Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 20th November 2011, 00:14   #11421  |  Link
Vasch the stampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Try with -quality=1
Thanks!!!
Old 20th November 2011, 01:03   #11422  |  Link
73ChargerFan

I'm trying to delete the last 8 seconds from an ac3 track.

Input is 1:50:56.700 in duration
I've tried: -edit=1:50:56,-8000ms
Output is 1:50:56.000 in duration

What am I doing wrong?
Old 20th November 2011, 04:12   #11423  |  Link
tebasuna51

Maybe -edit=1:50:48.700,-8000ms
Old 25th November 2011, 00:53   #11424  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

Folks,
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use

About DTS-HD Master Audio tracks,

Quote:
DTS-HD decoding can be achieved through:

"Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.3" DirectShow filter (commercial software)
ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre (commercial software)

Both decode bit-perfect. Sonic is limited to 5.1 or 6.1 channels depending on the source track, while ArcSoft can output up to 7.1 channels.

As a result ArcSoft is the default decoder for DTS-HD.
Well, I have TotalMedia Theatre from ARCSOFT, last version. However, eac3to is saying...

How do I fix this? The software is already installed, but eac3to for some reason, can't detect the decoder.

And here we have broken links:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...21#post1168721

P.S. I am not using a trial version from TMT.
Old 25th November 2011, 23:12   #11425  |  Link
heerschop

For Eac3to to use the arcsoft decoder you need the checkactivate.dll in the arcsoft folder. Rename the attachment checkactivate.txt to checkactivate.dll en copy this file to your arcsoft folder.

It should work now.

Greets
Attached Files
File Type: txt checkactivate.txt (104.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 28th November 2011, 05:59   #11426  |  Link
MrVideo

LPCM stream not being decoded to WAV correctly

The WAV file that eac3to produces is garbage. The sample file contains a pure sinewave test tone. Not so the output.

I've tried it with and without the -down16 option, but it didn't make a difference.

Sample file: http://vidiot.com/MPEG-LPCM-sample.ts (67,108,864 bytes)

Stream 1 is the MPEG-2 480i video stream, stream 2 is the MPEG stereo audio stream and stream 3 is the stereo LPCM audio stream.

Any help as to what the right options are to get a usable WAV file will be appreciated.
Old 3rd December 2011, 02:31   #11427  |  Link
therealjoeblow

Does anyone have Nero 7 decoders working on Win7x64, and if so, could you please provide working instructions?

Despite asking some time ago, and having someone post advice, it doesn't work. Trying to run Regsvr32 on AdvrCntr2.dll works fine; running it on NeAudio2.ax fails (regsvr32 hangs and then crashes); and running it on NeEacDec.dll fails, it reports it can't find an entry-point DllRegisterServer.

I have installed a retail version of Nero7Ultra with retail BluRay/HDDVD plugin and no go.

Many thanks
The REAL Joe
Old 3rd December 2011, 04:11   #11428  |  Link
nibus
Telewhining

You might not have the right version of NeAudio2.ax - I remember having a similar issue until I found a slightly different version of Nero 7. The SFV checksum for mine is: AD81926E

And I don't think you need to register NeEacDec.dll, just the other two.
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:11   #11429  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
The WAV file that eac3to produces is garbage. The sample file contains a pure sinewave test tone. Not so the output.
Seems your sample is corrupted.
The PCM track is not recognized by tsMuxeR.
How do you make your sample?

I make a test.
1) Decode the mp2 track to wav:
eac3to MPEG-LPCM-sample.ts 2: test.wav -down16

2) Mux the test.wav to MPEG-LPCM-sample.ts like 2nd audio track (the original PCM 2nd audio track was ignored)

3) Extract the 2nd audio PCM track without problems:
eac3to MPEG-LPCM-sample-new.ts 3: test-new.wav

Last edited by tebasuna51; 3rd December 2011 at 12:16.
Old 6th December 2011, 09:55   #11430  |  Link
iSeries

Hi,

When dowmixing 5.1 sources to 2.0, is it a good idea to include -mixlfe? Or better to not include?
Old 6th December 2011, 11:55   #11431  |  Link
tebasuna51

- Dolby recommend not include LFE in downmix.

- To play on TV or low cost audio equipment not include LFE.

- To play on a good hi-fi stereo, mix LFE at your risk. The arithmetic mix of LFE can produce artifacts, or not.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:21   #11432  |  Link
TDiTP_

Quote:
When dowmixing 5.1 sources to 2.0, is it a good idea to include -mixlfe? Or better to not include?
Dolby inc. does not recommen do it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby Surround Pro Logic II Decoder Principles of Operation
There are other concerns when adding an LFE signal to the mix. If the LFE is simply redistributed within the other channels of the mix, they will usually be subject to some low-frequency bandpass filtering. This filtering causes phase shifts of the LFE signal. When they are acoustically added within a room, these phase shifts are fairly subtle and often go unnoticed. However, when they are electronically added together with the five main channels in the encoder, they may produce less than desirable results at certain frequencies. For this reason, it is recommended that the LFE signal not be used in a Dolby Pro Logic II downmix unless it contains unique information that is not repeated in any of the five main channels.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:53   #11433  |  Link
iSeries

Thanks guys, will leave it out then. Thought there must be a reason it was left out by default.
Old 7th December 2011, 19:13   #11434  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckChase! View Post
Thanks to this info from rijnton I finally got this up and running. It seems that the detection most definitely has something to do with the newer installs from Arcsoft surrounding the Total Media Extreme product family. (which includes TMT) If using an older version that is TMT only it works fine even when the newer codec versions are installed on top of it.

Here's how to get it working:

1. Uninstall all previous versions and do the cleanup steps listed in this thread. (Registry clean, delete orphaned directories, delete instances of "arcsoft" in the registry)

1.Download and install the old version of the TMT trial that was pulled from Arcsoft's site awhile ago:

http://rapidshare.com/files/15529889...intro.exe.html

2. Do not run the program at this point - reboot
3. download this patch: http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/dig...Update_ALL.exe
and install it. Again, do not run program. Note that this step may not be necessary. Rijton reported that he did not install this patch and went right to installing the retail w/o problems.
4. Reboot
5. eac3to should work at this point. If you own TMT or TME retail, go ahead and install now.
I followed all those steps (had TMT 5 installed, but it was removed for this). I downloaded this Rapidshare file, installed, then rebooted the machine, Win7 warned me the driver was not compatible and that it would be disabled, TMT asked if I wanted to check for updates, I refused.

I did not installed this "patch" since the link is offline.

Before all that, eac3to told me I didn't had anything from Arcsoft. I tried converting a 7.1 DTS-HD MA track, from the movie "The Sound of Music", just to check if everything was fine. It failed to convert, since Arcsoft is the only one that recognizes that number of channels, as explained here:

Quote:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use

DTS-HD decoding can be achieved through:

1) "Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.3" DirectShow filter (commercial software)

2) ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre (commercial software)

Both decode bit-perfect. Sonic is limited to 5.1 or 6.1 channels depending on the source track, while ArcSoft can output up to 7.1 channels.

As a result ArcSoft is the default decoder for DTS-HD.
Look (and it won't convert to AC3, it will stay in that screen forever):

Please, I beg all of you! For God's sake, DO NOT POST HERE LINKS THAT REDIRECT US TO THE DEVELOPER'S WEBSITE, ALWAYS UPLOAD COPIES FROM SUCH FILES ELSEWHERE, AND NEVER A SINGLE COPY LIKE YOU DID IN THIS CASE!

This is another copy from the "arcsoft_totalmediatheatre_engintro.exe", this time stored in multiple servers:

http://migre.me/72ZKQ

http://migre.me/72ZMi

If you upload these things in a single server, sooner or later the file will be deleted for inactivity. If people do not download this thing, it will be deleted for sure. Megaupload is one of servers that does not delete files for that reason (despite what their FAQ says).

As a result, my only alternative is to use a software like SUPER from eRIGHTSOFT to convert this...
Old 7th December 2011, 20:30   #11435  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

I did it! I solved the whole thing!

Thanks to this thread:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139946

All I had to do was browse this folder (using DOS prompt - it won't work using the Start Menu):

C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre\Codec\

Where the file ASAudioHD.ax is located.

After that, all we have to do is execute that command:

regsvr32 ASAudioHD.ax

And then:

For the record, I only did this after reinstalling the last TMT version, and after that, updating the old one from the RS/Migre links.

It looks like this old version is incompatible with Windows 7, I couldn't make it work even using the compatibility mode.
Old 8th December 2011, 19:36   #11436  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
- Dolby recommend not include LFE in downmix.

- To play on TV or low cost audio equipment not include LFE.

- To play on a good hi-fi stereo, mix LFE at your risk. The arithmetic mix of LFE can produce artifacts, or not.
Sorry to bring this up again - is the Dolby recommendation to not include the LFE when downmixing to 2.0 specific to Dolby Digital / AC3 or is it relevent to all formats? I.e if downmixing to wav / PCM is it still not recommended?

Also - and off topic for eac3to (sorry!), when watching a movie with 5.1 do audio processors (eg ffdshow or even Windows mixer) ignore the LFE when downmixing to 2.0?

Last edited by iSeries; 8th December 2011 at 19:39.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:51   #11437  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Sorry to bring this up again - is the Dolby recommendation to not include the LFE when downmixing to 2.0 specific to Dolby Digital / AC3 or is it relevent to all formats? I.e if downmixing to wav / PCM is it still not recommended?
Read the TDiTP_ post.
The problem is how the original LFE was created, not matter the downmix output format.
Quote:
Also - and off topic for eac3to (sorry!), when watching a movie with 5.1 do audio processors (eg ffdshow or even Windows mixer) ignore the LFE when downmixing to 2.0?
You can configure the downmix at your choice.
Old 9th December 2011, 12:51   #11438  |  Link
pandv2

Another little bug in eac3to, in the hope someday the programmer, or a friend of it, restart the project.

This is the log:

eac3to v3.24
command line: "C:\MasProgramas\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:\Sc\H1.mkv" 2:"C:\Temp\VideoSynch\Vsy_Tmp_Audio_1.ac3" -320 -25.000 -changeTo23.976
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MKV, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1 subtitle track, 0:22:43, 25p
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: MP3, Spanish, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz, 1500ms
"Audio en Castellano"
3: Subtitle (ASS), Spanish, "Subtítulos para el audio Castellano"
[v01] The video bitstream framerate field doesn't match the container framerate. <WARNING>
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a02] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a02] Encoding AC3 <320kbps> with libAften...
[a02] Clipping detected, a 2nd pass will be necessary. <WARNING>
[a02] Creating file "C:\Temp\VideoSynch\Vsy_Tmp_Audio_1.ac3"...
[a02] Starting 2nd pass...
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a02] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a02] Encoding AC3 <320kbps> with libAften...
[a02] Applying -0,21dB gain...
[a02] Creating file "C:\Temp\VideoSynch\Vsy_Tmp_Audio_1.ac3"...
Video track 1 contains 34071 frames.
eac3to processing took 23 seconds.
Done.

You can see I am trying to convert a mp3 track from a mkv video from 25.000 to 23.976. But the video is a 23.976 avc1 encode, converted by the mkv container to a 25.000 play speed.
Eac3to doesn't does the framerate conversion.

The workaround is simple: extract and convert after.
Old 9th December 2011, 18:58   #11439  |  Link
dream88

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
Does anyone have Nero 7 decoders working on Win7x64, and if so, could you please provide working instructions?

Despite asking some time ago, and having someone post advice, it doesn't work. Trying to run Regsvr32 on AdvrCntr2.dll works fine; running it on NeAudio2.ax fails (regsvr32 hangs and then crashes); and running it on NeEacDec.dll fails, it reports it can't find an entry-point DllRegisterServer.

I have installed a retail version of Nero7Ultra with retail BluRay/HDDVD plugin and no go.

Many thanks
The REAL Joe
Hi i have made an sfx for eac3to with nero 7 , surcode, arcsoft all in one setup only 8mb, without installing nero/surcode etc, not sure if i could post it here though, i made it for 64 bit too.

For nero 7 the only files you need are ( advrcntr2.dll msvcp71.dll msvcr71.dll NeAudio2.ax NeEacDec.dll ) and the correct registry keys from your nero 7.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ahead]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ahead\Installation]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ahead\Installation\Families]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]
"Company"=""
"EulaAccepted"="x"
"MissingFilesState"="0"
"Serial7_xxxxxxxxxxxx"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"User"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ahead\Installation\Families\Plugins]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ahead\Installation\Families\Plugins\Info]
"Serial7_xxxxxxxxxxx"="*xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

For surcode you need the ( surcodedvd.exe Tables folder and lservrc ) and correct registry keys for surcode.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Minnetonka Audio Software]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Minnetonka Audio Software\SurCode DVD-DTS]
"Home"="C:\\(path to folder)\\Surcode DTS Encoder"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Minnetonka Audio Software\SurCode DVD-DTS\1.0.10]
@=""

For arcsoft you need ( ASAudioHD.ax checkactivate.dll DtsDec.dll dtsdecoderdll.dll MagCore.dll MagPCMac.dll MagUIEngine.dll MagUIInter.dll msvcp71.dll msvcr71.dll ).

A copy of msvcp71.dll & msvcr71.dll are required in the same folder as nero 7, arcsoft & eac3to folder.

I worked out how everything works and put a package together myself with all these files.

Last edited by dream88; 9th December 2011 at 19:19.
Old 12th December 2011, 06:04   #11440  |  Link
phate89

hi..there's a way to make it work eac3to with audio that have different channels? for example an ac3 or dts that have the start on 2.0 and the rest of 5.1? because eac3to recognise it as 2.0... and destroy the audio (3 times longer)... to pass ac3s to wav i use besweet that solve the problem but i don't know how to do with dts
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to