Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 26th October 2005, 18:42   #21  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan
Yeah, much better now.
btw the link you posted is a time waster, i kept being told "too many users blah blah retry later" and the BT is not working either.
mirrored
That's odd, I'm seeding it :S Bad tracker I guess. And it worked perfect for me to download it from rapidshare.

Quote:
where does this info come from? somehow i doubt thats true
MPEG-2 in mp4 didn't work in the first build of MPC I posted. It does now.
Old 26th October 2005, 19:57   #22  |  Link
fight2win
What's in a name dude !

woohooo, mpc supporting all kinds of mp4 file, now that's cool!
fight2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 21:33   #23  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight2win
woohooo, mpc supporting all kinds of mp4 file, now that's cool!
Not only that, it kicks major ass too! All we need now is an internal mpeg-4 decoder for mpc, and then we got it made. Gabest pleeeeeaaase!
Old 26th October 2005, 23:09   #24  |  Link
Egh

Well, MPC is g00d. But I highly doubt MP4 splitting is so needed. Haali did exceptionally excellent job with his splitter.

I hope that in new version gabest stream switcher will be better, it's not good yet. And some subtitle renderer stuff would need some tweaks too, imo.
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 01:40   #25  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias
That's odd, I'm seeding it :S Bad tracker I guess. And it worked perfect for me to download it from rapidshare.
Probably some IP ranges are k-lined. Yeah, bad tracker. I'm still getting this error right now. (Time = UTC)
Quote:
ERROR (10/27/05 00:10:21) -
Problem connecting to tracker - (10061, 'Connection refused')
The magnet: link there worked, but there were no seeders seen from me. So once I got the file, I began seeding for magnet as I saw other seedless leechers there. If you'd like to, you could use my tracker. I'd be honored to help you out.

Quote:
Not only that, it kicks major ass too!
Speaking of "ASS" I'll have to check if the internal sub renderer has been fixed. I really really love MPC, that's practically the only video player I use, I swear by the name of Gabest but that off-by-one-frame softsub is not acceptable.

Quote:
All we need now is an internal mpeg-4 decoder for mpc, and then we got it made. Gabest pleeeeeaaase!
That'd be great And on the other hand, I'd like to see this internal MP4 filter as a separate DSFilter too, which can be used via any DSPlayer. Altho, I have no idea if that is possible... Oh and speaking of outer filters, it'd be great indeed if Gabest updates other filters, especially VSFilter, since it's weird to see "VSFilter+border fix"--an unofficial build probably taken from CCCP--even in the official Matroska Pack. I'd like to use official, "genuine-gabest" filters, in order to avoid any possible confusion. Anyway, I'm so happy to see what is going on now. Haali's filter is great, but Haali's filter and MPC both have the same functions such as multi-audio switcher, so sometimes I experience some kind of conflict using Haali filter+MPC. Of cource each has its own forte, but generally, all-in-one would be nice and handy. Thanks a bunch!!!
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 03:19   #26  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan

Speaking of "ASS" I'll have to check if the internal sub renderer has been fixed. I really really love MPC, that's practically the only video player I use, I swear by the name of Gabest but that off-by-one-frame softsub is not acceptable.

Oh and speaking of outer filters, it'd be great indeed if Gabest updates other filters, especially VSFilter, since it's weird to see "VSFilter+border fix"--an unofficial build probably taken from CCCP--even in the official Matroska Pack. I'd like to use official, "genuine-gabest" filters, in order to avoid any possible confusion.
Word on the net is (everybody rejoice in unity since gabest reincarnated online!!!) that there's an ASS :P which screws up current VSFilter. Aka simply crashes it. So VSFilter and internal sub renderers need to be fixed, true.

And what "border" fix are you talking about? IIRC MPC cvs build by gabest (0813) had some kind of fix in subs renderer.

About drivers and multi-audio stream switcher -- MPC internal one sucks. It doesn't have proper working selector of audio/subs somehow. So for MKVs there's nothing better than old g00d Haali splitter

So if Gabest could implement applying splitter only to selected extensions only... :P Practically the only file type I allow MPC to split internally is ogm. And only cause Haali is reluctant to implement it in his splitter :P

MKV, AVI, MP4 -- on those Haali works b3st
Old 27th October 2005, 06:14   #27  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Well, I doubt that it's needed to use any more torrents for MPC. Most people here can download the file from Rapidshare, and Gabest is almost finished with the mp4 splitter. He might even release a new version of MPC today. By the way, he wants a matroska sample with simple block too. If anyone has one, upload it on rapidshare, or seed a torrent with one. He decided to fix that issue too
Quote:
Well, MPC is g00d. But I highly doubt MP4 splitting is so needed. Haali did exceptionally excellent job with his splitter.
Sure, Haali is great. I don't see how an internal MPC splitter would hurt though. Haali could always make an option to disable MPC's internal mp4 splitter (just like he did with the Matroska splitter of MPC). But an internal splitter for mp4 in MPC is great for expanding the compatibility for mp4 files around the internet.
Old 27th October 2005, 07:24   #28  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
If anyone has one, upload it on rapidshare, or seed a torrent with one. He decided to fix that issue too Sure, Haali is great. I don't see how an internal MPC splitter would hurt though. Haali could always make an option to disable MPC's internal mp4 splitter (just like he did with the Matroska splitter of MPC). But an internal splitter for mp4 in MPC is great for expanding the compatibility for mp4 files around the internet.
WTF is simple block mkv?

Also, mp4 is not particulary good format per se. I wouldn't even ever used if not the fact that Nero Recode writes output to .mp4.

Also, if Gabest finally does something with the code, plz somebody tell him that there's such a thing like *DAR aka Display Aspect Ratio*, and it's been known for ages that mpc has tremendous difficulties in auto-adjusting aspect ratio (far worse than zoomplayer btw).

I do NOT see that issue fixed in newer build and that's quite worrying.
Old 27th October 2005, 07:42   #29  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

softsub still off-by-one frame

Softsubs by MPC's internal renderer are still off-by-one frame in timing, even in this new beta.

Here's a definitive demo, where 2 ASS files (they are exactly identical except for positioning) are hardsubbed and then softsubbed.
Hard_vs_Softsubs.mkv (11 seconds, 48KB)

1. VSFilter
- Hardsubs and softsubs come and go at the same timing, as they should.

2. MPC's renderer
- Softsubs from MPC are almost always 1 frame too late, both for Start Time and End Time.

I made this clip 10fps, so anyone can see the difference clearly, as the time lag is 0.1 seconds.

NOTE: This problem was already fixed in the officila 6.4.8.5, by Gabest's "nasty but elegant hack."

Last edited by Liisachan; 4th November 2005 at 01:46.
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 12:22   #30  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh
WTF is simple block mkv?
I have no idea. Ask the poster that wanted it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicone
Will Gabest also update the outdated matroska splitter ? Simple block ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh
Also, mp4 is not particulary good format per se. I wouldn't even ever used if not the fact that Nero Recode writes output to .mp4.
Well, there are better containers than mp4. The reason I like it, is because it's the native container of MPEG-4, and MPEG-4 rocks in my honest opinion. Still though, there's nothing wrong with mp4, it's pretty good actually. The only downside imho is that it doesn't support chapters yet (not as a standard). I like the fact that you can't put just any codec you want in it, because that means if it's an mp4, it will play (provided that it's done right), and people won't have to have 50 000 different codec decoders installed for one container (like avi), that just gets tiresome and redundant; I have lots of friends who message me constantly about codecs and that they're not playing. It's always with avi files. With a proper mp4, it'll always work as long as they use the right player. I like standards, I want to use standards, and support them. I do that by using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh
Also, if Gabest finally does something with the code, plz somebody tell him that there's such a thing like *DAR aka Display Aspect Ratio*, and it's been known for ages that mpc has tremendous difficulties in auto-adjusting aspect ratio (far worse than zoomplayer btw).

I do NOT see that issue fixed in newer build and that's quite worrying.
We talked about this yesterday, and bond knows his shit
Quote:
[19:23:11] <Elias> Gabest2
[19:23:25] <Elias> will you implement DAR support in mp4?
[19:23:29] <Elias> would be awesome
[19:23:37] <Elias> VLC has it, MPC must have it too
[19:24:34] * Gabest2 has quit IRC
[19:25:12] <Elias> damn
[19:25:34] <|bond|> elias: par is done by the decoder not the parser
[19:25:45] <Elias> I wrote DAR
[19:26:14] <|bond|> ?
[19:26:24] <|bond|> DAR (of asp) is also done by the decoder
[19:26:27] <Elias> as in Display Aspect Ratio... MPEG-4 Anamorphic
[19:26:36] <Elias> hmm ok
[19:26:40] <Elias> didn't know that
[19:26:44] <|bond|> or better said by the renderer
Conclusion: it's not Gabest's fault. By the way, ffdshow supports proper Aspect Ratio decoding for MPEG-4 video, in avi and mp4 as well.

Last edited by Elias; 1st December 2006 at 06:53.
Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 16:01   #31  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Well :P First of all I kinda like MKV format So I worry much more about that not mp4.

If that dude is SOOO high knowledge about mpc, could he explain me, why t3h hell DAR option [usually] works in ZP, but doesn't in MPC?

Have Gabest ever tested DAR option in VMR9 *renderless* mode? Some ppl say it works in VMR9 windowed, but on my system it doesn't work either way.

and, more important, if i can just manually *override* AR (context menu -- video frame) in mpc, why MPC can't do absolutely same thing but automatically, based on the DAR received? And Haali says MPC truly receives DAR from his splitter.

In fact, many noobz are annoyed by anamorphic releases because of failure of MPC to adjust AR automatically.

And of course I would like to have DAR in ffdhow, but it will take some more buggering from me finally to implement it there probably 20 lines of code, been asking for that for two months
Old 27th October 2005, 16:15   #32  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh
Well :P First of all I kinda like MKV format So I worry much more about that not mp4.

If that dude is SOOO high knowledge about mpc, could he explain me, why t3h hell DAR option [usually] works in ZP, but doesn't in MPC?

Have Gabest ever tested DAR option in VMR9 *renderless* mode? Some ppl say it works in VMR9 windowed, but on my system it doesn't work either way.

and, more important, if i can just manually *override* AR (context menu -- video frame) in mpc, why MPC can't do absolutely same thing but automatically, based on the DAR received? And Haali says MPC truly receives DAR from his splitter.
Dude, I've got no idea of what you're talking about. I'm not a coder. Ask them if you've got questions directed to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh
In fact, many noobz are annoyed by anamorphic releases because of failure of MPC to adjust AR automatically.
I don't do Anamorphic "releases." I do use DAR though You can't blame Gabest for giving us a kick ass player for free. He's coding all alone on it, give him a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh
And of course I would like to have DAR in ffdhow, but it will take some more buggering from me finally to implement it there probably 20 lines of code, been asking for that for two months
You don't have to code anything with ffdshow to get DAR from it. Just check these two checkboxes and it'll be fine:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4...showdar6jv.png

By the way, let's keep this thread as an MPC/mp4 thread

Last edited by Elias; 27th October 2005 at 16:21.
Old 27th October 2005, 16:28   #33  |  Link
stephanV
gone

PAR works fine in mpc if you select overlay mixer in your decoder (enabling it in mpc won't hurt either)

MPEG4 ASP does not have DAR.
stephanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 16:30   #34  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanV
MPEG4 ASP does not have DAR.
Yes it does. http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4aspdar7gl.gif

Last edited by Elias; 27th October 2005 at 16:36.
Old 27th October 2005, 16:38   #35  |  Link
stephanV
gone

What that does is just converting DAR to PAR
Old 27th October 2005, 16:43   #36  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanV
What that does is just converting DAR to PAR
Then why is it (Picture Aspect Ratio) renamed to Display Aspect Ratio in the 1.1 (stable) build of XviD that's coming out soon?
Old 27th October 2005, 16:58   #37  |  Link
stephanV
gone

To avoid confusing with PAR; DAR is just there for people who don't know how to handle a calculator.
Old 27th October 2005, 17:03   #38  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Gimme the address where the Gabest reincarnated

P.S. i *specifically* said VMR9, not overlay mixer.
Old 27th October 2005, 17:19   #39  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh
Gimme the address where the Gabest reincarnated
I don't think I have his permission to give that out. He doesn't want everyone to ask him lots of questions 24/7. He's a busy man Try emailing him at gabest AT gabest DOT org and pray for an answer

Last edited by Elias; 27th October 2005 at 17:21.
Old 28th October 2005, 05:11   #40  |  Link
celtic_druid

When I tested XviD's fixed PAR resizing for non packed bframes, I tested with MPC and I had it set to VMR9. It has always resized correctly for me. As bond said it really shouldn't have anything to do with the player.
celtic_druid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic