Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 9th November 2014, 11:14   #41  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

turbojet:
nothing was changed in this matter, but it is good that it is working for you again

0.7.1 was tested and works without any problems with following filters:
- SVP either with LAV Video Decoder + ffdshow raw video filter combination or ffdshow video decoder alone
- DmitriRender
- ffdshow subtitles filter can be used instead of DirectVobSub for subtitle handling
- ReClock

Any others might work without problems too, but you should have some understanding of what DirectShow is to config it right
Tip: you can connect to YAP graph from GraphStudioNext to see what actually happens with your custom filter config
Orf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 09:48   #42  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171199

@Orf, seems to work fine and looks nice on first quick check. Good job!

One little bug I stumbled over: Started in small window, pressed F12 to maximize, pressed F12 again to go back to small window. Works fine. Pressed F12 to maximize, accidently pressed F11, then pressed F12 to go back to small window. Doesn't work, anymore. Once I press F11 in fullscreen state, pressing F12 doesn't go back to small window, anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orf View Post
Quote:
pixel shaders
what you use this for ?
For example for this:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171346

You don't have to add support for this to YAP, if you're fine with it only working for madVR, because I plan to add direct custom shader support from within madVR. If you want shaders like "FineSharp" to also work for YAP's EVR then you'll have to add support for it, though.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 13:03   #43  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

YAP 0.7.2 released

Code:
  (*) DVD compatibility improved
  (+) Import: Autoplay after import option
  (+) Temporary playlist. All content imported to temporary playlist remains only until current player instance is running
  (+) System: Option to prevent multiple player instances
  (+) System: Explorer context (right-click) menu entry and option to enable/disable it
  (*) MediaInfo updated to version 0.7.71

Last edited by Orf; 15th November 2014 at 13:31.
Old 15th November 2014, 13:24   #44  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
seems to work fine and looks nice on first quick check. Good job!
Actually it is, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
You don't have to add support for this to YAP, if you're fine with it only working for madVR, because I plan to add direct custom shader support from within madVR. If you want shaders like "FineSharp" to also work for YAP's EVR then you'll have to add support for it, though.
I've planned to add the support for madVR shaders right in next version, already have seen you've got an interface for that...But if you plan that too, I don't know then. Seems like we've got again an old question where it should be in player or renderer And I think EVR CP will be useful in YAP anyway. Investigating it a bit...But not quiet sure currently I can handle it right...

p/s will check the bug too, thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 13:51   #45  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Seems like we've got again an old question where it should be in player or renderer
Yes, same as always...
Old 16th November 2014, 01:46   #46  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
[*]Image slideshow capable of displaying cover images along with playing audio or when video is stopped
That looks great, kinda late to the party but I'll have to give it a shot spasibo

If you don't mind me asking, there is one feature that all other media players lack IME it's the ability to use mVR for picture viewing because NNEDI looks astonishing when upscaling comics or small pictures, I've tried a good bunch of picture viewers, they use horrid scalers and lack very simple features such as hotkeys for previous/next/random/shrink to fit/1:1 scaling(like ACDSee6, too bad it's using bicubic duh)

PotPlayer can do it but it's a black frame feast and it takes a lot of patience to get a picture at all(that's apparently due to mVR's buffers) and it can't do 1:1 scaling. If there were a way you could add a no-fuss NNEDI picture viewer in YAP using mVR, this would be too awesome

Last edited by leeperry; 16th November 2014 at 01:48.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 07:56   #47  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

leeperry:
Yes, you already can use it as picture viewer. To do so, make new playlist, put some audio file in folder where your images resides and import that folder. That what I'm doing to watch my photos. But YAP currently do not use DirectShow for pictures at all...
And I'm thinking about adding shaders support to YAP, since images in slideshow are technically just video card textures, shaders support can be used with image slideshow too then. And for not reinventing the wheel, it would be good if madshi can provide some access to all the cool stuff madVR have, that can be used outside video renderer (to be used with EVR CP or resize images for example). Just a plain thoughts this time, I don't know what madshi thinks about it himself.
Old 16th November 2014, 08:15   #48  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Well, NNEDI3 is freely available as a CPU and GPU algorithm here in doom9. If you want to use it outside of madVR, you can. Well, might depend on the license, though, you may have to check. I've asked permission from the author before using NNEDI3 in madVR. Atm, madVR is just meant to be used for video playback. Of course you can simulate an image being a video by sending the image through the normal DirectShow video chain. I think LAV Splitter would already do some/most/all of that work for you. If you don't want to use DirectShow for picture viewing at all, then atm madVR does not offer any way to help you there. Adding such support would cost me quite a bit of time (defining a new API for that, setting up a render chain which just handles one image, bypassing all the pause/stop/play/seek stuff, copying the image back from GPU RAM etc) and it's really outside of what madVR is intended for, so even if I added that to my to do list, it would be very low priority.
Old 16th November 2014, 09:12   #49  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

madshi:
At first, I've kept in mind not only NNEDI3, but all others rescaling algorithms madVR already have. At second, I do understand that this is theoretically possible to implement all stuff madVR have in YAP. And YAP will not need madVR at all in the end. But you should know it better then I about huge amount of work it will cost me. That's why I've said about reinventing the wheel before. And I'm afraid, using DirectShow for picture viewing is not an option at all, you can believe me by the word, or I can drop you email on that subject if you interested in technical details... I do understand now, it is a lot of work for you too, so it was just another wish, that will never comes true, sadly...

Last edited by Orf; 16th November 2014 at 12:00.
Old 16th November 2014, 13:51   #50  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Well, I didn't say never. But for now I've more things on my to do list than I can handle, so I have to set priorities...
Old 16th November 2014, 14:40   #51  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

madshi, on the second thought, may be your efforts for making API is not needed at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are all rescaling algorithms madVR uses for now, including NNEDI3 a pieces of shader code ? And if I manage the way to apply shaders to YAP images, you can simply give me the permission to use your shader code. Is it a better way for us to go or I'm missing something here ?
Old 16th November 2014, 20:26   #52  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

NNEDI3 uses OpenCL. The other algorithms use D3D9 HLSL, but they require some lookup tables/textures to be filled, so just using the HLSL code won't help, you'd also have to use the code which fills those lookup tables/textures etc. And to be honest, I'm not sure if I want to make my source code available. E.g. you might be tempted to use the same algorithms for EVR. I'd rather make an API available. But I currently don't have the time. Maybe you could use the madVR screenshot functionality to do image resampling, once I've extended it a bit. I'm planning to let the user choose whether he wants screenshots to be taken in the original video resolution or scaled etc. And there's already an official API (supported by madVR) which lets the media player fetch the current image from the video renderer. You could use that API. The only problem right now is that it's always the unscaled video atm. But I plan to change that "soon", as described above.
Old 17th November 2014, 06:45   #53  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

madshi, thanks for the explanations and honesty. I respect honesty, especially when it compared to false promises. Well, API will only be useful, if it will work without madVR instance. Also API doesn't solve my intensions as you've said 'tempted to use the same algorithms for EVR' problem. Existing API is not useful too, cause it requires DS graph and copies image from GPU memory back to system memory which is the huge overhead, because resizing needed not only on image load stage
Old 17th November 2014, 08:37   #54  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Oh, so you want the final image to stay in GPU RAM? I thought you wanted it in CPU RAM. Well, I guess that rules out the screenshot idea, too bad. But yes, a DS graph would be necessary in any case. I have to admit that my source code currently isn't in the best shape. There is a lot of code in the DS event routines atm. I plan to cleanup my code after I've reached v1.0 in madVR. If my code were cleaner, it would probably be easier for me to offer you a rendering API without DS. But with the current state of my source code it would be hard to achieve without a DS framework.
Old 17th November 2014, 08:54   #55  |  Link
generalmx

Hmm, would this work for NNEDI3 still-image support, if AVISynth support is added: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Nnedi3ocl#Filters

I also found one Japanese Manga Viewer called "MangaMeeya" which supports AVISynth plugins for most of its features (google something like "comic+viewer+avisynth" and it's the only one that comes up), going to try and give it a shot myself (if interested, try tails's lasted translated version where he says he fixed Avisynth support).
generalmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 11:10   #56  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

madshi, yes, maybe I was not clear enough before, function that takes texture, needed dimensions and scale algorithm as input and returns the same or new scaled texture...
Old 18th November 2014, 06:50   #57  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

madshi:
I've decide that I need own shader options editor in YAP anyway. I have some questions about IMadVRExternalPixelShaders:
1) Is there any specific reason it didn't accept compiled shaders (only the source) ?
2) What is the best point during graph building to initially set the shaders ?
3) Can it handle clearing and re-adding a ps chain when graph is running or paused ?
Also, I'm planning a DB structure to store shader-related data and I'm trying to make it universal (to use with madVR at first and use it for may own needs later), wanna take part in discussion of it?
Old 18th November 2014, 10:58   #58  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
1) Is there any specific reason it didn't accept compiled shaders (only the source) ?
Hmmmm... Good question. IIRC, when I implemented that interface, MPC-HC was the only media player with custom shader support, so I implemented an interface which was easy to integrate for the MPC-HC devs. When I rewrite/extend the shader support in a future version (not too far away, I hope), I'll most probably also support compiled shaders.

Quote:
2) What is the best point during graph building to initially set the shaders ?
3) Can it handle clearing and re-adding a ps chain when graph is running or paused ?
From the top of my head you can change the shaders at any time you want. Doing so results in madVR having to eventually clear the rendering queue and re-render frames, but that's not a problem, really. It might just cause a minor stutter in the moment when you change the shaders. An ideal time to set the shaders should be after building the graph and connecting the pins, but before starting/pausing the graph.

Quote:
Also, I'm planning a DB structure to store shader-related data and I'm trying to make it universal (to use with madVR at first and use it for may own needs later), wanna take part in discussion of it?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you elaborate?
Old 18th November 2014, 12:25   #59  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

I've meant I can show you schema of shader-related DB tables I'm currently thinking over. It also can give you a picture on how the future shader interface will look like in YAP. Can you revise it and suggest if I'm missing something important maybe ?
Old 13th December 2014, 01:58   #60  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
I do understand now, it is a lot of work for you too, so it was just another wish, that will never comes true, sadly...
OK thanks for the reply, so basically ACDSee-like features(previous/next/random/shrink to fit/1:1 scaling) with NNEDI3 and Jinc3 aren't gonna happen in YAP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmx View Post
I also found one Japanese Manga Viewer called "MangaMeeya" which supports AVISynth plugins for most of its features (google something like "comic+viewer+avisynth" and it's the only one that comes up), going to try and give it a shot myself.
Oh your google-fu skills are impressive

It keeps crashing for me and can it do NNEDI3 luma doubling + Jinc upscaling? If so, could you create a thread and share your settings by any chance please?

It's a real bummer that picture viewers are still stuck in the 90's.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote