Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th November 2017, 18:36   #26721  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgm View Post
Just follow Microsoft's credo... "build it and computer power will come"
forgot something there!

Quote:
Just follow Microsoft's credo... "build it and computer power will come CRASHING WITH BSOD's""
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 18:41   #26722  |  Link
jdobbs

I'm starting to wonder if anyone has actually created an HEVC stream with X265 that works on a UHD-BD. Every example I've found online fails.

I can take original streams and remux them to playback perfectly -- but every X265 output I've tried won't play when muxed.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th November 2017 at 22:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2017, 00:05   #26723  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Just follow Microsoft's credo... "build it and computer power will come"
"Make Windows 8 and 10 because Apple is in bed with us, and let's make Windows GUI even worse than 7."

I haven't done much with x265, yet. Plan to...been really busy.
Old 18th November 2017, 09:05   #26724  |  Link
meadrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
None that I can think of. Try it and see if it works...
x265-64.exe version 2.4+14 appears to work just fine, output to a .mkv.
meadrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 07:10   #26725  |  Link
Monty11

BD-Rebuilder is a wonderful program - thank you jdobbs! (I've donated.)

I have the StudioCanal blu-ray version of The Third Man (with 21290 on the spine). It has French and Spanish subtitles, but no English subtitles. When I rip the movie to my C drive with MakeMKV and add English subs in an srt file, BD-Rebuilder generates a file where the audio is 2-3 seconds before the video. The audio and video are in sync in the MKV file. If the BD-Rebuilder input is the blu-ray disc (using AnyDVD-HD), the audio and video are in sync - but there are no English subtitles. I get the same results both with and without FFDSHOW, Haali and LAV Filters installed (I followed the 17th October 2017 BDR installation instructions very carefully).

I attach a zip file with the log file and the inf files for the MKV and blu-ray conversions (without FFDSHOW, Haali and LAV). Is there any way to get BDR to make a 25GB blu-ray of this movie that includes subtitles? I'd be grateful for any advice.
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Third Man.zip (2.0 KB, 17 views)
Monty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 12:38   #26726  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty11 View Post
BD-Rebuilder is a wonderful program - thank you jdobbs! (I've donated.)
Yes, agreed BD-RB is wonderful! A donation will come from me before Xmas and hopefully from many more.

If your goal is to make a 25GB Blu-ray folder for burning to BD-disc this is what I do when adding ***.srt subs to a BD.
Using tsMuxer, easySUP or goSUP.

easySUP and goSUP can be downloaded from here:
https://www.videohelp.com/software/easySUP
tsMuxer here:
https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

I make my own subtitles for my projects and this workflow is well tested, maybe not the best, maybe akward, but hey, it works for me!
...and it's bulletproof!

Code:
First find out what fps (MediaInfo) the input video has. 
Then use easySUP or goSUP to convert the ***.srt to a ***.sup. 
Open your ***.srt file in SUP app.
Set font size, font color and other settings in SUP apps.
Select the correct fps. 
You need to do some testing before you have what you want. 
When the settings are done hit "Save eSS" to save project file. 
This ***.ess file you can load for a another project. 
(I have saved more than 50 different settings, fontsize, color, style, position, bold etc. 
So convenient and timesaving to just load when making a new project.)
--> Make shure you selected the correct fps before converting. <--
Then let SUP apps to their magic, you now have a ***.sup file.

Open tsMuxer and point to the correct video stream by selecting corresponding ***mpls from your BD title.
Now you can deselect things from your source file if needed.
In tsMuxer click "add" button and point to the newly created ***.sup. 
Again check that video and ***.sup has the same fps, set language name. 
Move ***.sup upward to where you want it to be displayed, below video and audio. 
Leave all other settings as they are.
Select output to "Blu-ray folder". 
Let tsMuxer do it's magic.
Play and check you newly created BD title so that video, audio and subs are in sync.
(Maybe BD-RB supports importing ***.sup files? I haven't tested that.)

Then fire up BD-RB and let it do it's magic to make a 25GB BD folder.

About Mr. Deans SUP software there is a bug in easySUP where the ***.sup fps sometimes misses.
So I use goSUP on these ones. A bit of hit and miss but I'll always get it right in the end.

On a sidenote:
I've tried using BD-RB with latest version of LAVFilters 0.70.2 and all seems to work perfectly.
No issues on the 5 or 6 projects I used so far with it.
I only do movie-only so no menus involved.
Remember, no bugreports when using BD-RB with other helper apps versions than jdobbs recommend.
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 15:50   #26727  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi all, hi dear jdobbs I need to tell you this because is about Bd rebuilder and I really hope not break any rules, I need to encode some BD50 to BD25 with Bd rebuilder and I need to move from here one place to another, and I have to use mi laptop and because that I so need to know if can I do it that several times of encoding progress without any problems like problems with hardware, motherboard, memory... you know. If this helps my laptop is Dell inspiron 17 series 5000 with i5 7th gen and 8gb ddr4 and the hot air come out on the back

I so need to know this guys and if I do wrong asking this here I really sorry I dont have any bad intention

Have a nice day
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 16:36   #26728  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi all, hi dear jdobbs I need to tell you this because is about Bd rebuilder and I really hope not break any rules, I need to encode some BD50 to BD25 with Bd rebuilder and I need to move from here one place to another, and I have to use mi laptop and because that I so need to know if can I do it that several times of encoding progress without any problems like problems with hardware, motherboard, memory... you know. If this helps my laptop is Dell inspiron 17 series 5000 with i5 7th gen and 8gb ddr4 and the hot air come out on the back

I so need to know this guys and if I do wrong asking this here I really sorry I dont have any bad intention

Have a nice day
It's certainly fine to ask here -- but, unfortunately (and I apologize), I don't understand what you are asking.
Old 25th November 2017, 16:52   #26729  |  Link
RoyGBiv-inRI

I had asked a couple of weeks ago about copying DVDs to a BD without having BDR re-encode. Let me explain my workflow. I am copying something from D* with a Pioneer DVD Recorder. Unfortunately, it sets the wrong AR flag when recording, 4:3 when it should be 16:9. So I've been copying these to my computer using MakeMKV and then using MKVToolNix to change the flag, which also gives me a chance to number and title each MKV correctly. I then import them in to BDR and can put about half a season of one hour shows on one BD.

They will already fit onto a BD, so JDobbs suggested that I just use the pseudo BD structure of the import and burn the disc. When I tried it on some DVDs I had already on my computer, it appeared to work fine. When I tried it with these shows, though, I found that the resulting un re-encoded m2ts files now were back to a 4:3 AR. If I go through the re-encoding process, they are correct again at 16:9. So something is happening both when importing them and then re encoding them to change the AR.

Now re-encoding these is not a big deal. The quality is acceptable, and I'm not sure I'm seeing a big change from the originals, but I would like to avoid this step. So, does anyone know why this is happening? Or, is there a program I can use to change the AR flag on the m2ts files back to 16:9 and burn them without re-encoding?

TIA.

SMK
RoyGBiv-inRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 17:24   #26730  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv-inRI View Post
Or, is there a program I can use to change the AR flag on the m2ts files back to 16:9 and burn them without re-encoding?

TIA.
SMK
If you are talking about DVD copies from a recordable unit I used this DVDPatcher 1.06
https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVDPatcher

I used to have, ages ago, a Sony RDR-HX 160GB from which I burned recordings to a DVD-RW and then copied back to my PC for editing with menus and stuff.
Aspect ratio was mostly wrong from Sony but DVDPatcher 1.06 worked just fine.
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 18:00   #26731  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
It's certainly fine to ask here -- but, unfortunately (and I apologize), I don't understand what you are asking.
I need to encode with Bd rebuilder some movies that take as we know several time, so I need to use my laptop to encode but I am worry about if my laptop can do it whitout any problems?

Because that, my laptop is Dell inspiron 17 series 5000 i5 7th gen with 8gbddr4 and I dont know if I use the laptop for encode could be some hardware problem? My laptop take off the hot air by the back

Hope you understand dear jdobbs?
Old 25th November 2017, 18:17   #26732  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

laptop should work just fine, just won't be as fast as a desktop can do it that's all
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 18:47   #26733  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:

Have a nice day
When move/copy the BD-RB folders used to a different computer just be sure the source and working paths matches. In INI or Project files. I've done this before from my Notebook to Desktop and visa versa at times.
Old 25th November 2017, 19:48   #26734  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv-inRI View Post
I had asked a couple of weeks ago about copying DVDs to a BD without having BDR re-encode. Let me explain my workflow. I am copying something from D* with a Pioneer DVD Recorder. Unfortunately, it sets the wrong AR flag when recording, 4:3 when it should be 16:9. So I've been copying these to my computer using MakeMKV and then using MKVToolNix to change the flag, which also gives me a chance to number and title each MKV correctly. I then import them in to BDR and can put about half a season of one hour shows on one BD.

They will already fit onto a BD, so JDobbs suggested that I just use the pseudo BD structure of the import and burn the disc. When I tried it on some DVDs I had already on my computer, it appeared to work fine. When I tried it with these shows, though, I found that the resulting un re-encoded m2ts files now were back to a 4:3 AR. If I go through the re-encoding process, they are correct again at 16:9. So something is happening both when importing them and then re encoding them to change the AR.

Now re-encoding these is not a big deal. The quality is acceptable, and I'm not sure I'm seeing a big change from the originals, but I would like to avoid this step. So, does anyone know why this is happening? Or, is there a program I can use to change the AR flag on the m2ts files back to 16:9 and burn them without re-encoding?

TIA.

SMK
When BD-RB imports an MKV, it uses the aspect ratio reported by MEDIAINFO. That ratio is taken from the stream -- so I don't see how the import could be the cause.
Old 25th November 2017, 19:52   #26735  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I need to encode with Bd rebuilder some movies that take as we know several time, so I need to use my laptop to encode but I am worry about if my laptop can do it whitout any problems?

Because that, my laptop is Dell inspiron 17 series 5000 i5 7th gen with 8gbddr4 and I dont know if I use the laptop for encode could be some hardware problem? My laptop take off the hot air by the back

Hope you understand dear jdobbs?
I can think of no reason there would be a problem with your laptop as long as you have plenty of storage space. The i5 won't be incredibly fast, but it should be adequate.
Old 25th November 2017, 23:54   #26736  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by varekai View Post

I make my own subtitles for my projects and this workflow is well tested, maybe not the best, maybe akward, but hey, it works for me!
...and it's bulletproof!
Well, you're awkward, probably should be bulletproof, and most definitely should be tested (for numerous things...) but, hey, we all still love ya!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 02:54   #26737  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
I can think of no reason there would be a problem with your laptop as long as you have plenty of storage space. The i5 won't be incredibly fast, but it should be adequate.
I appreciate your comment, you know, I asked here because I like to know what people here can say about it. I asked on others places and other people says they dont recommend laptop for this (this is way I preffer your recomendation)
Old 26th November 2017, 03:05   #26738  |  Link
Monty11

varekai, thank you for your detailed response - but BD-RB 'Import MKV' accepts .srt subs, either as a separate file or muxed into the MKV file.

I am asking jdobbs if it is a bug that BD-RB produces a 2-3 second delay in the video when the input is an MKV file (made from the original Third Man blu-ray with MakeMKV); the sync problem occurs with or without FFDSHOW-Haali-LAV, and with or without adding an English .srt file. There is no sync problem if BD-RB reads the original blu-ray directly (using AnyDVD-HD), but then I cannot add English subtitles. My previous post included the .log and .inf files. I ran BD-RB as an Administrator in Windows-7 64-bit.

Last edited by Monty11; 26th November 2017 at 03:26.
Old 26th November 2017, 04:01   #26739  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty11 View Post
varekai, thank you for your detailed response - but BD-RB 'Import MKV' accepts .srt subs, either as a separate file or muxed into the MKV file.

I am asking jdobbs if it is a bug that BD-RB produces a 2-3 second delay in the video when the input is an MKV file (made from the original Third Man blu-ray with MakeMKV); the sync problem occurs with or without FFDSHOW-Haali-LAV, and with or without adding an English .srt file. There is no sync problem if BD-RB reads the original blu-ray directly (using AnyDVD-HD), but then I cannot add English subtitles. My previous post included the .log and .inf files. I ran BD-RB as an Administrator in Windows-7 64-bit.
BD-RB uses the audio delay reported by MEDIAINFO when importing an MKV. It's possible it is reporting it incorrectly or it is incorrectly muxed (not sure). I've had that happen to me before at least once.

I know it isn't a problem in 99.9% of MKV files -- as I import them in testing all the time.

Last edited by jdobbs; 26th November 2017 at 04:03.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 10:57   #26740  |  Link
Monty11

Thanks, jdobbs. How do I find the audio delay reported by MEDIAINFO, please? It is not listed in the standard MEDIAINFO text report.

Last edited by Monty11; 26th November 2017 at 12:11.