #3  |  Link
Schmendrick

On a german forum on the Clarketech HD 5000 Combo DVB-S/S2-receiver at:

http://clarketech.funfiles.cc/thread...id=5759&page=1

a new tool has been presented which converts TS-files with either a MPEG2- or a AVC/H.264-video track and a MPEG- or AC3-audio track into a proper directory containing *.ifo, *.idx, *.trp, *.001, *002...-files. This directory has to be copied into the "\Records\"-folder on an externel USB-disk or USB-stick to be connected to the USB-port of the Clarketech HD 5000 Combo receiver. This copied recording then can be accessed within the filelist which can be opened using the remote control of the receiver and played by it.

Not only SD- but also HD-recordings can be converted and played provided they have a playable format that is recognized by the receiver system (e.g. only 25 frames per second). I think this receiver uses a STB electronics processor system which I guess is used in propably a number of other DVB-S/S2-Sat receivers from other brands.

The board where this tools has been posted uses german language but also has an english language "corner", so you might try to ask the programmer questions in english language there.

Schemendrick

Last edited by Schmendrick; 23rd February 2009 at 20:19.
Schmendrick is offline   Reply With Quote