Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th August 2010, 15:52   #4301  |  Link
GREG1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
After you have installed it make sure you do not delete the directoy where you ran the bat file as this becomes the installed directory. I have heard of people deleting the directory after thinking the install bat moves filles somewhere else.
I just installed it last night and had the same problem. I needed to run as Administrator for install and it worked correctly.
GREG1292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 17:24   #4302  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

how do I have to setup coreavc to work best with madvr? so far Ive limited the output format to YV12 and set deinterlacing to none (weave). since I still use both, coreavc for decoding of the video and ffdshow for sharpening, in case of deinterlacing, which codec should be used then? should I use coreavc (bob, hardware?)? or rather ffdshow (yadif)? and if coreavc, is it recommended to tick agressive deinterlacing?

whats left now are the settings input levels, output levels and input colourspace. so far all three are set to autodetect. I use those four 3dlut files for HD/SD PC and video levels, do I need to change anything here?
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 17:27   #4303  |  Link
namaiki

In CoreAVC, set both input and output to TV since you are outputting with YV12.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 17:31   #4304  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
In CoreAVC, set both input and output to TV since you are outputting with YV12.
Why?.....
Gser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 17:35   #4305  |  Link
namaiki

Because CoreAVC shouldn't be touching levels conversion. Also, it doesn't matter what you set for colourspace as madVR will be handling that too.

Last edited by namaiki; 26th August 2010 at 17:38.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:58   #4306  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

but why then TV and not PC, since coreavc shouldnt be touching it anyway?
Old 26th August 2010, 18:01   #4307  |  Link
namaiki

AFAIK, it doesn't matter if you pick both PC or both TV in CoreAVC, you will get the same image.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:04   #4308  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

so both autodetect should work as well?
Old 26th August 2010, 18:12   #4309  |  Link
namaiki

No, because autodetect can equal either TV or PC, so you will not know if it is TV|TV, TV|PC, PC|PC or PC|TV.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:38   #4310  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

2 useful tricks in mVR I use are to:
-use 2 different LUT's(SPMTE-C/EBU) and switch them on the fly by changing the levels...hence loading different LUT's
-set the .ini read only, input 0-255 and enable the TV>PC conversion on top when the picture's too bright(sloppy encodes).

Last edited by leeperry; 26th August 2010 at 20:40.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 20:21   #4311  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
No, because autodetect can equal either TV or PC, so you will not know if it is TV|TV, TV|PC, PC|PC or PC|TV.
should I tick a specific colourspace then as well? or is auto here ok?
Old 26th August 2010, 23:49   #4312  |  Link
Zulithe

Thanks everyone, I got it to work finally. Pretty sure the "install into a different directory" trick is what fixed it... though i'm still not sure WHY that would fix it. Funky registry settings hanging around?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 04:58   #4313  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
should I tick a specific colourspace then as well? or is auto here ok?
It doesn't matter about colourspace as madVR will be converting to RGB, so the option in CoreAVC shouldn't actually do anything.

Last edited by namaiki; 27th August 2010 at 05:00.
Old 27th August 2010, 09:13   #4314  |  Link
qazokm123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
I always get the black screen first time I try with 027. It seems to only happen once and hangs the player, I need task manager to end process, then every time after that its fine until I reboot the machine then it will happen again. This situation is very simular to what happened originally with many nvidia card owners with madVR not working at all due to some slow scan line reporting issue I think madshi said it was.

I also get the random dropped frames with 027 what were not happening at all before and have gone back to previous version.

Yes freeze mpc-hc , happens with 0.27, with my win7 x64, 32bit mpc-hc too. Got to close once with process monitor.
retry same video file, works.
qazokm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 12:14   #4315  |  Link
Razoola

Some more info on the black screen issue I have.

I watched a video yesturday and had the OSD stats of madVR active when I closed the media player.

Today after PC restart I watched a video and I did not suffer the black screen as I always do with 027 the first time a video is launched after pc reboot. The video started fine and the OSD stats were showing. Now here is the kicker, I turned off the stats and then went to watch another video and guess what, I got the black screen problem. I had to use task manager to close player and launch video file again to get it working.

It seems having the OSD stats active stop the black screen issue somehow.
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 02:55   #4316  |  Link
pankov

This night I watched a few episodes of a TV show and I experienced the same "black screen" problem that Razoola is talking about.
The bad thing is that in my case it's not only the first time after PC restart but 2 out of 4 episodes hang the player

I'm not 100% sure what's the cause because for the last week I was very busy and I haven't used v0.27 a lot and when I used it I usually had the OSD on. The other possibility is that the video card driver change I did last night (from 10.4 to 10.7a) could have caused it ... I'm not exactly sure of anything and I'll do more tests tomorrow but just wanted to share my experience from this night.
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 08:42   #4317  |  Link
mueslibrown

The black screen issue with MPC happens regularly now everytime I have the first launch of MPC after a switch on or reboot. Kill MPC and afterwards it seems to work fine. This happens with Catalyst 10.7 and 10.8 (win 64 home).

I guess for me the question is whats missing at the first load of MPC and whats left after MPC is killed such that the next load of MPC is fine.

MB
mueslibrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 12:22   #4318  |  Link
nlnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mueslibrown View Post
The black screen issue with MPC happens regularly now everytime I have the first launch of MPC after a switch on or reboot. Kill MPC and afterwards it seems to work fine. This happens with Catalyst 10.7 and 10.8 (win 64 home).

I guess for me the question is whats missing at the first load of MPC and whats left after MPC is killed such that the next load of MPC is fine.

MB
The same here . MPC, 10.7, W7
nlnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 17:54   #4319  |  Link
Rain1

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazokm123 View Post
Yes freeze mpc-hc , happens with 0.27, with my win7 x64, 32bit mpc-hc too. Got to close once with process monitor.
retry same video file, works.
It happens when I open mpc-hc first time & check 3dlut option. I think the problem is the pop-up message "Your computer doesnt have 3dlut, do u want to install it ? " (or something like that) didnt get a chance to appear on top of mpc-hc
Rain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 20:41   #4320  |  Link
Biggiesized

Bah! I can't get madVR to be recognized by MPC-HC either. I've tried running the install batch file with administrator rights and with UAC disabled. I've tried multiple installation directories, including the one for MPC-HC itself. It's definitely registered in the registry and the filter is available in GraphEdit. Oh well...
Biggiesized is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling