Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th February 2012, 20:17   #10821  |  Link
Shrekage

I started playing around with the distributed encoding and have some questions.

1. Distributed encoding window size is too tall for vertical screen size of 600 (800x600 on my remote desktop app for my tablet, and 1024x600 for my netbook) would be handy to have it all fit on the screen at that lower resolution. The blue bar with the statistics is cut off...
2. Why is there a 4 machine limit to distributed encoding? I have many more at my disposal... maybe the window could be redesigned with a grid style control with an add client button or similar function to enable more encoding servers...
Shrekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 21:30   #10822  |  Link
kempodragon

Audio gets stretched while trying to convert 60 fps to 30 fps

I'm trying to convert my camcorder files for uploading to Vimeo and am having trouble maintaining audio. The video is 60 fps progressive and Vimeo only accepts up to 30 fps. I had no problems converting my 1080 interlaced video, but when I tried to convert to 30 fps, the audio was stretched and the time showed double the original length. Using search terms 59.94 fps to 29.97 fps didn't come up with any threads, but I'm positive I've seen a discussion on this problem. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, it would be a BIG help if Ripbot could read the playlists. Currently I have to create one big file before I can have Ripbot encode it. Using an avs file caused Ripbot to run out of memory on the second pass and I'm not sure what to set for max memory.
kempodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 21:57   #10823  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

in script after .converttoyv12 add .selectevery(2).asumefps(29.97)

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 27th February 2012 at 22:24.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 00:37   #10824  |  Link
Slitheen

Ripbot, even the latest version, still doesn't like the Classic Star Trek episodes Bluray. Season 1 set worked ok but seasons 2 & 3 get demuxing error when it reaches 100%. I have to use Handbrake for these blu-ray.
Slitheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 00:56   #10825  |  Link
kalleiskogen

Ok, I'm having huge issues. Easy H264 works fine for me. But when i try to use ripbot, this appears: "DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
(C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\ge*tinfo.avs, line 2)"

I've tried this fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-552T0KLDc

And it works sometimes, but the sound doesn't come with the file.
I've re-installed ripbot/avisynth and ffdshow and all that.
I'm importing/expoerting from different partitions and harddrive's but no improvement!

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Best regards, kalleiskogen.

(P.S, on a side note, when i try to export with .mkv, it start the process, when the above fix works, but no file appears afterwards. Fix for this?)
kalleiskogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:53   #10826  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Hi kalleiskogen,

Remuxe your video in mkv with mkvmergegui (mmg.exe) and open your video with your Ripbot264 v1.16.5

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 21:07   #10827  |  Link
kempodragon

Thanks for the tip. I'll run it through tonight.
kempodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 23:44   #10828  |  Link
glen8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitheen View Post
Ripbot, even the latest version, still doesn't like the Classic Star Trek episodes Bluray. Season 1 set worked ok but seasons 2 & 3 get demuxing error when it reaches 100%. I have to use Handbrake for these blu-ray.
I'm just about to start work on these (tomorrow in fact). Running 16.2 so I'll let you know how I get on.

Fringe was a tricky one, I made my own scripts in the end for those (IIRC, season 3 was ok but it was 1 and 2 which had issues). You'd think they'd all be the same.

The ONLY bluray which has so far defeated me is J Edgar
glen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 23:52   #10829  |  Link
glen8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaistroX View Post
Hi!

Have a few questions I´d like to see if I can be helped with!

1a. Is there a possibility to ge a 3D BD to a working 3D.mkv that would work an a 3D-TV like Samsung?

1b. If, so HOW do one go about to do so?

2. Could the tools be implemented in RipBot to make a final *.mkv and/or *.mp4?

Thx, for the best tool out there!!!!!

A side Q!
Is there a tool to edit 3DBD.iso´s to extract and add thing, and it´s still usefull, as change soundlanguages and textlanguages?
Yes is the simple answer, however to go a good job takes around 8 hours. I've created my own program which sits alongside ripbot when I encode 3D. Just a simple one click scripting process, nothing amazing.

RipBot would go through the normal process of demuxing, read in the number of frames and build an uncompressed video file from the deltas. Then you would have to build a totally new movie using the original 2D video from the demux and the newly created one from the deltas. The result would be both movies sitting side by side each other. Once all that is finished you would encode in the normal way. Personally I encode with a res of 1920x1080 and 8GB file size. Looks really good to me and I'm happy with it. Took me longer to get the script working on forced subtitles than anything else. To be honest, a few times I very nearly gave up. Got there in the end though.

When you consider a 2 pass encode of a 2D movie takes 1hr 45mins approx, 8 hours for a 3D is a big difference. Worth it though

Last edited by glen8; 28th February 2012 at 23:54.
Old 29th February 2012, 13:34   #10830  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitheen View Post
Yea, I had the same problem with my original series star trek as well. I have not tried it again with the latest version though.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 13:38   #10831  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen8 View Post
Yes is the simple answer, however to go a good job takes around 8 hours. I've created my own program which sits alongside ripbot when I encode 3D. Just a simple one click scripting process, nothing amazing.

RipBot would go through the normal process of demuxing, read in the number of frames and build an uncompressed video file from the deltas. Then you would have to build a totally new movie using the original 2D video from the demux and the newly created one from the deltas. The result would be both movies sitting side by side each other. Once all that is finished you would encode in the normal way. Personally I encode with a res of 1920x1080 and 8GB file size. Looks really good to me and I'm happy with it. Took me longer to get the script working on forced subtitles than anything else. To be honest, a few times I very nearly gave up. Got there in the end though.

When you consider a 2 pass encode of a 2D movie takes 1hr 45mins approx, 8 hours for a 3D is a big difference. Worth it though
Is there any way we can get this script and a little bit of the instructions on how to use it. I have not been happy with any of the software that makes side by side encodings yet. RipBot264 is the only software that I have that can handle subtitles correctly. I still want to convert my Avatar 3D disk and I can't if I want it to have the forced subtitles.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 20:03   #10832  |  Link
Browser404

I've been using RipBot264 v1.16.5 for some time and just updated to v1.17.0, in the hope it might have better AAC encoding since its always resulted in muted and dull audio making it a poor choice for lower bitrate 5.1 audio since the lowest AC3 5.1 is 384k, though unfortunately it sounds equally dull comparing the two versions results.

That aside I did notice a difference in the encoder settings dialogue box, unless I'm missing something almost all of the settings available there have been removed and if one wants to do any tweaking now they're given a large text document to edit.

While probably no one tweaked every one of those settings to their preference, the way it is now is anything but simple, which is something that's been touted from the start.

Fewer features doesn't mean simpler, infact as in this case fewer features can mean ridiculously and unnecessarily complicated. Even trying to change something as simple as R-frames etc is now as complicated as it could possible be. It is anything but simple now.

While avoiding RipBot for low bitrate 5.1 audio is one thing and rarely needed, if the encoder settings are are the way things are going then all I can say it's been nice and appreciated, though I'll personally be going back alternatives and looking for something new that does actually keep it simple and user friendly to change settings.
Browser404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:31   #10833  |  Link
glen8

Guys, Star Trek Season 2 working fine here. No problems at all

Demuxed fine without any errors
Old 29th February 2012, 23:04   #10834  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

i'm shocked that simple --ref x added to text field is to complicated for you! another thing .you are trying to compress ac3 384kbps which is very low for ac3 (quality is already destroyed) ac3 needs 640kps to be transparent. fhg aac will give you the best quality from uncompressed source or from lossless compression (DTS-MA/TRUE-HD/FLAC)

converting strongly compressed jpeg image to another newer format like jpeg-xr also won't improve quality

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 29th February 2012 at 23:11.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 00:36   #10835  |  Link
MaistroX

Hi!

Thx for your answer!

Would it be possible to share your "my own program which sits alongside ripbot" so one can try ?

As I allways encode in 10000kb/s set to a 2pass, I´m used to having to wait between 6-20h´s depending on the movie i "rip", but the result is amazing!!!

So u mean that in the end it will end up playable on a ex. Samsung 3DTV so it works like the original, but encoded?

Regards MaistroX

Would
Quote:

MaistroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 09:09   #10836  |  Link
jamesj84

Slitheen and others with problems with star trek.
WHen ever ripbot gives me an error with any file simply use MakeMKV which will give you the DVD/BD as a like for like in a MKV container. Usually takes a minute MAX.
Then load the MKV file into ripbot to compress with your usual settings.

And to Atak_Snajpera - Any options in further release for more then one audio streams in MKV. 2 would be very very NICE!!
jamesj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 18:18   #10837  |  Link
chunkylover67

I have an issue with Ripbot264 where it doesn't shutdown when encoding jobs are finished. I checked the box that enables the option but my computer remains on. Is there something I'm missing here?
chunkylover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 18:22   #10838  |  Link
glen8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaistroX View Post
Hi!

Thx for your answer!

Would it be possible to share your "my own program which sits alongside ripbot" so one can try ?

As I allways encode in 10000kb/s set to a 2pass, I´m used to having to wait between 6-20h´s depending on the movie i "rip", but the result is amazing!!!

So u mean that in the end it will end up playable on a ex. Samsung 3DTV so it works like the original, but encoded?

Regards MaistroX

Would
Yes, although my program is hard coded with certain paths set to where my files are. I'll write it all up at the weekend, but yes you can view in your samsung TV.
Old 1st March 2012, 18:33   #10839  |  Link
MaistroX

Yeeeh, sounds great, I´ll be waiting to try it out!

Quote:
Yes, although my program is hard coded with certain paths set to where my files are. I'll write it all up at the weekend, but yes you can view in your samsung TV.
MaistroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 21:56   #10840  |  Link
glen8

Guys,

I have looked at the differences between season 1 and 2/3 of Star Trek. The reason you can't get ripbot to demux is due to the subtitles.

You will have to manually demux leaving out the subs. Certain movies are the same (might be because the subs contain images....who cares anyway, leave them out and it will be ok)

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360