Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th September 2008, 08:16   #2001  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Not if you want to keep the movie, which most people do.
I would just use the BD-RE 25/50 to watch the movies on the stand alone that decoded the HD audio for me -> 5.1 PCM or just do DTS-MA/TrueHD -> 5.1 PCM than remux myself and using multi set DVD-R's to 'keep' the movie You got to be filthy rich to be able to backup movies to BD-R or literally have money to burn and I certainly do not. I burn enough as is.

Last edited by EPiPH0NE; 15th September 2008 at 08:20.
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 08:18   #2002  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdjerin View Post
TrueHD problems
Have you searched through this tread ? Duppie has allready made several post around this board about his tests (and a few solutions) on TrueHD Muxing.

And people that try to transmux their original BD to DVD should start to think again. That would defenately not work on stand-allone players, and i'll doubt it'll work on PC's. DVD simply cant generate the transferrate needed. Read around, and especially several (allmost identical) posts i've made on the max. transferrates/bitrates that you can use on BD5/9 (BD stucture on DVD5 / 9).

Last edited by G_M_C; 15th September 2008 at 08:23.
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 13:57   #2003  |  Link
Nullity

Now that I think about it, I thought I read somewhere in this thread (or it could have been the eac3to thread) that importing a thd+ac3 audio track into TsMuxer instead of just thd, will work just fine. I haven't tried this personally, but you might want to give it a shot. You can convert a TrueHD track with the following command:

Code:
eac3to audio.thd audio.thd+ac3
Nullity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 14:03   #2004  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullity View Post
Now that I think about it, I thought I read somewhere in this thread (or it could have been the eac3to thread) that importing a thd+ac3 audio track into TsMuxer instead of just thd, will work just fine. I haven't tried this personally, but you might want to give it a shot. You can convert a TrueHD track with the following command:

Code:
Yes, it does work, but you apparently need to run the tsMuxeR output through TsRemux to correct errors.

Cheers, Beastie.
Beastie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 16:15   #2005  |  Link
meloncin

there is a new version of tsmuxer in the smlabs website:

http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.8.6(b).zip
meloncin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 16:22   #2006  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloncin View Post

No changelog etc ?
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 16:47   #2007  |  Link
rebkell

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
No changelog etc ?
No GUI either.
rebkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 16:47   #2008  |  Link
Nullity

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloncin View Post

Interesting, only the CLI application has been updated, not the GUI. Perhaps bug fixes?

Good find!
Old 15th September 2008, 16:51   #2009  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Well at least roman is still working on it
Old 15th September 2008, 17:01   #2010  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Interesting, only the CLI application has been updated, not the GUI. Perhaps bug fixes?

Good find!
Latest GUI is 1.8.5(b)

http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.8.4(b).zip
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 17:12   #2011  |  Link
Nullity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Except you linked to 1.8.4.

Here it is: http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.8.5(b).zip
Old 15th September 2008, 17:14   #2012  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
I would just use the BD-RE 25/50 to watch the movies on the stand alone that decoded the HD audio for me -> 5.1 PCM or just do DTS-MA/TrueHD -> 5.1 PCM than remux myself and using multi set DVD-R's to 'keep' the movie You got to be filthy rich to be able to backup movies to BD-R or literally have money to burn and I certainly do not. I burn enough as is.
I admit they are still pricey but they are coming down, I get my BD-R 25gb discs from eBay seller nikonekobaby, they're the cheapest I've seen for Sony and TDK discs.
It's the only option for me, there's no point in having an expensive home cinema amp and having all your ripped Blu-Rays on a PC which can't pass through HD audio formats. Having said that, Auzentech are due to release an HD audio solution for PC's soon.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 17:21   #2013  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:

Code:
It didn't work for me, whatever I do, if a TrueHD track goes through TsMuxer at any stage it won't play on my Sony BDP-S350 and Onkyo amp.
TsRemux on it's own works for me if I only need to re-arrange the contents of the original blu-ray.

Last edited by hdpete; 15th September 2008 at 17:28.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 18:56   #2014  |  Link
baudi

Quote:
I admit they are still pricey but they are coming down, I get my BD-R 25gb discs from eBay seller nikonekobaby, they're the cheapest I've seen for Sony and TDK discs.
It's the only option for me, there's no point in having an expensive home cinema amp and having all your ripped Blu-Rays on a PC which can't pass through HD audio formats. Having said that, Auzentech are due to release an HD audio solution for PC's soon.
There is an Asus sound board also:

Asus Xonar HDAV1.3

See:

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...55&modelmenu=1
baudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 19:52   #2015  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
That's guys prices seem OK but I would save yourself some serious cash over time and use my method with a single BD-RE 25 and a single BD-RE 50 for viewing on your stand alone and just use TSSplitter/tsMuxeR/HDBDSplit to archive the movies on DVD-R, you would just need to rejoin them and burn when you want to watch them. This is what I do now on my NMT, w/o the burning and it only cost me pennies on the dollar and for the price of 1 BD-R 25 i can archive almost 10 BluRay/HD-DVD's and 20 for the price of one BD-R 50. Even at Ebay prices. If you already have a stand alone why the need for HD audio on your PC? Just seems like a waste of money that could be used for something else when your BluRay player can already decode TrueHD and you could easily do DTS-MA -> PCM then burn to BD-RE for viewing. I would save your cash for a BluRay player that can decode all HD audio if you want to do the least work. But I guess to each their own. That is my ultimate goal and if you use my backup method you could easily save enough for a PS3 or one of the newer Sony players in no time

Anyway, back on topic. Anybody get a chance to try out 1.8.6(b)? Does it fix anything?

Last edited by EPiPH0NE; 15th September 2008 at 19:55.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:39   #2016  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Except you linked to 1.8.4.

Here it is: http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.8.5(b).zip
You got me. Sorry.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 21:18   #2017  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
Anyway, back on topic. Anybody get a chance to try out 1.8.6(b)? Does it fix anything?
Tried TrueHD; what is changing is nothing
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 21:40   #2018  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
Tried TrueHD; what is changing is nothing

Oh well
Old 15th September 2008, 22:21   #2019  |  Link
NexGen76

TsMuxeR error

Can anyone explain why im getting a Unsupported Format error.Some tracks not recognized.I rip my file off BD to my Harddrive using Anydvd HD. For some reason this is happen to every BD i rip but i never had this issue before until a few weeks ago.Thxs
NexGen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 08:02   #2020  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexGen76 View Post
Can anyone explain why im getting a Unsupported Format error.Some tracks not recognized.I rip my file off BD to my Harddrive using Anydvd HD. For some reason this is happen to every BD i rip but i never had this issue before until a few weeks ago.Thxs
Yes, tsMuxeR is known to not be compatible with some tracks hence they will not import. You can try TsRemux as an alternative.

Tags
tsmuxer