Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 3rd March 2007, 10:45   #961  |  Link
sonicbox

shookie, your little "roll back procedure" basically tells people to violate the terms of the trial URGE subscription service. This is probably a violation of the rules here, and obviously against the spirit of fairuse4wm... this isn't content you "own."
Old 3rd March 2007, 14:03   #962  |  Link
shookie

sorry.. didn't want it to look like that..

just wrote step by step what i do to remove my licenses

i guess they can remove that. sorry.
Old 3rd March 2007, 14:06   #963  |  Link
shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbox View Post
shookie, your little "roll back procedure" basically tells people to violate the terms of the trial URGE subscription service. This is probably a violation of the rules here, and obviously against the spirit of fairuse4wm... this isn't content you "own."
edited my post.. that wasn't supposed to be there.
Old 5th March 2007, 00:50   #964  |  Link
Spinstorm

Is there still no version that works on Vista?

Good thing I have a laptop with XP on it if there isnt!

Has anyone else noticed a drop in sound quality after removing the DRM? I am sure the WMA does not sound the same with it removed as it did before it was removed! Can anyone else hear what I am talking about?
Old 5th March 2007, 16:02   #965  |  Link
Danj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinstorm View Post
Is there still no version that works on Vista?
No, and there isn't likely to be since Windows Media Player is a Protected Process under Vista and consequently would be much harder (although not impossible) to crack I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinstorm View Post
Has anyone else noticed a drop in sound quality after removing the DRM? I am sure the WMA does not sound the same with it removed as it did before it was removed! Can anyone else hear what I am talking about?
The only operation that is done on the file by FairUse4WM is the decryption, there is no re-encoding or lowering of bitrate unless you are using some program that converts your WMAs to MP3 or something like that. For example if you are unDRMing your WMAs then putting them on your iPod, yes there will be a drop in quality because iTunes automatically re-encodes them, since the iPod has no native WMA support.
Old 6th March 2007, 02:35   #966  |  Link
Spinstorm

I swear I can hear a difference between the DRM WMA and the WMA with it removed!

Does anyone know a really good tool for ripping WMA to MP3 that works with very little sound quality loss?
Old 6th March 2007, 03:31   #967  |  Link
razor1

rhapsody help

i'm having the same trouble as most and i've done all the removing of windows 11 and i actually prefer wmp 10. I've also used several versions of fair use and i'm using the fu4wm13fix one.

I was wondering if it had to do with rhapsody. Cuz u suscribe to rhapsody and rhapsody 3.1 allows you to dl a wma without buying it like a lot of other programs...but you basically don't own it. Does that mean the drm remover won't work? Also, the whole C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallWMFDist11$\spuninst\spuninst.exe part of the rollback process didn't work cuz i didn't have that exe. Am i supposed to have it? Any help?

Last edited by razor1; 6th March 2007 at 03:49.
Old 6th March 2007, 03:33   #968  |  Link
razor1

mp3 converter

oh and spinstorm you should just use itunes. Just add the files to it and it gives you the option of converting your wma's into mp3.
Old 6th March 2007, 10:30   #969  |  Link
Stingrey

Oh no, please don´t do that !!
Converting wma´s into mp3´s comes with a severe loss in quality.

If you have to convert it to mp3, than use foobar2000 and lame.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:29   #970  |  Link
mayan6174

Here

Windows Media Player 11 Beta2
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...df33b0fb6ad2fb

FairUse4WM Fix
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...afe3b25b15eb2c
Old 6th March 2007, 22:07   #971  |  Link
petrus2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingrey View Post
Oh no, please don´t do that !!
Converting wma´s into mp3´s comes with a severe loss in quality.

If you have to convert it to mp3, than use foobar2000 and lame.
Are You (or anyone else) familiar with a program called SWITCH for converting audio files? I have used it to convert WMA's to MP3's with very good results.

**** March 8 2007 edit: I did not include a link to SWITCH in my original post. There is a free version of this software that converts WMA's to MP3's. I use it exclusively to convert my WMA's to MP3's. Here is the link:

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

This is not an attempt to spam. I am not affiliated with the company in any way and there is a free version for download. It just seemed that maybe no one had heard of this software or had not tried it and I wanted to provide a link to share what I think is a great free conversion tool. ****

Last edited by petrus2; 8th March 2007 at 22:26. Reason: Added Link to software
Old 7th March 2007, 00:23   #972  |  Link
tillerman

FU4 has been working fine but today when I tried to open it, the screen display would not come up. The task manager tells me it's running in the "processes" window, but no luck. Anyone else with this glitch?
Old 7th March 2007, 00:49   #973  |  Link
mysekurity

tillerman: you might want to restart your computer. If an application freezes up like that, it can usually be fixed by restarting.
Old 7th March 2007, 00:50   #974  |  Link
mysekurity

Has anyone lost their ability to un-drm after installing Urge's Automix addon? I'm a bit skeptical, as it requires you to download a program and close WMP.... I do like the feature however, and I'm wondering if the two are related.

Does anyone know?
Old 7th March 2007, 19:50   #975  |  Link
tillerman

mysekurity: that was the first thing I did. Even deleted and reinstalled FU4 from my original download on my backup drive. Still no luck. Any suggestions? This one's got me stumped.
Old 7th March 2007, 22:11   #976  |  Link
muzicmaken

I keep getting this....

.wma requires a different private key.

It just started doing that this week...I did the rollback and still get this...
Old 8th March 2007, 05:59   #977  |  Link
DaForce

Hey guys,

Very handy little app works like a charm.

Had to roll back to windows media player beta 2 tho to get it to work (obviously).

Problem I have now is that DRM WMV files, cause Media Player to freeze when they finish playing or if I press cancel on the aquired licence screen (before they start playing) which I do in order to get the licence for FairUse4WM as they are single run licence type files.
The un-DRM'd files seem to play fine, in windows media player and media player classic.
I dont recall this happening before I rolled back to beta2.
The only way to close WMP is to force quit the process in task manager.

Any ideas?

Last edited by DaForce; 8th March 2007 at 08:27.
Old 8th March 2007, 09:53   #978  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

If they are single run licences, then it is saying you don't own the content - only a licence to play it once. Attempting to UnDRM such content is against rule 6.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Last edited by blutach; 9th March 2007 at 04:56.
Old 9th March 2007, 00:22   #979  |  Link
DaForce

Well the content is playable multiple times, it just needs to retrieve the licence each time. Not "single run" as such. I just didnt know what else to call it.

I didnt think it would be a problem to mention as viodentia mentioned how to get around it and that it would most likely be included in the next release of fairuse4wm.. therefore surely its not against rule 6?
Or am I missing something.
See his comments here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...126#post881126
Old 9th March 2007, 06:35   #980  |  Link
muzicmaken

I'm still getting this.... any ideas why?

.wma requires a different private key.

I did the rollback and deleted the DRM folder as suggested...but still says private key...
Closed Thread