Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 10th May 2007, 10:41   #1201  |  Link
Terka

>LoRd_MuldeR
it works now, thank you.
Has Dscaler some deint. filters that output 50p, not 25p?
Terka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 14:12   #1202  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
One last thing (which I have asked earlier): can you prevent DFX to steal the focus from the player (or is this the fault of DFX) ?
I'm afraid I can't.
Old 10th May 2007, 18:56   #1203  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
With the ffavisynth filter it is. It's installed in ffdshow's folder, either loadplugin() it from there or put it in your avisynth plugin folder. Create a preset with mocomp deinterlacing enabled. In the avisynth script, call ffdshow("presetname") and it'll run the video through ffdshow.

Not all versions come with ffavisynth.dll. Post to the ffdshow thread if you have trouble.
OK, that applies to calling FFDShow filters from an AVISynth script. If I understand correctly, it is also possible to do the reverse i.e. call an AVI script from FFDShow. If so, could someone explain how to do this?

My interest is, in part, sparked by the topic I addressed earlier in this thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...502#post999502

If no-one is interested in adding Yadif to the list of deinterlace presets in FFDShow, is it at least possible to call the AVISynth plugin from FFDShow?
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 19:04   #1204  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
If no-one is interested in adding Yadif to the list of deinterlace presets in FFDShow, is it at least possible to call the AVISynth plugin from FFDShow?
*cough*

(While I'm at it - sorry all for not having finished the next update to the AviSynth filter, but real life intruded; I'll hopefully get it done this weekend...)

np: Adult. - Red Herring (Why Bother?)
Old 12th May 2007, 06:43   #1205  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
*cough*

(While I'm at it - sorry all for not having finished the next update to the AviSynth filter, but real life intruded; I'll hopefully get it done this weekend...)
Thanks for the link Leak I'd pretty much figured thats how its done, but whenever I've tried even simple scripts with vfw-FFDShow in VDub, either it crashes or freezes at the first frame. Got Yadif sort of working with the 'main' FFDShow decoder (played back with TCMP) but the motion is very jerky. Maybe, as the tutorial suggests, I need to adjust the 'buffers back/ahead'. However, in the try-outs build I'm using (rev 1145 6th May) I can see no such setting. Nor can I find 'AVISynth' in the listed OSD display items (and in the vfw version I cannot see OSD at all in the decoder config); which version should I use, or is that coming in your update?

Cheers
Old 12th May 2007, 11:32   #1206  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
Thanks for the link Leak
Glad to be of service.
Quote:
However, in the try-outs build I'm using (rev 1145 6th May) I can see no such setting. Nor can I find 'AVISynth' in the listed OSD display items (and in the vfw version I cannot see OSD at all in the decoder config); which version should I use, or is that coming in your update?
I'm still working on it, but you can get builds with it here - just remember that those builds aren't always based on the latest and greatest ffdshow code.
Old 12th May 2007, 14:27   #1207  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiblitz View Post
Has anyonw looked into this bug:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...41&atid=867360

"When I build a graph with Haali-splitter, VC-1 codec from Microsoft, I have
a fine playback at 24 fps (HD-DVD-rip from my own Discs onto my media,
server, playing *.evo).

When I integrate ffdshow into the chain, re-clock reports not only 30fps,
but audio and video are heavily out of sync. It does not matter if I use
ffdshow as raw-postprocessor or if I use ffdshow as VC-1-decoder as well. As
soon as ffdshow is in the video-chain, video and audio is out of sync
(beta2 release). "

?

If not, could you please be so kind ? I would love to use ffdshow as my playback/pq-tuning solution as well for HD-DCD, as my cinema has a pretty big screnn and ffdshow really shines...
ffdshow video decoder receives timestamps saying 30fps(33ms) from VIDEOINFOHEADER2 and IMediaSample::GetTime.
This is not likely ffdshow's bug. Please report this issue to Haali.
I don't know what trick Microsoft's codec use though.
Old 13th May 2007, 00:21   #1208  |  Link
DeepBeepMeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
ffdshow video decoder receives timestamps saying 30fps(33ms) from VIDEOINFOHEADER2 and IMediaSample::GetTime.
This is not likely ffdshow's bug. Please report this issue to Haali.
I don't know what trick Microsoft's codec use though.
I had already reported the incompatibility to Haali and he was quite convinced the issue was not coming from his filter.

In fact it could be that the stream is really 29.976 fps in order to played on NTSC TV and therefore the average frame duration of 30ms makes sense. However this should be combined with the telecine flags (AM_VIDEO_FLAG_FIELD1FIRST / AM_VIDEO_FLAG_REPEAT_FIELD) which are supposed to increase the duration of every other frame by 50%. So to obtain 23.97 fps the durations of the frames should 50ms 33ms 50ms 33ms etc... It seems here the telecine flags are ignored by a filter or not forwarded to the next filter in the chain.
DeepBeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 02:20   #1209  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

i have been busy with other things, just tried to build svn:1155 and fails with many errors

as there been some gcc side changes?

cheers

ps. looked more closely errors are on libavcodec/svq3.c & libavcodec/h264.c

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC

Last edited by cc979; 13th May 2007 at 02:26.
cc979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 05:36   #1210  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBeepMeep View Post
I had already reported the incompatibility to Haali and he was quite convinced the issue was not coming from his filter.

In fact it could be that the stream is really 29.976 fps in order to played on NTSC TV and therefore the average frame duration of 30ms makes sense. However this should be combined with the telecine flags (AM_VIDEO_FLAG_FIELD1FIRST / AM_VIDEO_FLAG_REPEAT_FIELD) which are supposed to increase the duration of every other frame by 50%. So to obtain 23.97 fps the durations of the frames should 50ms 33ms 50ms 33ms etc... It seems here the telecine flags are ignored by a filter or not forwarded to the next filter in the chain.
Thank you. I'll look into it again.
Old 14th May 2007, 14:43   #1211  |  Link
iron2000
Questioning User

What needs to be enabled for ffdshow to do the colour settings of VMR9?
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 16:30   #1212  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@iron2000
Try using only RGB32 in the output color spaces, disabling the others.

@haruhiko_yamagata
Found an issue with the "allow multichannel audio processing" option. If you play a file with two audio streams (one 5.1 and other 2.0) and have the option disabled, when the 5.1 track is played no processing is made which is normal but when you change to the 2.0 track no audio processing occurs even though ffdshow is outputting audio properly. If you enable then disable the option during the 2.0 audio playback processing begins and continues as ffdshow is now aware of the type of audio track.
If you do the reverse it happens again: playing 2.0 audio with option disabled and sound processing ,switch to 5.1 audio and sound will processed with the option disabled which is not ok for stereo plugins.
This probably happens because i'm using haali media splitter which handles the streams, so ffdshow is not totally aware of the audio stream changes.

P.S.=> Is it possible to add a function to load DirectX audio dsp's from within ffdshow like is done with the winamp plugins?
Old 14th May 2007, 18:00   #1213  |  Link
Leak

While I'm putting the finishing touches to a new version of my patch - is it just me, or are all recent ffdshow installer builds missing all of the html documentation that is still hooked up inside the config dialogs?

np: Mia Doi Todd - Muscle, Bond & Blood (Chessie Mix) (La Ninja)
Old 14th May 2007, 19:42   #1214  |  Link
fano

I'm using the release 1104 of Apr 15 2007 - ICL and I've some issues with subtitles... they are always on and I like to have the possibility that they are off at default and that pressing a key on my remote I can active them and if they are more than 1 cicle around them as is:

no subs -> sub 1 -> sub 2 -> ... -> no subs

I've found the keys & remote section and I'm tried to use the CTRL+ALT+L combination (it was CTRL+ALT+S but it conflicted with Mediaportal) and with keyboard it works (but it doesn't cicle!!! On/Off only) but with my Imon remote I've to press longer to have the command executed and in this way ffdshow sees more that a key pression and do on-off-on for example

This is not my remote fault... it works well with Mediaportal and Medioo...

Another annoying thing is that after I've enabled/disabled subs for a file ffdshow remember the previous status and that is not
good in my opion....

Thanks for help,
fano
fano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 21:49   #1215  |  Link
Leak

Here's the aforementioned AviSynth patch update:

Download
Documentation
Patch (against rev. 1167)

Changes:

* Reset AviSynth only after deactivating the filter or when the image size or the script changes - that's about as low as I can go when it comes to resetting AviSynth

* Added a help webpage for the filter (see link above)

* One additional pulldown option ("Smooth timestamps") to smooth out alternating timestamps without duplicating fields - this should make adding/dropping frames work on 24 FPS movie material, probably even on hybrid material, but the output frame rate will then vary proportional to the input frame rate

* Global variables "ffdshow_dar_x" and "ffdshow_dar_y" now available to the AviSynth script to get and/or set the aspect ratio and process images differently depending on the aspec ratio; this way the script can react to aspect ratio changes since it is reset when the ratio changes:

Code:
function Resize_16_9(v)
{
  ffdshow_dar_x=4 ffdshow_dar_Y=3
  return v.LanczosResize(800,480,22,0,676,480).AddBorders(0,60,0,60)
}

function Resize_4_3(v)
{
  ffdshow_dar_x=4 ffdshow_dar_Y=3
  return v.LanczosResize(800,600)
}

TFM(order=1,chroma=false)
TDecimate(mode=1,hybrid=1,conCycle=1,chroma=false)

ar=float(ffdshow_dar_x)/float(ffdshow_dar_y)
diff=ar-1.5555

abs(abs(diff)-0.2222) > 0.05 ? last : \
(diff >= 0 \
? last.Resize_16_9 \
: last.Resize_4_3)
That script is fitting 16:9 and 4:3 DVD video into 800x600 for my projector, in case you're wondering...

Oh, and make sure "Keep aspect ratio" is off in MPC if you're using it when tinkering with the aspect ratio, as MPC will ask the DVD navigator for the DVD's current aspect ratio instead of using the video's output aspect ratio, and that will get the resized video squashed another time...

TODO: Use the above to actually watch a DVD again on my projector several weeks after the last time... :/

np: Tarwater - When Tomorrow Comes (Spider Smile)

Last edited by Leak; 14th May 2007 at 21:52.
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 08:02   #1216  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Here's the aforementioned AviSynth patch update:

Download
Documentation
Patch (against rev. 1167)
Really excellent Leak.

Yep, with the Yadif, adjusting the 'buffers ahead/back' did the trick. Real-time, on-the-fly, smart-bobbed (50p) playback of interlaced PAL DV in 'yer favourite' player (well mine anyway -TCMP). Cant be bad. IMHO, Yadif knocks spots (literally) off the existing FFDShow deinterlacers and DScaler plugins.

Still cant get it to work properly in the vfw FFDshow version though. Same-framerate (mode=0) output is OK, but bobbed (mode=1) output just gives me a black screen.

Last edited by WorBry; 15th May 2007 at 08:14.
Old 15th May 2007, 08:07   #1217  |  Link
zambelli
Doom9ing since 2001

Suggestions for Ffdshow installer defaults:

Components:
+ enable "Avisynth scripts serving"

Decoders:
- disable MP3
- disable MP1, MP2
+ enable FLAC

Speaker setup:
* choose "disable mixer" or add the "same as input" option

Misc:
+ enable "Show tray icon" and "Extended info" for all encoders/decoders

My reasoning for disabling default MPEG audio decoding support is that those codecs are already supported on Windows without Ffdshow and I don't think Ffdshow should ever be changing the default codec assignment unless the user specifically choses to do so. Ffdshow should augment the existing codec ecosystem but not change it. I think this is the "right" thing to do not for political reasons, but for legacy/compatibility reasons.

In the long run, I think some sort of intelligent codec detection system might be in order where the installer checks whether a decoder already exists for a given video or audio type and doesn't enable the equivalent ffdshow decoder by default. Example: When DivX or CoreAVC are already installed on a system, it might be safer to assume those are the preferred DivX/XviD and H.264 decoders. The users can always override them if they decide they prefer Ffdshow.
zambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 08:21   #1218  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
Really excellent Leak.

Quote:
Still cant get it to work in the vfw FFDshow version though. Before, VDub either crashed or froze at first frame. Now I'm just getting a black screen.
Can't say I can recommend using it with VfW, as the buffering isn't going to work at all due to the way VfW works - you can't refuse to give an output frame back when VfW hands you an input frame, or return more than one frame at a time, which is how buffering and inserting/removing frame works in DirectShow.

This means you can't really use filters that change the number of frames in the stream, like bobbers and decimation - pure spatial filtering without buffering should still work, although I haven't tested it lately. Just buffering ahead/back probably works as well, but the video will be delayed by a number of frames equal to the buffer ahead setting, and the same number of frames will be then missing at the end.

Then again, when using VfW for encoding it's better to use AviSynth directly anyway, if at all possible.
Old 15th May 2007, 08:53   #1219  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:

Can't say I can recommend using it with VfW, as the buffering isn't going to work at all due to the way VfW works - you can't refuse to give an output frame back when VfW hands you an input frame, or return more than one frame at a time, which is how buffering and inserting/removing frame works in DirectShow.

This means you can't really use filters that change the number of frames in the stream, like bobbers and decimation - pure spatial filtering without buffering should still work, although I haven't tested it lately. Just buffering ahead/back probably works as well, but the video will be delayed by a number of frames equal to the buffer ahead setting, and the same number of frames will be then missing at the end.

Then again, when using VfW for encoding it's better to use AviSynth directly anyway, if at all possible.
Note: I'd edited my comment about vfw i.e. sort of got it to work with 25p (mode=0) output, but not 50p (mode=1). Thanks for the explanation.

For vfw I do normally use AVIsynth directly; I was just intrigued by the query posted by thiseas:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...056#post999056

i.e. the notion of being able to just drop a DV source into VDub, without loading it into a script.
Old 15th May 2007, 09:02   #1220  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
For vfw I do normally use AVIsynth directly; I was just intrigued by the query posted by thiseas:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...056#post999056

i.e. the notion of being able to just drop a DV source into VDub, without loading it into a script.
I'm afraid that also won't work because you'd need to double the number of frames VfW reports to the application if you don't want your video being cut in half, which also isn't possible.

It should work with applications that use DirectShow for either de- or encoding, though - too bad VirtualDub isn't one of those...

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl