Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th March 2009, 11:26   #3041  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr19121970 View Post
I don't know, as I've not tried it. but this is what it should do:

. the version number in the headers should be 1 for AVCHD (2 for blu-ray) eg HDMV0100 instead of HDMV0200
. the directory structure is slightly different
. the files are limited to 4gb in size (FAT32)
. the filenames are in 8.3 format (FAT32)
None of these are true, except "the directory structure is slightly different" and about the directory - it is that some folders are not present in AVCHD.

For example you can have an AVCHD DVD disc, containing one 4.4GB 00000.m2ts file and all names in longer format... Headers 0100/0200 are version numbers that have no real impact. The things you listed are only valid if using USB/SD/MMC media, not optical media.

The major difference are the restrictions that separate BD and AVCHD (video codec, bitrate, audio codecs). Luckily HW manufacturers don't follow them strictly, hence the possibility to play AVCHD-like structures with BD content. Other difference is the extended data in index.bdmv and the completely different extended data in clpi/mpls files which are REALLY AVCHD - those produced by camcoders and those that will play on PanasonicTV with SDHC card support.

Dean
Old 26th March 2009, 12:16   #3042  |  Link
idbirch2

Roman, can you remember to go back to standard file naming when splitting files - in 1.8.35, split files get called 00000.split1.m2ts, 00000.split2.m2ts instead of just 00001.m2ts, 00002.m2ts etc?
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 12:24   #3043  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
SeeMoreDigital
I'll change this text at nearest release.
Old 26th March 2009, 14:23   #3044  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r
I can change this parameter in H.264 headers.
But some frames will be with artifacts (where is large ref frames is used).
Better no then. What you think about some stream anylize before mux, to notice user that stream is 100% compactible with Blu-Ray or not
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 18:28   #3045  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Can your send me small example of problem stream please?
I PMed you the clip...
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 18:45   #3046  |  Link
ExSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
Better no then. What you think about some stream anylize before mux, to notice user that stream is 100% compactible with Blu-Ray or not
I think that as an option it is for someone usefull.
For example some 1080p file with 5ref frames can't be played at all without reencooding but maybe only 3times in a stream 4ref frames are breaked with 5.
So what is better, unsupported file or supported file with few glitches in stream?
Roman it will be great if you give an option for someone to use this "header patch"
Thanks for your great soft
P.S.
Exist some soft which can analyze video stream and report e.g. how much % stream uses more that 4/8 ref frames so we will know if it is usefull to use header fix or not(without watching whole movie)?
Thx

Last edited by ExSport; 26th March 2009 at 18:48.
ExSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 22:01   #3047  |  Link
ps3hacker

the version number in the headers should be 1 for AVCHD (2 for blu-ray) eg HDMV0100 instead of HDMV0200

Deank, why do you not beleive this to be true. If we are trying to be compliant here, then this also must not be overlooked. Although it t might seem unimportant now, it may lead to uncompatability with some players.

Last edited by ps3hacker; 26th March 2009 at 22:03. Reason: grammer
ps3hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 22:22   #3048  |  Link
turbojet

Real AVCHD is restricted to 4 GB files, 8.3 filenames, exists in an AVCHD directory and not many standalones support it. Sony does and Panasonic just recently supported it in the latest firmware, LG BD370 supposedly supports AVCHD through USB but not from disk. It's mainly used in AVCHD cameras and flash drives.

It goes far beyond just changing a header in an index.bdmv (really index.bdm in AVCHD). You can't rely on what the player is telling you it is because it gets confused itself. If you burn it on a DVD and play in PS3 it will probably display AVCHD, put that dvd in another player and it could display BD, Samsung and Panasonic do afaik. Put the same content on a BD and the PS3 mysteriously shows it as a BD, it just assumes red laser is AVCHD and blue laser is BD, no matter what the header is.

Whether TSMuxer plans on outputting real AVCHD vs what it does now by changing a header is up to them I guess, but it brings up a lot more confusion if it stays the way it is. The current AVCHD output would be more appropriate being just an option for using 0100 headers for pesky players as the output is still 100% BD content with a changed header.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 00:53   #3049  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Okay.. Let's put it another way:

I know and so does Roman, that 0100/0200 has nothing to do with AVCHD or BLURAYDISC, LONG vs. 8.3 names has NOTHING to do either. Size may matter as AVCHD poses restriction to 8cm DVD discs which can't hold 4+GiB but UDF2.5 can. Differences are completely different.

And let's cut all this.

Earlier today I posted about a bug in 34b vs 18b - I'm really sorry if I mislead someone - it was not tsMuxeR's bug, but TONS of files with problems (or my laptop).
Old 27th March 2009, 05:18   #3050  |  Link
zeropc

i created an avchd with v1.8.35(b) and it doesn't get recognized by my ps3!!!
i used avchd output. any ideas?
zeropc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 05:30   #3051  |  Link
turbojet

deank: You could be correct about the extra data being the main factor between AVCHD and BD. I'm too naive about that but I do see a lot of people saying 100 is AVCHD and 200 is BD and they say that changes between BD and AVCHD. The 3 AVCHD camera images I've worked with have been stored on FAT32 drives so they come with 8.3 names, split in 4GB and had the BDMV folder inside PRIVATE/AVCHD. I will try to get my hands on another one of these soon so maybe they can be investigated further from someone more intelligent then me.

In general there's a lot of confusion between AVCHD and BD and some software and some hardware players are making it more confusing, TSMuxer being one of these now but it could work out to help defining the differences in the future. I think the majority has been led to believe that AVCHD = movie only on DVD/BD and BD = menus and all on a DVD/BD, which is misleading.

multiAVCHD output used in multiAVCHD is the closest I've seen to an avchd output from a mux and while it's not quite exact it does seem to trick a lot of players to play it from flash drive which is the main purpose. I do remember someone posting something from nero that represented what I've experienced as AVCHD.

But concerning TSMuxer I wonder what they are trying to do with the output to AVCHD disk. Taking a wild guess here but I think it would be for flash drive playback, which in that case I agree with mrr19121970 that it really should follow FAT32 standards and use a different directory structure (I don't know if PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV is required) along with denying DTS audio and VC-1 input. The only differences I see currently are bdmv file headers to 100 and adds more data to index.bdmv.

zeropc: use bluray output and it should work although you might need to use an older version to get it to work.

Last edited by turbojet; 27th March 2009 at 06:30.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:13   #3052  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropc View Post
i created an avchd with v1.8.35(b) and it doesn't get recognized by my ps3!!!
i used avchd output. any ideas?
See my post here.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 09:46   #3053  |  Link
Ryu77

Roman, feature request...

Is it possible for tsMuxeR GUI to remember the last directory navigated to? This is quite useful for appending files. I still use v1.8.8 for appending files as it is much easier and quicker because of this reason.

However, this becomes annoying when muxing a new file and the GUI looks for the last directory navigated to, only to display an error because that folder is now deleted.

So, to be clear, this would be great to remember the most recent directory while the current GUI remains open but this should be cleared once the GUI window is closed.
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 11:30   #3054  |  Link
roman76r

Ryu77
Quote:
Is it possible for tsMuxeR GUI to remember the last directory navigated to?
tsMuxerGUI remember last directory. If this does not happen, possible it is small bug.
Anywhere you can append several files thus: select several files in explorer and drag& drop it to join button.
roman76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 11:44   #3055  |  Link
coolalibaba

I can confirm the new GUI doesn't remember the last dir.
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 12:43   #3056  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Ryu77

tsMuxerGUI remember last directory. If this does not happen, possible it is small bug.
Anywhere you can append several files thus: select several files in explorer and drag& drop it to join button.
Oh yes, I should have been clearer. I was requesting that the feature be brought back... So... For all intensive purposes if that feature was not removed, then yes it seems the new GUI has a bug.
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 17:02   #3057  |  Link
choyu

Feature Request

@Roman
Thanks for the great work.

Will it be possible later to mux DVD subtitles?
For me,I really hope that TSMUXER can convert idx/sub(vobsub) subtitles to SUB and then has ability to convert SUB TO PGS,because I want to use idx/sub subtitles to mux with SD MPEG-2 video stream(720x480/576,VOB files)and finally make it AVCHD playback in PS3 HDD.

Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks again!
choyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 17:09   #3058  |  Link
Quatre

what is the latest version of tsMuxeR? whats best sites/links to get it from? and what is the difference between tsMuxeR a nd tsRemux?
Quatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 18:07   #3059  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatre View Post
what is the latest version of tsMuxeR? whats best sites/links to get it from? and what is the difference between tsMuxeR a nd tsRemux?
1.8.35 is latest from smlabs but you might be better off using 1.8.30 for now, seems there's some unexpected bugs in the latest version.

TSMuxer is being developed and can do more then TSRemux like demux and handles chapters, srt, mkv, etc.

TSRemux is no longer being developed but it's open source
Old 27th March 2009, 18:54   #3060  |  Link
zeropc

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
See my post here.
the filenames are ok, atleast from the splitting p.o.v.

they look like this

00000.m2ts
00001.m2ts
00002.m2ts

but that doesn't help me, cause the ps3 doesn't like this structure. i think running avchdme will fix it. i had hope to leave out that extra. not a true biggie though, but it wouldn't require a boot up in to windows.
zeropc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer