Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2012, 18:58   #19741  |  Link
Zulithe

*edit* nevermind

Last edited by Zulithe; 12th June 2012 at 19:24.
Old 13th June 2012, 08:35   #19742  |  Link
boyumeow

@HoP,
Sorry, my bad. "Association with icons" have the effect of select all, if I'm not wrong. As for deselect, I guess we will go 1 by 1 >.< ...
Old 13th June 2012, 08:56   #19743  |  Link
Traps

I have this issue with MPC HC decoder and i was wondering if anyone knows the problem.

Basicaly, it doesn't decode formats properly, AAC has massive problems but AC3/Vorbis work perfectly.

Here's an example i recorded when trying to play a .mp4 h264/aac trailer for some upcoming movie:

MPC HC internal decoder: MPC HC audio.flac

Similar issue with LAV Audio: LAV Audio.flac

If i use FFDshow to decode AAC it works flawlessly, AC3 works flawlessly with MPC HC internal decoder. It's weird and i have no idea what's causing this.

MPC, LAV, FFDshow and drivers are all updated to latest version.

I'm using LAV Splitter, LAV Video, madVR renderer on i7 2600k, ASUS P8P67PRO, Windows 7 64bit and Asus Xonar DG audio card.
Old 13th June 2012, 09:33   #19744  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps View Post
I have this issue with MPC HC decoder and i was wondering if anyone knows the problem.

Basicaly, it doesn't decode formats properly, AAC has massive problems but AC3/Vorbis work perfectly.

Here's an example i recorded when trying to play a .mp4 h264/aac trailer for some upcoming movie:

MPC HC internal decoder: MPC HC audio.flac

Similar issue with LAV Audio: LAV Audio.flac

If i use FFDshow to decode AAC it works flawlessly, AC3 works flawlessly with MPC HC internal decoder. It's weird and i have no idea what's causing this.

MPC, LAV, FFDshow and drivers are all updated to latest version.

I'm using LAV Splitter, LAV Video, madVR renderer on i7 2600k, ASUS P8P67PRO, Windows 7 64bit and Asus Xonar DG audio card.
Upload a sample file for test.
Old 13th June 2012, 11:41   #19745  |  Link
Traps

It was this video: Rise of the Guardians - Official Trailer (HD), i downloaded (with the browser extension) the HD 720p/AAC version to my HDD and tried to play it. Happens with all AAC files though.

Here's a small song sample, it happens with this one too: track.m4a

Last edited by Traps; 13th June 2012 at 11:49.
Old 13th June 2012, 12:30   #19746  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps View Post
It was this video: Rise of the Guardians - Official Trailer (HD), i downloaded (with the browser extension) the HD 720p/AAC version to my HDD and tried to play it. Happens with all AAC files though.

Here's a small song sample, it happens with this one too: track.m4a
Downloaded the 720p version of that Youtube clip, and that sample song, and played them with both the internal MPC-HC AAC decoder as well as the mov/mp4 splitter enabled with default settings to make sure (as well as with using LAV for the splitting; it's an older LAV revision so the fact that decoding worked there too shouldn't really matter), but it seems to work fine (revision 5108 tested).

Can't help but to think that it's something else but decoding, such as specific audio output modes or whatever else that could be affecting the output. Try a settings reset for MPC-HC and friends once, and then retry (step by step veering off the MPC-HC's defaults)?
Old 13th June 2012, 15:56   #19747  |  Link
Traps

I've tried switching everything back to MPC HC defaults, tried every audio renderer available in MPC HC, tried Audio switcher On/Off with different settings but nothing works. The only thing that works is using ffdshow-tryouts set to libfaad2 to decode, if it's set to libavcodec decoder i get same errors in the audio.

I thought it was my audio card but i doubt that since it works flawlessly for everything else.
Old 13th June 2012, 17:32   #19748  |  Link
v0lt

@Traps
Show a list of filters.
Old 13th June 2012, 17:47   #19749  |  Link
Traps

You mean this?
Old 13th June 2012, 18:29   #19750  |  Link
JanWillem32

Can you take a look at the settings for the audio decoders themselves? It's accessible in the filter menu and by double-clicking an audio decoder item with a bold font in the internal filters option tab. Make sure "SPDIF" isn't selected, and that the correct speaker arrangement is set. Also disable dynamic range control if it's enabled.
The output format could also be the problem. The option for 24-bit output is refused the most, some devices don't like floating-point input, and older ones won't even accept 32-bit output. Just to be sure, could you try all four of these?
Old 13th June 2012, 18:49   #19751  |  Link
Traps

This is what i get when i double click on AAC in the Transform filters list

I tried changing it to 24 & 32bit and it didn't fix the issue, when i selected IEEE float it didn't work at all, it fell back to ffdshow when i opened the file.
Old 14th June 2012, 03:46   #19752  |  Link
v0lt

@Traps
Perhaps the problem of audio driver. Try another (built-in motherboard) sound card.
Old 14th June 2012, 21:30   #19753  |  Link
sialivi

Finally got myself a TrueHD/DTSHD-MA capable AVR and hooked it up via HDMI.

But how do I get MPC-HC to bitstream these formats? The only filter properties I find are for selecting whether or not AC-3 and DTS should be decoded or passthrough.

Judging by the lights on the AVR, I only get DTS from DTSHD-MA and PCM from TrueHD. Both formats are passed through correctly with XBMC so the AVR end is correctly setup.

Thanks for your continued great work

Last edited by sialivi; 14th June 2012 at 21:32.
Old 15th June 2012, 06:18   #19754  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sialivi View Post
Finally got myself a TrueHD/DTSHD-MA capable AVR and hooked it up via HDMI.

But how do I get MPC-HC to bitstream these formats? The only filter properties I find are for selecting whether or not AC-3 and DTS should be decoded or passthrough.
Try LAV Audio: https://www.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
Old 15th June 2012, 12:28   #19755  |  Link
sialivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangix View Post
Thanks for the help, much appreciated
Old 16th June 2012, 16:10   #19756  |  Link
saulob
SauloB

Amazing program, and faster than the original Media Player Classic, I'm in love with it.

But I got two questions
[dunno this is the official topic, sorry]

1) Every time I save one subtitle from the Search option, it saves two files ".srt" (the subtitle) and ".style". How can I set the program to download only the ".srt" file? I don't need this ".style" file.
2) Is there any way to increase the brightness of the video? I used FFDShow with Media Player Classic, and had some nice option, like the Level one that I could increase the brightness. I miss that.

Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 16:16   #19757  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulob View Post
1) Every time I save one subtitle from the Search option, it saves two files ".srt" (the subtitle) and ".style". How can I set the program to download only the ".srt" file? I don't need this ".style" file.
Hmm, not sure if it's currently possible. I will ask Demi about that, he worked on this feature lately.

Quote:
2) Is there any way to increase the brightness of the video? I used FFDShow with Media Player Classic, and had some nice option, like the Level one that I could increase the brightness. I miss that.
It should be possible (depending on the renderer you use), see the Options > Miscellaneous and Options > Player > Keys for shortcuts.
Old 17th June 2012, 03:15   #19758  |  Link
saulob
SauloB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
Hmm, not sure if it's currently possible. I will ask Demi about that, he worked on this feature lately.
Good, thanks
That would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
It should be possible (depending on the renderer you use), see the Options > Miscellaneous and Options > Player > Keys for shortcuts.
Done that, does not work, nothing changes on the video. I'm using the "EVR Custom Pres." rendering

Last edited by saulob; 18th June 2012 at 06:23. Reason: thanks ryrynz for showing me some quote errors ;)
Old 17th June 2012, 09:10   #19759  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Done that, does not work, nothing changes on the video. I'm using the "EVR Custom Pres." rendering
It seems to work for me (I tried with EVR CP but I'm on XP so maybe it's different, I will try asking someone on Seven).

I tried the slider in Options > Miscellaneous and I also configured hotkeys for that in Options > Player > Keys and both solutions work.
Old 17th June 2012, 09:12   #19760  |  Link
JanWillem32

When the VMR-9 or EVR mixers receive RGB input, none of the color controls on the Miscellaneous tab will work. The solution is to allow native NV12, I420/IYUV, YV12, YUY2 and UYVY input types from the decoders.
To access the full spread of logical color controls, use a pixel shader. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=157634
color controls\brightness, contrast and gamma controls for RGB
color controls\brightness, contrast, grayscale gamma, colorfulness gamma, hue and saturation controls for SD&HD video input

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc