Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th April 2016, 02:19   #1  |  Link
Fadeout

Recording a stream through MPC-HC?

I'm trying to record clips from Twitch steams and using a program called "livestreamer" that works through the command line.

With the option "--player-passthrough=hls" I can send the stream right to the player, and I can seek it just fine. But I don't know how to record in MPC-HC since it doesn't have any option to just do that. Otherwise, if I give a file output to livestreamer then it saves the whole thing, so I cannot seek the stream at all.

So I tried it with VLC. It works perfect because by default VLC has a "record" button that you press and you record what it's streaming exactly as it is, no reencoding, and I can seek the stream just fine.

The only problem is that for some reason the VLC seek bar shows 0:00 and it doesn't move. So I can seek, but I have to do it blindly and it's VERY annoying.

So, from MPC-HC I have the seek bar working perfect, but I don't know how to record, while in VLC I can record perfectly, but I have an half-broken seek bar.

Is there a way to either fix the VLC seek bar OR get a similar recording option in MPC-HC?
Fadeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:53   #2  |  Link
niel4237

I have the EXACT same problem. Like just my words. Did you find a solution?
niel4237 is offline   Reply With Quote